Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

Eh, I've read too many depressing topics lately... so I started thinking about times that I've felt really good, and I stumbled upon a recent memory of a moment when I felt really confident. What a great feeling it is!

I was nervous before my race, but I reminded myself that I was ready, that I could do it, and do it well. Most of the nervousness dissipated as I focused on my strategy for the race: get into it, build it, sprint! Walking towards the start, I lifted my head, pushed back my shoulders and said to myself, "If I'm going to be confident, I better act it". I smiled. Excitement and happiness were there for the sport that I love. I got up, raced, finished, placed well, and made a personal best time all the while my teammates cheered me on!

And now, I know how to dispel my fears in any situation. I can call on that confidence again, because it came from me. That was the best competition of my life!

So, any moments of confidence you'd like to share? When have you felt like you could do anything and then succeeded in your endeavors? When have you felt good about yourself and in complete integrity with yourself?
It was the first time I'd ever called a card for a drill comptetition. I had just reported in to the judge, he offered me a copy of the card and asked if I needed to use it. I told him, no sir, went on and we got a first for that event. Just knowing that I knew my card, and that the other teams needed to read it again gave me the confidence to do it. I felt on top of the world that day
Erm... in a maths lesson once when we had to prove a formula for working out Pythagorean triples. It wasn't really that difficult, but it was fiddly and when my teacher asked who'd got the answer I was the only one who had. So he asked me to prove it on the board in front of everyone.

According to my friend, who sits right at the back of the class, she could see my hand shaking when I wrote down the start of it. And after about three lines, I was sure I'd gone wrong.

But my teacher told me to keep going, because I was completely right.

The next five minutes when I explained what I'd done to the rest of the class and how I'd got the answer were probably the most confident of my life.

Wow, that is MUCH more cheerful...
Today, because I accidently pegged my a*****e band teacher in the chest with a baton.

It felt great.
Today in German when we were playing a game to review for the vocab test today, and I knew the words really well so I won my team ten extra credit points. Yeah, that's about it for me right now. xd
when my boobs FINNALLY got where they look like boobs!and when i got soo skinny (but not anerrexic)now i look really hott!maybe a little too confident..
Joey of Suburbia
Today, because I accidently pegged my a*****e band teacher in the chest with a baton.

It felt great.
Lol.

Hmm...most days with great weather, I feel confident. It's pretty cool actually. (: Spring or summer weather makes me feel amazing. ~Saralyn_!*<3
It was when I went to my first actual party, I guess you could
call it, and basically, I just decided to not let anyone get me
down and thats when I met my boyfriend. Best days...
My hs graduation. I was Salutatorian, so i had to give a speech, and while I was nervous, it was cool to be up on stage the entire time and watch my classmates tear up at my speech.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
The first time I wore my Orihime(from Bleach) cosplay. Something about wearing it just makes me feel really upbeat and happy, and I love bouncing around and being fun in it.
I think just being in a speech class in college helped me become more confident, especially, of course, with speaking in front of quite a few people. I remember after taking that course, I actually volunteered to present a report in another class for extra credit, when previously, I wouldn't dream of doing that.
When I was in a really dificult competition, and I had to play Bach on my cello. I was soooooo into my song I din't even realize I was done playing all ready. I heard clapping and then I had an Encore!!!!!!! I was sooo happy. So now everytime I play in a competiton I go with confidence. rofl biggrin

Angelic Phantom

When I performed Habanera from Carmen on stage for my grade 11 recital (major part of our marks). I was the sixth performer (out of 40ish) and I just had fun with it. The audience responded well to me and afterwards the nervous tension in the room had dropped - I think I helped everyone who followed me feel better about going up to do their performances!
I was in a pit band for the school musical in January. I was the only clarinet player, and if anyone knows anything about musical theatre, they would know that the melody is found mostly in the clarinet part. There were many songs where it was just me, the bass guitar, percussion and the actor singing on stage. I was completely exposed.

I was really scared at the beginning of the first show, but by the third or fourth song I was really confident in my abilities and my sound, and I had a lot of fun! We did five shows and I was on top of the world by the end of the last one xD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff