Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I don't usually speak up about my problems but.. you see.. I seem to always meet people that strongly dislike me. And I'm almost positive I never do anything wrong, or anything that'd bother them. Yet.. in relationships I'm always cheated on, used and abused.. when it comes to friends.. well.. I don't really have any.. mainly because every friend I make seems to learn the rumors that started in school and they believe them.. I've tried all that I know to not let this get to me.. but I just don't know anymore.. I'm starting to feel like my life is completely useless..

Tipsy Kitten

Why are you under the impression that everyone "hates" you?
What are they doing to make you think that?

Now if people constantly have a bad first impression of you from the beginning then it's more likely there IS something you are doing that is putting people off. Try to analyze your interactions with people and see how they are reacting and their body language is changing as you interact. Once you find out what you're doing it's all a matter of slowly changing your habits.

As for always being cheated on, etc that may just be a matter of not choosing the right people. If you always ended up being used, abused and cheated on you are likely always going after a certain type of partner. The trick again is to figure out what your patterns are and break them.

Timid Genius

Hard to tell what's wrong unless you reveal more information I suppose. Whatever you're comfortable with revealing.

Perhaps you're oblivious about little things that may annoy others enough to hate you.
It could be a personal enemy of yours who affect things behind the scenes to ruin your reputation.
Maybe you act too much of something that people get annoyed.

Could be that you stick out from the rest in a way that makes people label you as different and hate you just because of that.

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Noodlepuss
Why are you under the impression that everyone "hates" you?
What are they doing to make you think that?

Now if people constantly have a bad first impression of you from the beginning then it's more likely there IS something you are doing that is putting people off. Try to analyze your interactions with people and see how they are reacting and their body language is changing as you interact. Once you find out what you're doing it's all a matter of slowly changing your habits.

As for always being cheated on, etc that may just be a matter of not choosing the right people. If you always ended up being used, abused and cheated on you are likely always going after a certain type of partner. The trick again is to figure out what your patterns are and break them.

They usually tell me.. emo
And nothing that I know of :c

And it's not that I do things people dislike.. maybe it's cause I do nothing at all? I mean.. I talk to people like they are close friends yet I always get the same reactions.. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

And yeah, hopefully I can figure out the patterns soon enough ^^''

Tipsy Kitten

Creepy Duck

And it's not that I do things people dislike.. maybe it's cause I do nothing at all? I mean.. I talk to people like they are close friends yet I always get the same reactions.. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Well I'm sorry to say, but it's pretty unlikely that every person you meet dislikes you because you "do nothing at all"
If everyone you encounter is forming a negative opinion of you there must be something.

Like I said just pay more attention to your habits while interacting with people and you will likely find out what is off putting.

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Linniya
Hard to tell what's wrong unless you reveal more information I suppose. Whatever you're comfortable with revealing.

Perhaps you're oblivious about little things that may annoy others enough to hate you.
It could be a personal enemy of yours who affect things behind the scenes to ruin your reputation.
Maybe you act too much of something that people get annoyed.

Could be that you stick out from the rest in a way that makes people label you as different and hate you just because of that.

I suppose any of those are possible.. and information I can really give is that I'm a normal person, I don't over react much, I always try to be helpful and nice.. but it just seems to always back fire on me.. maybe I should stop trying to help people..? (I don't over do it either I ask if they want help and if they say no then I make sure they are positive then I try to change the subject..)
And almost everyone I know in person do try to ruin my reputation for some reason, even when I've never done anything wrong.

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Noodlepuss
Creepy Duck

Well I'm sorry to say, but it's pretty unlikely that every person you meet dislikes you because you "do nothing at all"
If everyone you encounter is forming a negative opinion of you there must be something.

Like I said just pay more attention to your habits while interacting with people and you will likely find out what is off putting.

Yeah, I know, thank you for the advice.
I'm gonna try my best to figure this out. ^^

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
The fact that this happens to you and not very many other people is a sign of two possible things:

1) you're doing something (or not doing something) to cause it
2) you're surrounded by dumbasses

1 is a lot more likely to be the case, but 2 is possible as well

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Monster Pup
The fact that this happens to you and not very many other people is a sign of two possible things:

1) you're doing something (or not doing something) to cause it
2) you're surrounded by dumbasses

1 is a lot more likely to be the case, but 2 is possible as well
That is true, but I'm not sure yet what I could be doing @-@''

Savage Entrepreneur

12,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
honestly, this can only be done by actually asking a few people you know

The way you come across online may be completely different that the way you come across IRL.

So, i just recommend that you ask a friend what it could be, since it obviously bothers you a ton.

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Theallmightypoe
honestly, this can only be done by actually asking a few people you know

The way you come across online may be completely different that the way you come across IRL.

So, i just recommend that you ask a friend what it could be, since it obviously bothers you a ton.
I'll try that, thanks.

Dapper Millionaire

While you may not be okay with this advice, I'm going to give it anyway.

You can always go ask the people that blatantly said "I hate you" and ask what you did that made them hate you. Tell them that whatever you did to make them hate you wasn't done on purpose and you're trying to better yourself, and apologize if you happened to insult or offend them on accident. Maybe then they can shine some light on the issue.

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Not everyone is going to like you... It's a cold fact of life that some people are socially excluded for a variety of reasons, like looks, ability, intelligence etc. etc. You just have to meet up with the people that do tolerate you...

There's something both sad and great about people... We're not all unique... A lot of us are really similar to others... Some are more unique, some are complete freaks. But even if you are a freak, there will always be other freaks out there. You are not unique or special. But that's good, because it means that you're not alone. biggrin

Lonely Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Noodlepuss

Solved it.. I have Aspergers Syndrome.. completely forgot I was diagnosed with it awhile back (a few months ago) and it explains everything.. v.v''
i think you just need to step back and rethink things.

1. you should probably reconsider the people you choose to date and befriend. if what you're saying is true, then they're prolly not people you want to associate with.

2. talk to someone you know well enough who'll give you some insight as to what you might be doing to upset people. im not suggesting that you are, but it's quite possible.

3. ask yourself why you think people dislike you. reason with yourself. if you can't find any solid, unbiased answers, you might just be jumping the gun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff