Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok...so I'm not one to post my problems out on the interweb..however they aren't my problems so I don't care. They are how I view my sister and her problems and any opionions would be swell.

OK so my wee sister who is 17 (and me who is 19) has a thing...issues if you will. Now she used to be a pretty smart kid...still is but she has that whole teenage rebellion deal happening. Now I was slightly difficult when I was in my early teens, but being an observant person I took a step back one day and looked at my friends and how I was treating people. I noticed it wasn't nice, people weren't going to treat me very nice after a while if I kept going the way I did. I noticed that all my friends a peers were whiney and basked in dramatic situations. I was sick of the drama and decided to change and do whatever the hell I wanted to do trod my own path. It's worked, I'm happy with myself I'm relativly intelligent I take on my own responsiblities and when I make my own bed I lie in it so to speak...I did that all when I was 17--my sisters' current age. I was never a good student...infact I almost dropped out I was doing so badly...but I pulled up me socks.
My sister however...has a new best friend every month or so, she doesn't make decisions her self she is a very follow the pack type of kid. She is a liar...and a bad one too. She is horrible to my parents--they give her everything but it's still not good enouph. She says she wants to leave and she is on the verge of being kicked out because she's been messing up big time at school, her attidude blows, she's selfish and like I said before she lies. But she REALLY isn't a bad kid...just confused. She and I both aggree counsiling is a waste of money...so that a option is out. She obviously needs to grow up alot, know whats right for her and all of that. I wish I could give her advice but the little brat doesn't want to listen to anything besides her friends...who also aren't bad kids but...they really aren't the greatest influence on her. When she tells her friends about the problems she's having they just reply on what they would do...which frankly is possibly the worst thing ever because they are probably going through the same thing. So acting out in a rash manner is the only thing that they suggest. My sister isn't looking at the big picture...high school is nothing--just get through it who cares with what just get through it. The firends she has now...are nice people but they are basically in the same boat as she is, smart kids but they want to do what they want to do when they want to do it. Not the best combination when your young and your brain isn't fully formed. So...any help or anything would be swell...sorry for the length.
sweatdrop slap her hard and tell her whats going on, and f she gives you that "nobody understands what im going through" slap her again and tell her you went through it 2 years ago sweatdrop hey it might work.
my sister is kinda the same way, yeah we got a 2 year gap too, so i got an idea about waht your going through. so um good luck with that
mzero
sweatdrop slap her hard and tell her whats going on, and f she gives you that "nobody understands what im going through" slap her again and tell her you went through it 2 years ago sweatdrop hey it might work.
my sister is kinda the same way, yeah we got a 2 year gap too, so i got an idea about waht your going through. so um good luck with that

lol...Believe me I've thought about it...but the thing is my sister is build a little sturdier than me...I'm sort of waify like a model and prone to brusing...so hitting her would only make her hit me back.
Saddie-sad
mzero

lol...Believe me I've thought about it...but the thing is my sister is build a little sturdier than me...I'm sort of waify like a model and prone to brusing...so hitting her would only make her hit me back.
Get her in a headlock, tie her up, or just her hands, etc. Then slap her and honestly get it into her head that's she's being a DUMBASS!
SuperSonic27
I know it's hard to do but I think that you gotta let her fall on her a** that way she knows what the world looks like. What I would do is keep tabs on her, I'm sure that you know a few people ie; teachers friend's younger siblings who can kinda keep an eye on her. Just because shes got to fall doesn?t mean that you can't put a cushion under her.
yeah taht would work! do that! and if all else fails every town has a gym wink
Yeah but that's the time when you can come in and be all look there is more to life then just the bottom. That way you could be sure that you can set her on the right path

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff