Weight

Are you "overweight"?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 19, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

Nydiran
Saelaen_Shrike
I'm kind of overweight. I've never been teased about it and it's never been much of an issue for me, that's probably because I'm fortunate enough to have an awesome group of kids as my grade-mates.
But even so I've started a program at my mom's gym to lose weight. It's not because I want to be "prettier" but because running up a long flight of stairs makes me a bit short of breath. I mean I wouldn't mind being slender and all that, but that's never going to happen, not even if I weighed, say, six pounds because of my natural build.
I'm fine with how I look, I'm not saying I don't want to be drop dead gorgeous, but it's not something I worry about too much. Even so I feel a lot of society's pressure about how thin=pretty for girls.
I don't know if boys face the same pressure because I grew up in a grade where there's over three girls for every boy, I don't have any brothers, and though I have had many guy friends over the years that topic never came up. So I'd like to know what it's like for guys.
Yeah, share experiences, opinions, thoughts, all that.

I'm not a guy but I do have something to say.

GO YOU! You like yourself for who you are, there arn't meny people like that. Keep it up. I sort of envie you.

Though, Jessimaca is also right. Your heath can get sucky when you a bet heavy. Thats why I'm working out. I just want to be stronger.

I'm pretty obese. I don't like it, but I don't mind. Life is good, and people who comment, which is rare, are usually idiots. I'm also lucky to be around the people I am. Not to say there aren't people who make fun of me, there are probably a couple, but they don't make fun of me cause I'm fat oddly enough. I think they're scared of me, they just don't want to admit it. They're like half my hight and a quarter my weight, I could kick their asses good. biggrin
Oh yah, I tried loosing weight once, it was sort of working, but then the pressure jsut built up too much and I had to stop. Now I weigh more than ever, even though I'm still growing it's relatively worst, and I'm thinking about try to loose the weight again. I should start now, it being summer and all, but I can't seem to get started. crying
I'm not actually overweight but I still feel the need to starve myself and exercise as much as possible... I have serious problems neutral ... Just don't become anorexic or bulimic, you'll regret it.... But by the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like you will ever do that... and I think that it is a good thing that you're going to the gym, but not just because you wanna look prettier for the guys or whatever...
no, i'm not...but i think the whole question is invalid......i know a few girls who are fine, and beautiful, and they think they're overweight
If you are overweight, you are the majority in this country.

It's so sad now that they are making clothes bigger and bigger. What was a size 1 is now a 3 or 5. Which means I can't even find clothes to fit me half the time anymore.

Now there is a huge market for plus-size kids clothes. More kids are overweight than ever. It's really sad that instead of people trying to be healthy and raise healthy kids, people just make the clothes bigger.

There is a healthy weight for everyone. Hardly anyone should be "skinny". but you should be healthy, and hardly anyone in this country is healthy anymore.

I'm a very healthy weight for my height. I've been the same weight and height since Jr. High. Yet lately people have called me anorexic and made fun of how small my waist is. Not because I'm very skinny, but because in comparison to everyone else, I'm not overweight. I eat just as much as everyone else, my body just has a high metabolism.

So just be healthy, damn it. whee

Friendly Member

11,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
nakedgoth62
I'm not actually overweight but I still feel the need to starve myself and exercise as much as possible... I have serious problems neutral ... Just don't become anorexic or bulimic, you'll regret it.... But by the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like you will ever do that... and I think that it is a good thing that you're going to the gym, but not just because you wanna look prettier for the guys or whatever...

Eating disorder? Table for 2, please.

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. I'm at 130 lbs at 6 feet tall, and I am forever seeing the little bits of extra stuff on my stomach, love handles, whatever. And it's sad, because I know in my brain that I'm not at an unhealthy weight.

Here's the deal -- it's not coming from outside myself.

Many people try to blame the mass media and society. Guess what folks? We all grew up the same society consuming the same mass media. What makes some people content with themselves, while others are never going to be happy? It's your own mind doing that to you. Because no matter what anyone says, your thoughts are your own entities. You control where they go.

Therefore, you need to take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions, and act like it. I'm not freaked out about weight because of the media -- I'm freaked out because of my own twisted ideals of what is right and wrong and what priorities are.

::steps off soap box::
Well, I guess I'm a little overweight myself- not compared to the avarage person, but compared to other people my age (12, 5'0, 110 pounds.). I get short of breath extremely easily- been that way all my life-, but am unenthusiastic about exersising anyways. The reason I'm overweight would probably be because I rarely go outside and spend most of the day on the computer. But I don't mind if I get so overweight that it shows- I mean, as long as I'm not clogging my arteries I don't mind that my body's storing stuff. It's completely natural and I don't see the point in the new 'thin' fad. I don't have anyone I'd want to appeal to, either, since people my age only talk about music and their virginity x-X. I much perfer making friends over the internet, because they like me for who I am, and not because I might be some hot chick. That and I get social anxiety in real life. I guess that if I ever get a girlfriend/boyfriend, it'd be very probably someone I've known for years over the net.
You all must keep in mind that you cant just judge yourselves or others by weight. The real important variable to judge if your unthealthy is the body fat percentage. A guy can weigh 260lbs and not have barely any fat on him, muscle mass has greater weight than hydrogen enriched fat cells. Larger weights can be good, depending on the persons stature. Myself for example: I'm 17, 5'10 and weigh 200lbs. But I dont have any handles or spare tires, my midsection just goes straight down from my rib cage. I see lots of people like me around, we are [as some would say] 'Built like a brick s**t-house'. It all depends on how you carry yourself too!
As long as people are happy with themselves, then they are okay. It's really all in the eye of the beholder.
I don't know if I am or not. I think I am... but my family and friends say i'm just fine... that i'm a good/regular size a person should be. I'm 13, 120lbs, and about 5'1" does it sound like I'm fat?
♥im 5ft and only weigh 98 pounds and im 17, but i still work out so i dont get big, i mostly want to get really strong, most of my weight is muscle, im the strong one in the family besides my dad. the bad part is when i have to help bring in furniture and junk. but you doing for the right reasons, for your health not looks, but i know your very pretty anyway, weather how big or small your are.♥

misha soupness's Husbando

+General Tips+
-Portion Control(A little less)
-No FAD Diets(Atkins)
-Step up the Protein and Calcium
-More Veggies and Fruits
-Lots of Water

+Exercise+
-Always Aerobic to lose weight
>20/30 Minute walks everyday
>Hacky Sack, Jump Rope, Cycling, Swimming. .etc

That's just for people who are wondering about the little thing's 3nodding

I can help people start diet's ^^!
It's easy!
punkneedlovetoo
I don't know if I am or not. I think I am... but my family and friends say i'm just fine... that i'm a good/regular size a person should be. I'm 13, 120lbs, and about 5'1" does it sound like I'm fat?

no it doesnt sound like your fat at all, most of your weight could be your muscles, it doesnt matter if you were you are a person and shouldnt have to worry about how much you weigh, if you are worried about it work out and try to eat very healthy. but dont worry your not fat.
SSJiffy
+General Tips+
-Portion Control(A little less)
-No FAD Diets(Atkins)
-Step up the Protein and Calcium
-More Veggies and Fruits
-Lots of Water

+Exercise+
-Always Aerobic to lose weight
>20/30 Minute walks everyday
>Hacky Sack, Jump Rope, Cycling, Swimming. .etc

That's just for people who are wondering about the little thing's 3nodding

I can help people start diet's ^^!
It's easy!
Would that stuff work for a 13 year old who is about 5'1" weighs 120lbs and wants to lose some weight by August 17th? HELP ME!
Miko Aelita
punkneedlovetoo

no it doesnt sound like your fat at all, most of your weight could be your muscles, it doesnt matter if you were you are a person and shouldnt have to worry about how much you weigh, if you are worried about it work out and try to eat very healthy. but dont worry your not fat.
k... thnx
I'm a lot like you. I'm only like, ten or fifteen pounds overweight, and because of my build I know I'm never going to be Cindy Crawford no matter how much I try. So I do my best to be somewhat healthy. Running up my stairs used to get me a little short winded, so I went to my mom's gym, and was able to walk faster and longer than my dad, whereas before I was a couple of steps behind him and blamed it on my height. (which is honestly, part of it) My mom wants me to look a certain way. She doesn't understand that my body structure will never be that of the thin, frail asian. It's simply not going to happen. I took after my dad in my body structure, and I've been raised like a son, so I don't care anyway. My mom is really the only person that bothers me about my weight anymore. But she's hypocritical because she weighs as much as I do, and she's only a few inches taller. Plus, I've got much more muscle than she does(though it's not a whole lot), and I prefer my baggy jeans to her skin tight skirts. So I figure that if I'm happy, and healthy, then I'm fine. I've got great people around me that accept me no matter what, but would tell me if they thought I had a problem. Kudos to you!
I'm overweight (not dramatically, but probably like 20 or so pounds).. I just need to lose it.

I work out (not normally anymore though, because summer made me lazy), and I'm pretty muscular, but I still feel the need to lose weight. There are days when I'm content, and days where I wanna do something about it, and other days where I just don't care. One day I'll lose it... hopefully.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff