Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Sweetheart

23,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
1. When your boyfriend's friend touches them provocatively and they are disgusted but will not do anything about it besides never talk to that person again

2. When someone nit picks at your mistakes and blows them out of proportion and calling you out in front of a group

3. When your boyfriend fights with you and makes the situation worse than better?

4. When someone makes the unveiling of information much harder than it should be?

5. When someone will not shut their mouth and continue to yell out profanity and make someone feel worse about themselves just because they are mad at that said person for not doing as they should and they are not responsive to comments like: You are not helping, only making it worse.

Spoopy Kitten

Quote:
1. When your boyfriend's friend touches them provocatively and they are disgusted but will not do anything about it besides never talk to that person again

Support boyfriend's decision to never talk to that person again. Its probly the right choice anyway, as boyfriend shouldnt have friends who violate his space/body without his consent

Quote:
2. When someone nit picks at your mistakes and blows them out of proportion and calling you out in front of a group

My mom does this. I fixed it by moving away from her. See this friend less often and see if that helps you, too. If it does not, drop them all together as they arnt worth the headache

Quote:
3. When your boyfriend fights with you and makes the situation worse than better?

If you fight back, you know you are making it worse as well, right? Calmly ask him to drop the argument for a little bit so you both can cool off. Once you both are calm enough to talk it out, do so. Repeat as many times as needed

Quote:
4. When someone makes the unveiling of information much harder than it should be?

I dont understand what you mean here, sorry

Quote:
5. When someone will not shut their mouth and continue to yell out profanity and make someone feel worse about themselves just because they are mad at that said person for not doing as they should and they are not responsive to comments like: You are not helping, only making it worse.

Again, this sound exactly like my mother. If your partner is doing this to you, leave. Its abusive and you dont deserve that

Bunny

Quote:

He was smart enough to cut contact with that 'friend' rather than let that 'friend' touch him all the time without saying a word. If it continues to bother him even though the friend isn't around anymore, support him.

Quote:

If someone did that to me, I would cut them out of my life. It's embarassing and rude to put me on blast in front of a group of people for making a mistake. If the mistake was that bothersome, said person could've pulled me to the side and told me about it rather than blow it out of proportion.

Quote:

If your partner is trying to b***h at you, fighting back will make it blow up more. If you're in an argument, try to calm him down so you both can have a serious talk about the issue at hand. Fighting back or bitching at one another isn't going to help the problem, at all.

Quote:

?????

Quote:

Okay, I don't know who you're implying, but this person sounds like an a-hole that doesn't deserve to be in your life.

Enthusiast

Cyrus Farre

Sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship. If this is you, then please end this relationship as soon as possible before this man cause serious damage to your self-esteem.

Answers:

1. Support the boyfriend's choice to end the friendship. In private, talk to the boyfriend about how he feels, learn the history of their friendship and how long this friend has been disrespecting his personal space, and give him emotional support.

2. End the relationship, because that's emotional abuse. Constantly criticizing the other is to make that person feel insecure, and break down their confidence so he/she will feel flawed and not want to leave the abuser. Purposely arguing in front of friends, family, or strangers is meant to humiliate the other, and make that person feel extremely embarrassed or ashamed, which will make him/her more obedient to the abuser. More info here: Emotional abuse, Cycle of Abuse, and Red Flags.

3. End the relationship. If a couple can't solve problems adequately no matter how hard they try to understand and communicate with each other, then it means they're not compatible.

4. End the relationship, because talking to your partner shouldn't be so difficult. It's not right to feel that you can't express yourself, because being comfortable and accepted for who you are is part of being in a relationship, that feeling should be mutual.

5. End the relationship. Expecting a person to automatically know what to do without any explanation is abusive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff