Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Romantic

So, LD, how much do you appreciate the freedom we have today?

Do you think another world war is likely?

How will it happen?

Where do you think the world would be today if we never had war?

Do you think we can ever attain true global peace?

How was your weekend?
what's the definition of a world war
Three years ago, the M1911A1, one of the best handguns every created, even to this day, was invented.

Long live John Colt
Way to just steal a daily controversial thread name from Reddit.

Invisible Humorist

Posties The Artificer

i like that place
i just avoid the politics section
GhostlyMark
Posties The Artificer

i like that place
i just avoid the politics section
I just go for the front page. confused

Lavish Romantic

Posties The Artificer
Is it really the same thread name? I actually haven't looked at Reddit but that is hilarious if the thread names are the same.
idk what WWI has to do with our freedom.... but

wow 100 years

do we send Europe a cake or something?

how about a fruit basket.... would that be to impersonal?
Aunchie_Sana

How will it happen?

How was your weekend?

1. It's pretty sweet, Legally I can't own a gun, and legally I can't defend myself if I did get a gun, however because that shits not regulated an individual can have the freedom to walk through my sliding door (or shoot that s**t open) and then promptly shoot me. ( I checked police response time where I live, It's like 49 minutes, I'm as good as dead)

2.yeah, I feel like it might be between Russia and the US, but things are always tense between them.

3.I think some form of violence toward another country that won't tolerate it, Russia, China, America, Ukraine.
And although it's still pretty bad with protests in the Ukraine, if a mass shooting where to occur and thousands of Ukrainians where killed by an unidentified group, I think the Ukraine military would likely target Russia, and ******** states will back up ukrain, and china will back up Russia, and somehow the French get involved.

4. I honestly think there'd be a lot less racism, way less homeless and an all around more positive air, maybe we'd already be making incredible strides towards deep space exploration or some s**t.

5.yes, It won't be easy and a lot of everyone won't agree with..well everyone, again, it'll become painfully obvious we can't inhabit this planet anymore and we'll all fix are focus to the stars and not each other's oil.

6.my weekend was pretty good, AC is broken in house but can't complain, it's nice and cold at night.

Lavish Romantic

Azor Ahai
idk what WWI has to do with our freedom
I'm comparing being at war to being able to choose your profession free of the fear of being sent off to murder or die for some president at some battlefront.

And, yeah, the 100 years thing does really boggle the mind some.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
We're not super free, though; we've been giving up more of it as time passes. I appreciate what we have, but I don't think it's enough.
Inevitable, on a long enough time span.
How will it happen?
People will get mad and then other people will also get mad and then some of them will start killing dudes, so others will kill them back and then all their homies will take sides and kill more dudes, then everyone will be sad and dead and a hundred years later they'll write commemorative internet threads about it.
Ruled by a completely alien race.
No. People aren't like that.
How was your weekend?
It was far more interesting than my week. I saw a play and hung out with my brother.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Peace is a lie, there is only Passion.
through Passion, I gain Strength.
through Strength, I gain Power.
through Power, I gain Victory.
through Victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me Free.

I don't believe global peace is ever truly possible, leastways not in a permanent sense. whether we humans live or die, there will be conflict, wars, battles, violence, struggle.... it's just a fact of life.

but you know what? that's ok. because it's part of what makes life so beautiful and worthe living.

now, I'm against intervention. I don't like to start s**t. I'd rather have friends than enemies. but I also am not afraid to defend what I love. I'm a Fighter because I'm a Lover. my Love gives me Strength to fight for another.

that doesn't mean that I'm going to choose war over diplomay. ******** that! sending men to kill and die when there could be another solution that doesn't involve throwing lives away? I'd rather take the non-violent approach.

that said, I think Bismark was justified in invading france. does that make me a hypocrite? most likely. but I really think that brittain was jerking germany around at the time. ******** World Bank. the brittish empire is like the ******** Hutt Cartel!
Aunchie_Sana
Posties The Artificer
Is it really the same thread name? I actually haven't looked at Reddit but that is hilarious if the thread names are the same.
Yep, identical. surprised

Anxious Prophet

Nothing really.

For some reason America doesn't go through the rituals for WW1 remembrance Europe does. Canada does as well. I suppose we just weren't as involved and we're too consumed with its sequel and the wars that followed.

Dapper Ladykiller

There's a great graphic novel called "Treaties, Trenches, Mud, And Blood", where a famous spy of 1776, Nathan Hale acted as the fictitious narrator to tell the very detailed story of WWI through cool-looking anthro characters representing different nations. Great art and well-researched, too! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff