Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay. Here goes: I'm 13. And my periods have been okay for the first three months it started, but just last month I waited for the whole month and I haven't had a period, until the last day of the month. And now this month, I waited until the end of the month again, and got a light period for two days, and then it stopped. Nothing... burning_eyes
And NO, i'm not pregnant!
Is this normal?

And here's the real problem. About a week later my periods stopped, the opening of my v****a started itching really badly. My clitorius also hurts a bit. I wouldn't say the opening of my v****a was very red or anything, because everything looked normal. Is it possible that it's swollen a bit?
I used a new brand of pads, which has this thing making it supposed to 'smell good'. Is it possible that the pads irritate my skin a bit?

Please help!
And I don't know whether I should wait for longer and see if it goes away, or tell my mom.
Helppp! wahmbulance

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
as you get older they will even out...
yea it's fairly normal at your age.

as for the infection: you should see a doctor about it.
It's perfectly normal for your period to be MIA at first. Your body is still getting used to the hormones, so your cycle is going to be extremely irregular until everything gets used to it.

Your other problem sounds to me like you might have an infection, which may or not be because of the new pads you're using. I would tell your mom that they're causing a problem and ask her to buy a pack of the ones you were using before. If it doesn't clear up after about a week or it gets worse, I would make an appointment to see your doctor to make sure it's not something serious.

7,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Its completely normal for periods to be like that. Sometimes mine would actually skip a whole month then start up in the middle of the next month. One lasted for two weeks once. >>

I think the pads might be the problem. I'd say stop using them and buy the old brand you had. If it doesn't clear up, go see a doctor.
Yes that normal, I was like that for the first year and it's still ******** up now.

Do you use tampons?
If you do thats probably what's causeing the ichieness coming from.
It's TSS [toxic shock] starting, all you need to do is wear a towel once a day during you piriod.
It seems normal, but if you are still worried got the doctor.

Phantom

its completely normal to have strange periods at your age. they'll become more normal as you get older.

as for the other problem, yes those pads could be irritating it. its sounds like you might just have a yeast infection. you should tell your mom and go to the doctor.
Your period irregularity is completely normal. Give it about a year and you will have everything evened out. But for the soreness, if you think it is the brand of pad you are using, try a new brand. I personally use Always and it is a really good brand.
hope things get better for you biggrin
yea everyone else you has posted in here is right it will all even out eventually and about the other problem uhm tell yr mom and ask her to get hte pads if it doesnt stop in a week or so see a docter
When your first start out with your monthly, they are usually not normal but they do even out, as for the itch you might be allergic to the sent ones, I would try using a normal ones with out scent and see what that does but if nothing happens and it stays the same, then I suggest a doctor. Hope that helps
Your body is going to change throughout your lifetime unfortunatly, I know I personally don't have the "experiance" as some of the ladies in this thread do but I know that irregularity is a completley normal thing with women and their periods. As for the itching, well, I can only assuming that's normal or not...can't really say cause I honestly wouldn't know.
its normal for periods to be all over the place. Its just your body getting used to the new change, and maybe it hasnt figured out a cycle yet to suit ur body. It should even out, but if it doesnt see a doctor maybe he will put you on birth control.
as for the infection, erm i dont really know but maybe your having a allergic reaction to the new pads sweatdrop sorry i dont really know, but id see a doctor about that or even tell your mum.
Sometimes, those types of pads that are scented can irritate that area. Buy some regular unscented ones. 3nodding

As for the irregularity, it's probably just because of your age. I'm 19, and mine still is not completely regular, course, mine is probably mostly stress...I hope yours isn't too much stress!

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
Periods tend to be irregular at first and generally follow a steady schedule later

It sounds like you should switch pads.

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Periods won't be normal for the first two years, they can be normal then change..

As for the itch and swollen part, the perfume to make you "smell good" is probably irritating you down there.
Uhm personal. But do you shave down there? (Some people do at your age)
If yes, the shaving could be irritated by the perfume in the pads or the hairs cause irritation - assuming you're growning pubes down there.

Best to change your pads, maybe of an evening get a damp cloth and lay with it on your sore area. If the change of pads don't help. Go to the doctor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff