Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi.. I currently eat lots of junk food for dinner every day
if i switched to salad or just fruit or vegetables would i lose weight?
what if i even became a vegetarian?

i'm gettng fatter sad i hate my belly and legs
Eat a balanced diet. I cannot stress this enough. Also, try lifting weights. It helps your metabolism a lot and makes you look more trim.
[ .Raddeka. ]

control what you eat and how much, you should not be eating over 1500 calories a day, which is about how much your body would need to work properly, the less cals you eat the more you will lose weight, because your body would use the fat it has already in your body as energy instead of the food you are taking in. and yes its a good idea to eat fruit and veggies, but vegetarianism is hard, i was a vegetarian for about 4 months till i started to become extremly sick, because i need meat to survive.
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

control what you eat and how much, you should not be eating over 1500 calories a day, which is about how much your body would need to work properly, the less cals you eat the more you will lose weight, because your body would use the fat it has already in your body as energy instead of the food you are taking in. and yes its a good idea to eat fruit and veggies, but vegetarianism is hard, i was a vegetarian for about 4 months till i started to become extremly sick, because i need meat to survive.

Waitwaitwaitwait. 1500 calories? You're kidding me. That's the size of my ******** breakfast. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into this little something called "starvation mode" where you actually gain weight.
Don't become a vegetarian. You need your proteines. I'm not very good on giving diet tips but you can always look around for books on diets. I tried Weight Watchers, it worked on me =o
Miku Chan
Don't become a vegetarian. You need your proteines. I'm not very good on giving diet tips but you can always look around for books on diets. I tried Weight Watchers, it worked on me =o

Tisk tisk. Haven't you ever heard of tofu and soy products? There's tons of protein in that.
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

Waitwaitwaitwait. 1500 calories? You're kidding me. That's the size of my ******** breakfast. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into this little something called "starvation mode" where you actually gain weight.
for men its about 2000 - 2300, your body usually doesnt need that much to actully fuel itself... it stores energy from certain foods that you take in.
A balanced diet doesn't guarantee that you'll lose weight. A balanced diet and regular exercises do. You don't have to be a vegetarian in order to lose weight. It is however your choice.

All I have to say is:
Watch what you feed yourself.

Other than that, good luck.
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

Yeah, when you don't eat for a while (starve) you're body will turn the next thing you eat into fat
Sazuka_Yasumi
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

for men its about 2000 - 2300, your body usually doesnt need that much to actully fuel itself... it stores energy from certain foods that you take in.

If you're not very active, it's enough, assuming you get all of the vitamins and nutrition you need.

I need 3500 calories a day, or I drop weight extremely fast.
Miku Chan
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

Yeah, when you don't eat for a while (starve) you're body will turn the next thing you eat into fat

yeah thats a survival tactic your body does, basiclly, they say its a good idea to eat 5 small meals a day then 3 big meals, because that way your getting the energy you need, same amount, but more during the day, so you will not go into that starvation mode during the day, but still get that minimal amount of calories that you should be having during the day.
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

If you're not very active, it's enough, assuming you get all of the vitamins and nutrition you need.

i play rugby, paintball, ddr, school etc.. and i eat just about that much if not less, and i sustain my weight i dont loose nor do i gain, and im not a "thin" person either.
Sazuka_Yasumi
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
Mingan29
Sazuka_Yasumi
[ .Raddeka. ]

i play rugby, paintball, ddr, school etc.. and i eat just about that much if not less, and i sustain my weight i dont loose nor do i gain, and im not a "thin" person either.

DDR, surfing, snowboarding, weightlifing, running, biking, swimming, and dancing are just a few of my activites. I've got an insane metabolism...and I'm working out constantly. I weigh 140 with 10% bodyfat. Thin? No, athletic.
i have the worst metabolism ever, but yeah, snowboarding, wakeboarding are in my agenda as well, along with rock climbing indoors etc, rollerblading, love it, stuff like that.. but yeah, i really need to work to just keep my weight, even at about 1500 calories.. its pretty harsh at times, but, its my body, and i should love it because it lets me do those awesome thigns.
Sazuka_Yasumi
i have the worst metabolism ever, but yeah, snowboarding, wakeboarding are in my agenda as well, along with rock climbing indoors etc, rollerblading, love it, stuff like that.. but yeah, i really need to work to just keep my weight, even at about 1500 calories.. its pretty harsh at times, but, its my body, and i should love it because it lets me do those awesome thigns.

That's cool. Have fun in that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces