Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you want to be commited, more power to ya. You can believe in God and be as religious as most. Do what you want to do. Take your own path. If you don't want to be totally commited, then don't do it. People believe different things, so we won't be able to help you. We will just be giving you our beliefs and stuff.
<center>Heh. You sound like me. I don't see any point in being Christian. Or really in any other religion except for maybe Wicca. To me, Religion is just a bunch of stuff people made up over time so that they can understand life a bit better, however they want. That's the only point to it. But I think some people really take it too far and get annoying with it. And that's what pisses me off about it.

But anyways, if that's what you feel, try to talk with your parents about it. Explain to them that you really don't see any point in being a Christian. They may not be happy with it, but you need to make them understand that it's your decision and your RIGHT to believe what you want. It's in the constitution. 3nodding Even if you're underage. My dad's a very commited Catholic, but in his old age, he's starting to bend a little. I mean, he's not obsessive like some of these God-oriented idiots down here in Oklahoma(we're not from here, and my dad lives in Pennsylvania). But he doesn't really force me to go to church or anything like that, not as much as he used to TRY. The only time I go to church is on major holidays, and it's always with him, just to make him happy since he is getting older(he's gonna be 53 in a couple of months).

So yeah, just try to explain that to your parents and hopefully they'll understand. Believe what you want. It's not up to other people to tell you what it is you're "supposed" to believe. It's whatever gets you through life.

Hope I helped.
nonameless
PS: heart HE lives!!! heart

Not anymore...................
red_moon_fox
Okay I need advice, My parents are commited Christians so of course they want me to be just as commited. But I don't see the point of religon. If you have a religion please give me a vlid reason fo keeping it instead of " My god loves us" or "you must have faith." Because at this point I'm wondering did God put us here or did we just make him...?

I've always wondered this myself, but you know, it's just a matter of what you feel most comfortable believeing in. Some people are their own God, others just don't believe in the idea of God, like a scientifical approach, you know? I like to think I have a strong faith, but I don't go to church. I just like to think I can talk to God whenever. Some people believe in him because they feel like they need a friend always over their shoulder. Some turn to faith after years of not believing because it's their last hope, or others because they're faith is renewed.

*sigh* I dunno. -lol- sweatdrop But don't try and force yourself to believe if you don't, you're not getting the experience of feeling the power. Some people just get nothing out of it. It's not, like, a bad thing. wink I dunno, that's just what I think about it. ()^o^ -lol-

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It's so you too can have an imaginary friend~ People will tell you it's for hope and s**t, meh, can get that elsewhere without ya know.. the stupidity. *shrug* to each their own..
Well, christianity plays a bigish role in my life. It gives me hope, somthing to believe in. Not to mention it makes me pretty good to think that someone would die an exreamly painfull death jsut to take the blame for all the crap I've done in my life. Jesus died for us all, and then to say all this crap about him is just so harsh. Don't let your parents push you into to it though, look around at your opptions. But don't be too quick to judge, go to church , see if you like it. Read the Bible you'll find some pretty usefull information. You don't have to believe everything it says in the Bible, I know I don't. Bottom line, God's out there, and he can save you. wink
Yuki no Yoru
DarSala-at
Hect
Religion is bull s**t. We made it up, and it's a complete waste of time. Not that you shouldn't lead a good life, it's just that it's not real, and only made to scare people into acting correctly. It's actually rather pothetic that people are stupid enough to believe and practice it. There is no proof of any divine event ever except for the bible, but how credible is the bible?

True however there are some people who need to believe there is something bigger than them selves. As to the bible(I haven't read it) but it was created by men- for men.
They bible wasn't created by man but God told them what to write in it. It is literally God's Word.

I dissagree in a way. I do not see god as a man or a father or a humanoid. HOWEVER I do believe in god. I believe that the bible was not told to be written, however others felt it should be, and I believe it may be the word of god, but i don't think you and I see it the same
MyCanary2
Saint-Saens
MyCanary2
Bleh, religion is a waste of time. I would say some points, but Christian freaks will come charging at me trying to prove me wrong. But yes.

If you think that there is a higher being, then think that.

Best of luck

Nope, no flaming here. Just a request. Don't call us, or anyone for that matter, freaks. I take that comment as an insult.

Let me re-phrase that, Christians well into faith?

Well if you put it that way, i guess it's a complement. Yet still, it could be seen as talking about us as zealots.
Saint-Saens
MyCanary2
Saint-Saens
MyCanary2
Bleh, religion is a waste of time. I would say some points, but Christian freaks will come charging at me trying to prove me wrong. But yes.

Best of luck

Nope, no flaming here. Just a request. Don't call us, or anyone for that matter, freaks. I take that comment as an insult.

Let me re-phrase that, Christians well into faith?

Well if you put it that way, i guess it's a complement. Yet still, it could be seen as talking about us as zealots.

What is a zealot? gonk

On your sig, would it matter if a man could catch a football to be president?
He is always there for you and loves you for all your faults. He makes his laws not to restrict you, but to protect you from experiencing unnecessary pain. (I know, I've messed up and strayed from his will, and it totally sucks). But He is always there to pull you out. I've heard his voice, felt his touch, seen his face. He saved my life, (literally, in more than one way). He wants the best for us, and has a wonderful plan for our lives that is far beyond anything we could ever imagine. With him you are safe, and need not fear, because you have a guarantee that everything will be all right and work out for the best. You can always count on him to fix it. When you put your trust in him, a desperate, impossible situation opens up into beautiful possibility and hope. Without God I would have ended my life a long time ago. I owe everything to him.
To me religion isnt just about going to church its about being able to worship the way you feel is right for you and you shouldnt feel pressured from your parents to follow there way of worshiping if you want to worship the way you want you should be able to do so.
nate_the_bait
nonameless
PS: heart HE lives!!! heart

Not anymore...................
He rose again after 3 days...ment to include that in my first post. xd gtg, will explain later. biggrin
MyCanary2

Say some points. It's the best way to see if you actually have any.

Arcaneile
Personally I wish people would ask themselves the question, did god create humans or did humans create god? All of the bible is based on stories, that's all they are, there is no truth to them at all. It's strange to think of god as a person who can see us all. Whenever I read the bible you can't serperate truth from fantasy, maybe jesus did exsist but that doesn't mean he could work the miracles th ebible says he does.

So you were there to witness there were no miracles?

Fairy_Princess_165
The point is so you won't go to a burning, firey Hell when you die, and instead live in eternal paradise.

That seems so very much the wrong idea. I've never heard anyone actually love another cause the other would kill them if they didn't. Love just doesn't work like that.

Illustrious~Alex
If giving into ignorance is your thing, then by all means become a religious person. And as for those of you who say science cant disprove religion, it doesn't have to. Religion has to prove itself. Anyone can come up with a random idea and ask you to disprove it and you'd literally be speechless. Though that does not make it true. Give science and the human race time to get out of their infancy stage, and they'll give you the answers you've been looking for. Though don't expect that time to come anytime soon.

Actually, the world would be far better off with true religion taking priority over science. If the religious people, actually everyone, practiced what the major religions taught, we'd be living in a much happier world. As it is, science has made leaps and bounds, while human wisdom hasn't done the same. We are still much the same people as far as wisdom goes, as we were 500 years ago, now we just have more powerful medicines and weapons.

So about this ignorance thing, prove religion to be ignorant. Ignorant means it doesn't know true fact. Prove it!!

Frostwrath
It's so you too can have an imaginary friend~ People will tell you it's for hope and s**t, meh, can get that elsewhere without ya know.. the stupidity. *shrug* to each their own..

Stupidity to you that is. It means nothing to those who believe, and we wonder why you can easily discount a God, when He cannot be disproven.
red_moon_fox
Okay I need advice, My parents are commited Christians so of course they want me to be just as commited. But I don't see the point of religon. If you have a religion please give me a vlid reason fo keeping it instead of " My god loves us" or "you must have faith." Because at this point I'm wondering did God put us here or did we just make him...?
If humans made God, then we would have made Him so we could understand everything about him. I know God is real. I know because I've felt the holy spirit in such a powerful way. I use to be depressed, suicidal, homocidal, and I hated everyone and everything. I was ashamed of who I was, how I looked, and what I had become. However, I was at a youth retreat and in less than an hour, I went from being totally messed up, to being happy, outgoing, and no longer suicidal.
Fairy_Princess_165
The point is so you won't go to a burning, firey Hell when you die, and instead live in eternal paradise.

That seems so very much the wrong idea. I've never heard anyone actually love another cause the other would kill them if they didn't. Love just doesn't work like that.

Oops... I think I said that wrong... sweatdrop I was just a bit mad at all the people trashing Christianity. What I said is a true fact of Christianity, but that isn't the point of it, you're right. There are really many points to it, but I think the most important thing about Chrisitanity is the fact that Jesus died for us because he loved heart us SO MUCH so we could be with him forever. That sort of re-states what I said before, but not so harshly...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff