Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a Christian. A couple years ago I questioned my religion but after going to this youth retreat I became very much committed to staying close to God. Just so you know, studies show that those who are spritually involved in some religion live longer.

I personally plan on staying committed to Christianity and bringing it up to any children that I may have when I am older. Why? Because-I'd rather believe that there was a God who loved me so much that He sent his son to die for me than being created by some chance of a big bang. I've looked at other religions and Christianity seems most logical to me, there have been many archeaological (sp?) discoveries supporting Christianity also, and no discoveries have been yet found to prove Christianity wrong. I hope that helps.
DarSala-at
Hect
Religion is bull s**t. We made it up, and it's a complete waste of time. Not that you shouldn't lead a good life, it's just that it's not real, and only made to scare people into acting correctly. It's actually rather pothetic that people are stupid enough to believe and practice it. There is no proof of any divine event ever except for the bible, but how credible is the bible?

True however there are some people who need to believe there is something bigger than them selves. As to the bible(I haven't read it) but it was created by men- for men.
They bible wasn't created by man but God told them what to write in it. It is literally God's Word.
I am Christian, and religion gives me hope, reasons to live, to be grateful I am alive, that someone with divine power is there. I feel love and serenity even in this world that is dangerous. But it is your desicioin, what you want to believe and have faith in. Pm me if you'd like to talk to me more about it.
Bleh, religion is a waste of time. I would say some points, but Christian freaks will come charging at me trying to prove me wrong. But yes.

If you think that there is a higher being, then think that.

Best of luck
MyCanary2
Bleh, religion is a waste of time. I would say some points, but Christian freaks will come charging at me trying to prove me wrong. But yes.

Best of luck

Nope, no flaming here. Just a request. Don't call us, or anyone for that matter, freaks. I take that comment as an insult.
Saint-Saens
MyCanary2

Best of luck

Nope, no flaming here. Just a request. Don't call us, or anyone for that matter, freaks. I take that comment as an insult.

Let me re-phrase that, Christians well into faith?

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Hect
Religion is bull s**t. We made it up, and it's a complete waste of time. Not that you shouldn't lead a good life, it's just that it's not real, and only made to scare people into acting correctly. It's actually rather pothetic that people are stupid enough to believe and practice it. There is no proof of any divine event ever except for the bible, but how credible is the bible?
right. Religion is like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy and Satan and the bogeyman and your parents.
Personally I wish people would ask themselves the question, did god create humans or did humans create god? All of the bible is based on stories, that's all they are, there is no truth to them at all. It's strange to think of god as a person who can see us all. Whenever I read the bible you can't serperate truth from fantasy, maybe jesus did exsist but that doesn't mean he could work the miracles th ebible says he does.
we made God as our reflection, and now most people are admiring something that, in fact, is just like them. People should study Philosophy at school...
What's the point of being a Christian?

Excuse my bluntness, but it all boils down to this:

The point is so you won't go to a burning, firey Hell when you die, and instead live in eternal paradise.

Of course, many "educated" people would say the whole purpose of it is to give glory to God (?), which is a good thing, but most people are scared into it by someone telling them they'll go to Hell if they don't believe, which is true, but that isn't the way to convert someone. And in response to many people saying that the Bible was created "by men, for men," or "religion is a crutch": The Bible is the divine WORD OF GOD, written BY GOD (through the hand of man) for man. There are many archaeological (sp?) and other proofs of the fact that the Bible IS truth.
Well, I believe in God because... I just do. I know that I don't have to feel completely alone because God's there. Religion is different for everyone. If you don't want to believe then don't. I do, so I will, but I won't shove religion down anyone's throat. That's not how it should work.
If giving into ignorance is your thing, then by all means become a religious person. And as for those of you who say science cant disprove religion, it doesn't have to. Religion has to prove itself. Anyone can come up with a random idea and ask you to disprove it and you'd literally be speechless. Though that does not make it true. Give science and the human race time to get out of their infancy stage, and they'll give you the answers you've been looking for. Though don't expect that time to come anytime soon.
Honestly, one of my favorite things about being a Christian is when I have something on my mind (feelings mostly) that I can't possibly tell anyone else I know I can talk to God about them.
God exists in some people's minds as a source of comfort to them, to make them feel as if they are not alone, and so they can have faith in something that won't ever change. God is different for everyone, He may exist, He may not, He may be found in an inatimate object, it depends on how the person wants to see Him, if at all.

Just my opinion.
red_moon_fox
Okay I need advice, My parents are commited Christians so of course they want me to be just as commited. But I don't see the point of religon. If you have a religion please give me a vlid reason fo keeping it instead of " My god loves us" or "you must have faith." Because at this point I'm wondering did God put us here or did we just make him...?

i agree with you all the way, i myself dont believe in god and just think he was a man-made fabrication to explain the unexplainable... but i know a lot of ppl who dont think that (2 of them inclueding my parents) but i just kinda trot along to church with them every sunday... i told them i dont believe in god and they took it well, they just said church was a family thing so have to go... i dont know how your fam. will deal with what you believe in (or lack of belief) but just hope that they understand... if not back up what you believe in with how you feel about religion and what not... they should accept it even if they dont like it... you're their flesh ans blood for christ sakes xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff