Welcome to Gaia! ::

This may sound a little odd but I felt extremely confident when I cut my hair short for the first time last summer. It was wonderful. I realize that it's silly but I looked (still look) bloody good with short hair and it made me look how I feel: tomboyish, silly (in the good way) and free.

Confidence for me is a strange size. I can put it on, so to speak, when I really want to. :] Especially when outdoors. It's a bit harder it small claustrophobic rooms, but it can be done.
When I first listened to, now my fav band, the clash.
When others say great things about me...Like what a great artist I am...but I disagree, most of the time....but every time people say good things about my talents, I feel confident.

Aged Conventioneer

11,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Conventioneer 300
I was afraid I wasn't going to pass my Drivers Test the First Time, Like my Learner's test. But then I Barely Passed in on the First time and I was so Relieved now I'm more confident with My Driveing
When I went a whole month without some fool dissen' mah shoes.

Phantom

Heh, it's interesting to read through all these replies. A lot of people have found confidence in music performance or the arts in general, or like me, in sports. And others have found it in different places... it's amazing where confidence can shine out like that sometimes!

@ Trixa Pyswell, looks are important (even though people might tell you otherwise, I firmly believe that looks are just as important as personality, it's a human thing). So, don't think it's silly to find a boost of confidence in a beautiful change of appearance - you deserve it! Enjoy it for all you can!

Angelic Phantom

I had a really interesting moment of confidence recently. Actually, it was more like I was at peace with myself and I felt love for everyone around me. It had nothing to do with where I was and where I was going, it was kind of random, but it felt so good. And I felt brave enough to compliment some people I normally wouldn't speak to.
When I totally kicked butt on my English exam last year.
I was nervous at first, but the exam was the exact same as the study guide.
I got a 100% on it.
That day, I felt like I could do anything. =D
I feel confident when I surround myself with confident people. It's contagious =)

Dainty Doll

Yeah, the first time my band played a gig outside our home city.

We played in a bar in the middle of Manchester City centre, it was a bigger crowd than we were used to, and we weren't headlining; so most of the people there hadn't even heard of us, they just wanted us to get it over with, so the main act could get on- I was shitting my little self!

Anyway, it wasn't going too great; I wasn't singing well, we had no real chemistry going on, and I was just sort of standing there, being scared, and this one guy in particular was talking and shouting really loudly and obnoxiously to his friends- showing off, and trying to get attention (you know the type).

Then, part way through a particularly quiet bit of a song he shouted:
"I'd j**z on her tits!"
neutral

I don't put up with that s**t, so I told him off:
"Darling, shut the ******** up before I come down there and force-feed you fistfulls of your own hair."

I can be pretty scary for a little girl when I want to be, and this just seemed to shock him into silence, which got a huge laugh and a few cheers from the crowd.

Then the rest of the gig went great: the crowd were interested, and they were mine.

It's amazing what a little extra confidence can do for your performance.
Well, until today I didnt feel anywhere near as confident as I do now about cutting my own hair.
MOST OF THE TIME IM NEVER DOWN. IM ALWAYS HAPPY IDK WHY I JUST AM.
BUT IM ALWAYS SCARED OF THIS 1 THING.
LOSING A FRIEND OR A LOVED ONE.
moments that people saying im handsome...hehehe
When I was performing at a school talent show when I was about 16.
I was the laughing stock of the school usually, I was teased and bullied by a lot of people there.
Everytime it came to the end of year concerts, people would keep telling me not to perform, it wasn't worth it.
I did it every year without fail, despite that and I think I did pretty well.
The only time I was happy in school was when I was performing in front of a crowd.
Then when I was 16, I performed at my last ever concert and everyone just seemed to be looking at me with such respect.
They were all smiling, clapping along and genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves.
That gave me such a confidence boost.
That's very admirable.
=)

I've had to go through situations where I was on my own.
I have often backed out and ran away.
But I try to keep going now.
I tell myself that I'll feel better knowing that I was brave.
Running doesn't help, it just makes me feel worse in the end.

<33

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces