Switch 0.28259259259259 28.3% [ 763 ]
Gold! 0.2637037037037 26.4% [ 712 ]
Total Votes:[ 2700 ]

Lady Sekhmet
Thy Young Prosecutor
She has a body like an hourglass...
Hullo, BDSM support group!
I have come to seek your wisdom!
I want to know where I would fall into the category of BDSM.
I enjoy being mistreated, but not physically. I'm not particularly a fan of pain or being beaten.
I'm leaning more towards being humiliated, dominated, bound, overpowered, controlled.
Things of the sort.
Oh and I have a hypnosis fetish.
So what BDSM category do I fall into?
I have been confused about this for a while. Would I still be a bottom even though I don't like pain or anything?
Please help me out here!

...and a mind like a diamond.

Yep. You could be a bottom or since you like being controlled you may identify as being a submissive or slave just not a masochist.

Alright! I got it now. C: I definitely feel submissive. Thank you so much C:

Thy Young Prosecutor
Lady Sekhmet
Thy Young Prosecutor
I enjoy being mistreated, but not physically. I'm not particularly a fan of pain or being beaten.
I'm leaning more towards being humiliated, dominated, bound, overpowered, controlled.
Things of the sort.
I have been confused about this for a while. Would I still be a bottom even though I don't like pain or anything?
Please help me out here!

Yep. You could be a bottom or since you like being controlled you may identify as being a submissive or slave just not a masochist.

I'm right in there with you. While I do like some types of "pain" that aren't really painful like flogging and spanking, I am completely not a masochist. I am submissive and enjoy the power exchange mostly. The ability to give up my power to someone who I can trust not to abuse it is just sexy to me.
Alright! I got it now. C: I definitely feel submissive. Thank you so much C:

Tipsy Reveler

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

I would like to point out that usually you are what you feel you are. There is no one "true" definition for bottom or submissive or slave. Not all subs are masochistic and so on, so it's not like there is a check-list for requirements.

You say you identify as a submissive so that's probably what you are. wink

I would like to point out how I look at things. For instance, in my opinion, all slaves are bottoms but not all bottoms are slaves.
not many people post in here. sweatdrop

Fashionable Fatcat

Man, I leave for a year and Gaia goes and makes a ponyplay item. I need these boots IRL soooo baaaad.

Barking Shapeshifter

23,875 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Forgive me if I offend anyone, I'm just ignorant.

I'm having trouble understanding the concept of "ponyplay." Is it an attraction to ponies and pony-related items, or just a blanket phrase used to cover bondage that uses some kind of equestrian-related harness or gear? Or does it kinda run along the lines of keeping or being a "pet," a reference to kind of relationship, only with...ponies? Do "ponies" actually pull carts and stuff? Finally, is ponyplay considered a type of humiliation play, or just used for humilation sometimes and is a kind of roleplay the rest of the time?

P.S. I'm a sub/lurker biggrin

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Megathread 100
Mephaeris
Forgive me if I offend anyone, I'm just ignorant.

I'm having trouble understanding the concept of "ponyplay." Is it an attraction to ponies and pony-related items, or just a blanket phrase used to cover bondage that uses some kind of equestrian-related harness or gear? Or does it kinda run along the lines of keeping or being a "pet," a reference to kind of relationship, only with...ponies? Do "ponies" actually pull carts and stuff? Finally, is ponyplay considered a type of humiliation play, or just used for humilation sometimes and is a kind of roleplay the rest of the time?

P.S. I'm a sub/lurker biggrin
Ponyplay isn't my personal fetish, but as I understand it, it involves both play that uses equestrian gear, and attraction to/for dressing up as and behaving like a pony. Actual horses need not apply.

And yes, some ponies pull carts, some do dressage, some actually carry people on their back and shoulders. Not all ponies do. Similarly, for some people, it's humiliation play, i.e. 'Ha! You're wearing a bit and stuck in a stable! Sucks to be you!', and for other people, they're a treasured, pampered animal and humiliation isn't present in that dynamic.

Randi The Rogue
Thy Young Prosecutor
Things of the sort.
Please help me out here!

I would like to point out that usually you are what you feel you are. There is no one "true" definition for bottom or submissive or slave. Not all subs are masochistic and so on, so it's not like there is a check-list for requirements.

You say you identify as a submissive so that's probably what you are. wink

I would like to point out how I look at things. For instance, in my opinion, all slaves are bottoms but not all bottoms are slaves.
I agree with Randi - it sounds like you'd be a submissive.

If I understand correctly, the terms 'top' and 'bottom' refer only to the active and passive participants in a particular scene. They sometimes, but don't always, align with 'dom' and 'sub'. It is possible to be a slave and to top a scene. (And when I tell my sub that he's going to give me a backrub and then ******** me, I expect him to do as he's told and to top the scene.)
i just thot sub means you like someone that knows what there doing to tell you what to do.

Fashionable Fatcat

Arg, I posted and its not showing up. Apologies if this double posts.

Now, I don't actually participate in it, I just have an appreciation for the gear (I'm a total shoe whore, mm pony boots~), but I did do a lot of research on it with an ex. Its mostly equestrian tack-based gear, and the activities definitely revolve around horse riding and showing technique. Pony play does involve elements of humiliation, there are in fact specially made carts the ponies can pull, and show-walking and even being ridden on all fours with a saddle are typical. It can be all of the things you describe, but from what I've seen it can be a general term just combining horse tack and equine-like acting.

My ex and I looked into it because of my love of horses and all similar things, but for me, BDSM and my ponies don't mix. Except for the boots. What I wouldn't do for a pair of those...
girlcow
i just thought sub means you like someone that knows what there doing to tell you what to do.
that I suppose is more power play sub. Sub is a sort of general term

Dapper Conversationalist

Question for you guys.... If you are interested in both men and women, do you take on different power roles with different genders? Would you like to?

Devoted Pirate

whateverfloats
Question for you guys.... If you are interested in both men and women, do you take on different power roles with different genders? Would you like to?
I used to, but not so much anymore now that I am exploring my bisexuality and switchiness at the same time. I used to bottom to men and Top to women, but with me exploring my sexuality, and kinkness and running across folk who aren't id'ed in the gender binary, things have gotten well odd. But I am okay with that.

Dangerous Lover

whateverfloats
I do not have a different role with either. I am a Dominant, a Top, and that is it. With either gender, with any person I am in a relationship with. That's who I am inside, I do not switch or change roles.

No, I would not like to. I enjoy being just what I am, it's quite fun, actually. I find it calming, too, to have that sense of control over another person, if they allow it.

Magic Fairy

User Image

They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops. And that's true.

I finally got a copy of "Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns".
It's very interesting.

And I think pony play could be interesting. I don't think I could ever get into it though.

@Whateverfloats: I guess you could say I'm interested in both. I've only been with a man aside from experimenting in my younger years that didn't include much. But I definitely find girls attractive and me and my husband have talked a little about a threesome with another girl. Either way, I'd still continue to be a sub though.

Random question! What do you guys think of straight-jackets?

What they don't tell you, is that once time starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.

Demonic Enchantress

27,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mysteries:

I personally don't like them, because they cover the breasts and that's something that I [or my Dom] would like to have access to.

A question for the subs of the thread though. What's Subspace like for you? I've been reading up on BDSM lifestyle, mostly out of curiosity because I can't really play by myself and my partner's sadly not interested, and I was just wondering what that particular mindset feels like. Does it vary from sub to sub, or is it relatively similar all around?
Please quote me when you answer. I have internet ADD and Oh look, a bunny! -flees-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff