Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love these "IF he loves you then he will forgive you".

Bullshit. If you loved each other to begin with, you wouldn't have cheated on him. Drinking is not an excuse. If I was our BF, you'd be gone. What's "Love" if you can no longer trust them?

However, if you didn't go further than having sex, it might lessen it a SMALL bit. However, you have to tell him. And don't be surprised if he leaves you.
He's be hurt more if he found out from someone other than you, and the guilt is just going to keep eating at you. Sit him down, tell him what happened.
Okutai

Bullshit. If you loved each other to begin with, you wouldn't have cheated on him. Drinking is not an excuse. If I was our BF, you'd be gone. What's "Love" if you can no longer trust them?

However, if you didn't go further than having sex, it might lessen it a SMALL bit. However, you have to tell him. And don't be surprised if he leaves you.

This is basically what I was going to say. I would never, ever willingly cheat on my partner, nor do I find other people anywhere near as attractive. Even getting drunk with other people isn't a good idea, especially if you're prone to being affectionate or flirty when intoxicated. If you're finding yourself attracted to other people and willing to engage in physical contact, perhaps your relationship isn't as strong as you claim. Trust is such an essential component, and you've just wrecked yours. You need to tell him what you did, but even if he remains with you, things aren't going to be the same. They might go back to normal in a few months, or you may have done irreparable damage. It depends on his inner feelings.

Still, on the up side, at least you didn't have sex with someone else. That's really a deal breaker.
Love and lust are separate entities. What you gave in to was lust and playfulness.

Alcohol could make one forget the price of living in the moment, and you're young: you're probably new to the realm of commitment and that sort of activity being reserved for your monogamous partner... it was weak, and wrong, but that doesn't mean that you actually DECIDED to betray your boy or decided to do anything at all.

It would be best for you to tell him and for him to forgive you so that you two can keep what you have which is so valuable.

The only problem is... how can he -how can YOU- know that this isn't going to happen again? How can you be with your boy under the terms you've agreed upon without knowing whether or not you can do this? If you haven't worked out what you've needed to in order to have your priorities straight, like all teenaged girls need to go through to find out what they want in a boyfriend... what they need... then what business do you have agreeing to a monogamous relationship or having any claim to being a soulmate or having a soulmate?

You need to be brutally honest with yourself about what you need, what you value, what you have... and you need to be honest about why you are going out to clubs and bars with guys and how you couldn't stop doing what you did. Is something not being satisfied in you? Have you finished experimenting with relationships and deciding what you want in a partner?

If only open relationships or relationships without monogamy are what's best for you, or the only relationships you can handle, then you can't have this boy, and if you can't tell your boy what has happened then your relationship with him is destined for failure.
tell him if you know what is good
You should tell him.
But if it's really unlikely that he'll find out (which it doesn't sound like because 2 people other than the 2 of you know about it) and you can get rid of the guilty feelings, don't.

4 months isn't very long in the grand scheme of things and in all honesty, you're likely to lose him.

On the other hand, it's early days, he may still be as infactuated with you as most new couples are with each other. In which case he'll be heartbroken but he'll forgive you.

You didn't sleep with this guy, you drunkenly made out with him.

A tip.
When you do tell him do not use drinking as an excuse. Mention that you were drunk and not feeling yourself but say no more, it'll aggrivate your boyfriend even more.

If he forgives you beware that he's not going to trust you for a long while, or be able to properly let it go for a while and may even bring it up in the future and make you feel like crap all over again.
thats ******** up
You have to tell him.
HAVE TO.
Cheating is bad, but lying about it (even by omission) is worse.

If he breaks up with you it's no more than you deserve. neutral

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
If you've never had a fight or any major problems, I would not call that "finding your soulmate". I would call that the early stages of a relationship. If you can't tell him and actually plan on keeping it from him, I would say your relationship has major communication and trust issues.

I'd think hard about why you did what you did. It sounds like you're not being completely honest with yourself, and you can't be completely honest with him or do right by your relationship until you start being honest with yourself. There was something that prompted you to cheat, so figure out what it was and then tell him the whole thing.
Ooh, that's tough. =/
I understand where you're coming from, but I also see how your boyfriend could take it the wrong way. I think it's best to tell him before someone else does. I can't garuntee you that he won't leave, but if it is true love, chances are he'll understand. We all make mistakes and do things we regret, especially while we're drunk. But if you honestly have no emotional attachment to this other guy, and you didn't go farther than kissing, that lessens the blow.
There is one simple lesson to learn from this though: drinking in the company of 2 boys you don't know very well is probably a bad idea.
Okutai

i agree with wut he said
RAWR FIX it pl0c
Hi Alex! erm yeah it's Ali, my brothers and i all use gaia...
it's up to you if you tell him or not, on one hand if you don't you're gonna be fretting and going mental with guilt and he will notice something is up.
if you tell him you might place a little bit of untrust (if that's a word but you know what i mean) in the back of his mind
if you two really are that strong then this shouldn't mean that you break up

yeah that wierd headache you woke up with, they call them hangovers.
and have you blocked me on gaia?

don't worry i'm not saying anything to anyone i'm probably the best EX-boyfriend ever not a b*****d
Ah... bad... Really, u were under the influence, u weren't urself, and any guy that it is possible to be with for the rest of your life should be able to work through sucha problem with you. Love doesn't mean you never have problems. He should be able to see that the act of you cheating on him was not an act of love and that by telling him you still love him. You need to tell him, beg his forgiveness. Make sure he knows you still love him, then sit back and give him a little time to decide what's going on. Being a guy myself, I think this is solid advice.
The best thing you could do is tell him. The sooner the better . However you shouldn't be surprised he doesn't forgive you or he does but leaves you. If he forgives you then I think that he'll have a hard time trusting you again if your still together with him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff