Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Bookworm

Does sound like BV really. The fish smell is a big indicator for that. And trust me, I know how bad it is.

See a gynecologist specifically! Try to get one that is a Doctor and not the Nurse Practitioner. (Nothing against NPs, but since you have been through so much I would definitely go to a Doctor)
You can also request a female specifically if it makes you uncomfortable, or even if you just want someone who can relate.
Stop going to the ER, they don't have the right staff to help you with something like this.

The procedure you want to ask for specifically is not a Pap Smear, but a Wet Mount. The tools and procedure of a Pap Smear are meant specifically for cancer, Wet Mounts are for infections and other problems.

They DEFINITELY should have done one on you by now. If they do not think you need one, DEMAND it. Do not be afraid to turn on the water works if you need to, anything that will convince them that this is enough of a pain that you need to be looked at. If you come in calm sometimes they don't think you are being that affected by whatever it is. (Not saying this for everything, just in cases where something is really wrong and doctors will not give you the time of day even after months of the affliction)

I can also tell you that just because you are taking an Antibiotic doesn't mean it will help. Each Antibiotic has certain bacteria that it can work against, but they will not work against other types of bacteria.

---

In the mean time, you should wear cotton underwear.
If you have a lot of discharge you should change it twice a day (morning, evening, something like that).
You can also try wearing panty liners and changing them every hour or two if the discharge is that bad.
Sometimes it helps to keep the area free of that discharge.
You should also get some feminine wipes. Just the non-scented ones, Target has generic ones $3 for like 80 of them. Use one every time you change the underwear/liner.
Keeping the area nice and clean might even help reduce it or even get rid of it.

Still make sure you see another doctor, but this may help you while you wait for an appointment.

Hope this gets better! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Its late here so I might not have worded this post very well. sweatdrop
BV sad I had it and it didn't really go away til I had a dose of Metronidazole the following year for an unrelated pelvic infection from a biopsy. The docs originally gave me this pessary to stick up there but it only worked for a week and it came back... it's a pain in the ******** a**! Or vag.
Wow that seems horrible!

Make sure to visit your gynecologist and ask him or her to check for cooties.

6,750 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oojey
Mari Kyomo
Oojey
Mari Kyomo
Have you tried seeing if it's a yeast infection?

Yes, I was diagnosed with that. Took medication even, and nothing.
Have you explored the possibility of an STI or STD?

We'll no actually. No doctor ever tested me for that...

wow, never? thats really (no offense) quite idiotic for you to do! The gyno is your bff when it comes to v****a problems.. NOT the ER
MendoGurl
Oojey
Mari Kyomo
Oojey
Mari Kyomo
Have you tried seeing if it's a yeast infection?

Yes, I was diagnosed with that. Took medication even, and nothing.
Have you explored the possibility of an STI or STD?

We'll no actually. No doctor ever tested me for that...

wow, never? thats really (no offense) quite idiotic for you to do! The gyno is your bff when it comes to v****a problems.. NOT the ER

I know sweatdrop I have an appointment with the Gyno soon so I will be asking for that smile
Grimcess
BV sad I had it and it didn't really go away til I had a dose of Metronidazole the following year for an unrelated pelvic infection from a biopsy. The docs originally gave me this pessary to stick up there but it only worked for a week and it came back... it's a pain in the ******** a**! Or vag.

How long did you have it for?
Oojey
Grimcess

How long did you have it for?

Almost a year til I got rid of it sad diet changes can help too as can quitting smoking and stuff, wearing cotton pants and changing them regularly x

Unbeatable Survivor

You know, this sounds SIMILAR to something that was wrong with me.

See, I got pregnant with twins, had an abortion, and then my vaginal discharge was thick, pasty, and would dry me out to the point where I couldn't have sex for more than maybe thirty minutes without it cutting me.

It didn't smell, but if I don't take a lot of vitamin C and stay hydrated I'll have urinary pain. I was treated for a UTI, but there was no bacteria. And when I went to the gyn she said it LOOKED like a yeast infection, but under the microscope it was completely normal. She prescribed me an ointment but it did nothing but relieve the pain.

I had it for two years, and somewhere within that first year I gained quite a bit of weight [Too much starch and sugar].

Well, I got pregnant and all those problems went away [Save for the needing to stay hydrated or I'll feel like I have a UTI]. I got an abortion again and I still haven't had any problems, so I'm wondering if my hormones were messed up?

I'm going to start exercising and eating way less sugar and carbs, so we'll see if that does the trick.

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with a mystery problem. Of course I DID go to the gyn and WAS tested for STDs, but still. I wish you the best because it's horrible to deal with. I'm so happy that I haven't had a problem for a month now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff