Welcome to Gaia! ::

help?

yes! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 >

i know this is't really a life issues, but most of the replies from gd were spam and trolls. plus, li people seem to be more thoughtful.

my 14th birthday is in 22 days and i have't planned a party at all. we don't really have much money to spend on it all. i was thinking of something 50's and my mom suggested rock 'n bowling, or i could just go out to a movie with a few friends like i did last year.

what are your ideas?

edit-
Stuff I Like:
alternative rock
movies
anime
randomness
board games
horses
cats
graphical art
baloons

Romantic Lover

All these words they make no sense

A party?
I didn't have a party for my 14th b-day, so I really wouldnt know.
Bowling idea sound's pretty fun though, maybe just do that?
I mean bowling does fit in with the 50's idea.

Mistaken Life
All these words they make no sense

A party?
I didn't have a party for my 14th b-day, so I really wouldnt know.
Bowling idea sound's pretty fun though, maybe just do that?
I mean bowling does fit in with the 50's idea.

my mom is going rock 'n bowling next week and she's gonna tell me what its like. she seems to think that everyone should dress 50's and we should have coca-cola and hamburgers...it sounds okay to me...its pretty realistic.
i'm still open for other ideas...very open

Angelic Phantom

For my last few birthdays, I've had friends over for pizza, cake, a movie, and maybe a game (like Cranium, or Imaginiff). Heh, I'm not much more creative than that... nor do I like to drink all that much (my friends like it even less)... but I just realized I'll be turning 22 in less than two weeks!

Just thinking back to high school, I remember one of my friends had a karaoke party. I did a sleepover one year when my birthday was on a Friday. My 14th birthday was the second week of grade 9, my first year at high school, and one of my new friends threw me a party at lunch; she got a big card and got everyone to sign it, and organized the purchase of pizzas, and we all sat outside to enjoy ourselves. At the end of that year, I found a picture of us at that party in the yearbook.

My last birthday party with my high school friends was a combined party with one of my friends born in July. We held the party in August, a couple of weeks before we all went off to uni. We did one of those murder mystery dinner games. Heh, my 19th bday (which is the legal age in most of Canada), I went out to dinner with a couple of close friends I'd made since starting uni, and I bought a glass of wine for the sake of it. Though, I'd technically already had my first legal drink a month before, in one of the three provinces where the legal age is 18.

Meh, I hope that you find what you're looking for. I've given a few suggestions in all that chatter... in any case, do something you'll enjoy, and have fun with it!
Caring Hay Man
Orgy.

Sounds fun
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Had some Fun party ideas... If your Back yard is big then get a sprinkler and have a water party kinda thing.. We have it almost every year.. or BBQ and Have some games or make some games up.
most of my B-days consist of a jiont party with my sister and 3 cousins at g-mas house.....not fun.....or just hangout with friends.....personally i think 14 isnt that big of a deal....my best friend has told me not to make plans for my 18th bday tho cuz thats a big one....its in november and honestly im kinda scared he can come up with some pretty crazy stuff but im sure itll be fun.....sorry im not much help but just hang out with your friends and if you want a theme get a few decorations and play elvis...it dosent take much heck my best Bday was my 16th and it was everyone meet at the park and have a picnic..i didnt get anything nice and we didnt do anything crazy but it was great to be out on my own with all my freinds and no adults
Options:

1. Murder Mystery Party: lots of fun. Solve a pretend murder with your friends...one of whom is the murderer! You can get the games off the internet or from your local book store.

2. Battle of the Sexes: Invite an equal number of guys and girls and go head to head in board games, sports, whatever.

3. Craft theme: You can find a pottery place practically anywhere in the U.S. You could buy cheap painting materials and do portraits of your friends using only unusual supplies.

4. Treasure hunt: Have a mom or dad make up clues in a wide area that you have to follow. Make it a video hunt by making the teams come up with tapes of certain areas/places/things.

5. Bigger or Better: start out with a small plastic toy and go door to door with your friends. Ask the people you meet if they have something bigger or better than your item they are willing to trade. Keep trading up. (My team went from a plastic animal to a $60-$80 chocolate fountain, the other team started with a plastic animal and ended with a table. This was done in four hours. We ran into someone while playing who had gotten a brand new car. Another man played this game for a year and got a house for the price of a red paper clip...lots of fun. Rule: no money or paying someone off.)
Freegrlie
Options:

1. Murder Mystery Party: lots of fun. Solve a pretend murder with your friends...one of whom is the murderer! You can get the games off the internet or from your local book store.

2. Battle of the Sexes: Invite an equal number of guys and girls and go head to head in board games, sports, whatever.

3. Craft theme: You can find a pottery place practically anywhere in the U.S. You could buy cheap painting materials and do portraits of your friends using only unusual supplies.

4. Treasure hunt: Have a mom or dad make up clues in a wide area that you have to follow. Make it a video hunt by making the teams come up with tapes of certain areas/places/things.

5. Bigger or Better: start out with a small plastic toy and go door to door with your friends. Ask the people you meet if they have something bigger or better than your item they are willing to trade. Keep trading up. (My team went from a plastic animal to a $60-$80 chocolate fountain, the other team started with a plastic animal and ended with a table. This was done in four hours. We ran into someone while playing who had gotten a brand new car. Another man played this game for a year and got a house for the price of a red paper clip...lots of fun. Rule: no money or paying someone off.)

Those are really good ideas,I might use some of those for my party........we're going paintballing,lol i planned my party at the beginning off summer.(my birthday is in 3 months) lol
i live in an apartment...i also don't have much time to plan because i want to send out invites next week. tommorrow my mom is going to a rock n' bowling party to see howit all works. the murder mystery seems like a cool idea...but i don't know where i'd do it...my grandparent probably don't want a dozen teenagers runnig around their house.
Well for my 14th birthday party, I had a sleepover in my backyard with tents and stuff and a lot of friends. We also had games some what related to survivor challenges... and item hunts where we went to neighbor's houses and asked for certain things like paper clips or erasers and the team who had the most items on the list won. It was a lot of fun. Don't know about a 50's theme though. =)

Angelic Phantom

How many people are you thinking of inviting? An apartment is totally doable for 8 or less, even for a murder mystery party. But, if it's more than that, the bowling is probably a better option.

Quotable Tycoon

I really like that murder mystery idea.

You could also do
- Kareoke
- Ice cream social
- Make your own pizzas
- Scavenger Hunt
- Go to a place like Planet Fun
- Lasertag
- Movie marathon with junk food
- Road trip to local amusement park
- Miniature Golf