Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Poster

So recently I realized I love being relatable. But I have been lying to people non stop with little petty lies to seem more relatable. I consider myself a really good liar, and it happens without me even realizing it. What is this called?

Rainbow Lover

I think the term you're looking for is pathological liar.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
De Amor
So recently I realized I love being relatable. But I have been lying to people non stop with little petty lies to seem more relatable. I consider myself a really good liar, and it happens without me even realizing it. What is this called?

it's called being a liar.

Skryris's Wife

Quotable Millionaire

De Amor

Ugh. My friends girlfriend does this and it annoys me to no end because everyone can actually tell when you're doing it. It may seem like they believe you, but in reality they're all just nodding their heads and letting it happen.

Honestly, you shouldn't have to scour for common ground with other people, and if you find yourself having to do it, then you're hanging around the wrong kind of people.

Dangerous Bloodsucker

It's called being human. Everybody lies. Whether it's to make themselves look better or sound better or to gain respect or sympathy, everyone does it at some point. The problem is you've made a habit out of it. I used to kinda be like that too, where I didn't nescessarily tell falsehoods, I just embellished reality. I;ve since found that people still like me even when I tell the truth. Next time you find yourself doing that stop. Think. Say something like "ok that's an exaggeration, it's more like ___", or something to that effect. The more conscious you are about not doing it the sooner you'll break yourself of this habbit.

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
Pathological liar is the only term I can come up with.
We all tell lies once or twice but if you do it a lot, even about small things then is can be a serious problem. I had a friend who did nothing but lie constantly, mostly about silly, little things, but it ruined her credibility with me and several other people in our group of friends.

It's nice wanting to relate to others but sometimes you just don't click with people, there's no sense in lying about your interests or whatever just to make them like or take in interest in you. Be your self and eventually you'll meet people who like the same things as you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff