Welcome to Gaia! ::

scream

So, basically I'm 25 years old. I've only held one job in my life and that was a summer job where I sold Cutco knives. I've been to college twice and had to drop out twice because my parents lied to me twice about paying my tuition. Now I'm about $40,000+ in debt, and I only have one more year to defer my student loans. I want to go back to school, but I have no money to do so. I've applied for jobs non-stop for that last two years and I've been completely unable to find anything, or anyone who wants to hire me. I'm at the end of my rope. And to top it off my mom treats me like I'm a failure, when 75% of my situation is her fault.

What the ******** can I do?!

UPDATE:
So I've decided to start WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms). This is volunteer work but I think I can gain job experience and references through this. Afterwards, I'm probably going to go back to college because my deferment and forbearance options are just so limited right now.
The Color of Death Spiral
maybe the people you're applying to for jobs pick up on the fact that you're a whiny person with a misplaced sense of entitlement and a lack of personal responsibility? sad

I doubt it. Also, reported for trolling.
ManicShadow
maybe the people you're applying to for jobs pick up on the fact that you're a whiny person with a misplaced sense of entitlement and a lack of personal responsibility? sad

I doubt it.

don't worry i'm sure you've plenty other repulsive qualities that might be at fault

No, I think the problem is that you're making a bunch of incorrect assumptions based on the fact that I wasn't too clear on my description of my situation. Or you're just a troll.

Shy Kitten

11,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There are loads of people finding it hard to find employment, employers are just being ultra picky with who they pick. Just keep your head high and eventually someone will employ you, good luck with your situation.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ManicShadow

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You might want to delete that reported part, because you can be reported I think for spamming or something. I don't know, I just know you;'re not suppose to tell someone you are reporting them.

But anyways! You can go to a community college and have your fasa pay for it. Where I go the fasa has certain certificate programs they pay for and with a certificate you can get a nice paying job.

As for looking for a job now, have you tried snag-a-job.com? That is where employers advertise new job positions. Maybe one of the reason you aren't getting hired or interviews is because you might not have enough experience. Jobs are easier to get if you know someone working for a company because they can put in a word for you and that alone gives you advantage over people who simply have more experience because you have a connection in the workplace.

Shy Explorer

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i've had a really hard time finding a job this year also, i'm 24 ,and i just keep geting these responces that there have been to many people applying and that there not taking any more CVs
i'm in the uk right now.. it's really been depressing because i just want to work, and i need full time work to pay bills, but all there is right now is part time,and there not even local jobs.. if i took a part time job i'd be paying them to work becaus ei have to for travel on top of that.. the government is so screwed up. your not alone whee heart heart
ManicShadow
ManicShadow

I doubt it.

don't worry i'm sure you've plenty other repulsive qualities that might be at fault

No, I think the problem is that you're making a bunch of incorrect assumptions based on the fact that I wasn't too clear on my description of my situation. Or you're just a troll.

why wouldn't you be clear in your description of your circumstances?

Well, I didn't want to bring up certain issues my parents have because it's no one's business. All you need to know is that they lied to me (and stole money from me) and now I'm in this predicament. Contribute something useful or go troll someone else.
little aishi chan
ManicShadow

User Image

You might want to delete that reported part, because you can be reported I think for spamming or something. I don't know, I just know you;'re not suppose to tell someone you are reporting them.

But anyways! You can go to a community college and have your fasa pay for it. Where I go the fasa has certain certificate programs they pay for and with a certificate you can get a nice paying job.

As for looking for a job now, have you tried snag-a-job.com? That is where employers advertise new job positions. Maybe one of the reason you aren't getting hired or interviews is because you might not have enough experience. Jobs are easier to get if you know someone working for a company because they can put in a word for you and that alone gives you advantage over people who simply have more experience because you have a connection in the workplace.

I've told people I'm reporting them many times, never had a problem.

I may someday go back to school and finish my degree, but I would rather have a job first so I can get an apartment and move away from home, and lighten the student loan burden I'll have to take on. But thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give Snagajob.com a try!
AutumnViolet
i've had a really hard time finding a job this year also, i'm 24 ,and i just keep geting these responces that there have been to many people applying and that there not taking any more CVs
i'm in the uk right now.. it's really been depressing because i just want to work, and i need full time work to pay bills, but all there is right now is part time,and there not even local jobs.. if i took a part time job i'd be paying them to work becaus ei have to for travel on top of that.. the government is so screwed up. your not alone whee heart heart

Same, the only jobs I've been able to find around here are at least 20 miles away and are only part-time. But I'm at the point where I'm desperate and will take anything, but I guess everyone else is feeling the same way. stressed

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
ManicShadow
little aishi chan
ManicShadow

User Image

I've told people I'm reporting them many times, never had a problem.

I may someday go back to school and finish my degree, but I would rather have a job first so I can get an apartment and move away from home, and lighten the student loan burden I'll have to take on. But thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give Snagajob.com a try!

User Image

That could be because you weren't reported for saying it or the reports probably haven't been dealt with. But in any case I have been told a million times by my parents that if you don't have the piece of paper (the college degree) then you'll be making seven to eight bucks and that is hardly enough to even last two weeks. I didn't see anything in your post about you having a degree so I just thought I share that. Also try indeed.com there is another site that post job listings. I like snag a job better though, they also have articles about job tips and interview tips and how to follow up and such.

It should be less difficult to get a job now since people are hiring for seasonal. But good luck and you're welcome.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
ManicShadow
I've only held one job in my life and that was a summer job where I sold Cutco knives.
Well, here's 2 problems right here. No job experience, and experience with Cutco; many good employers don't even consider Cutco as experience anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff