Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i dont think you should let others decide weither your beliefs are right or wrong. personally im atheist. i was christian when i was younger but then realized i didnt believe any of it. i dont think their beliefs are wrong but i dont believe theyre right.

anyway back on topic. dont let anyone choose for you. if you dont believe in the christian way, dont convert. heres something interesting you could do. flip a coin. if youre dissappointed with the result of the flip, you wanted the other choice and thats the one you should go with.

if i were you i would just take some time to think about it. do you want to convert only for pressure? or because you believe it is right to do? or do you want to stay wiccan because you believe in their customs(cant think of a better word).
Stick to your beliefs. I'm christian but NOBODY should ever force their beliefs on u. Just because u hear it doesnt mean its true or right.
Sweet Kandi
i dont think you should let others decide weither your beliefs are right or wrong. personally im atheist. i was christian when i was younger but then realized i didnt believe any of it. i dont think their beliefs are wrong but i dont believe theyre right.

anyway back on topic. dont let anyone choose for you. if you dont believe in the christian way, dont convert. heres something interesting you could do. flip a coin. if youre dissappointed with the result of the flip, you wanted the other choice and thats the one you should go with.

if i were you i would just take some time to think about it. do you want to convert only for pressure? or because you believe it is right to do? or do you want to stay wiccan because you believe in their customs(cant think of a better word).

is it just me, or does something just sound rediculous about founding your faith on a peice of currency?
Personally i'm polytheistic, meaning i believe in more than one god or somewhat religion...i am supposed to be a buddhist but i have gone to youth groups and they are really fun cause i'm with my friends, then again at one point i was considering wiccan after researching and finding all the thing about it. There is never a religion that is bad or wrong in my eyes, there are only people who use their religion in bad name...
whatever you do dont you dare give up your religion for the sake of pressure. then your just giving. your religion is better than theirs dont ever forget that. and if your boyfriend is pressuring you to follow something you dont believe in just because he does, then he shouldnt be your boyfriend. thats how i lost my last girlfriend. if you give it will just prve to everybody that wiccans break easily. and also, screw his friends. unless they have some direct impact on your relationship with your christian boyfriend, they have absolutely no importance. respect yourself and your religion.
Lone Wolf~Philosopher
Sweet Kandi

is it just me, or does something just sound rediculous about founding your faith on a peice of currency?
??? i missed that
I am an outspoken and confrontational Pagan who's picked up a pretty bad reputation for confronting evangelical christians. I do't preach wicca over christianity, but I do preach tolerance. Any college students might want to ask Jed Smock about the Pagan (former methodist) at the UofA.

some religions win converts by making the individual feel like they are wrong or less of a person for not being that religion. If Chrisitianity makes you feel like a better person without the shame or other confusing factors, then convert. If following the path of the goddess is your way, then don't allow any ammount of heckling convert you.

I'm probably just repeating what everyone else says, but let's talk about your guy friend. Have you talked to him about your religion? Have you asked him to allow you to hold your own beliefs, or even if he repsects your beliefs? A real (boy)friend wouldn't make you so uncomfortable.

PM me if you need any advice or help, email or contact me on my board if I don't answer promptly.
1.) Tell them all the "truths" they've been fed are all lies and that they are actually celebrating pagan holidays ^-^ WEE!... i think I've kinda pissed my mom off on that one - heh only one child got confirmed out of 3... the other is an atheist and I'm... well just spiritual. ^-^ and a practicing druidess ^-^

2.)Stop going to those damned youth groups!!! simple... my mom made me go to 2 different churches. the first one on my first day had a speaker that basically said we all were living in sin and that "all those who aren't christian are going to burn in hell" yes he actually said that... to highschoolers!!! gonk And the second o.O well let's just say I didn't follow through with it. I didn't inhale. infact I threw the cup of kool aid back at them and asked questions that they didn't like to think about.
good one, Why do christians celebrate the easter bunny? and why do christians decorate a tree? and why do christians celebrate halloween? oh oh oh! and who's land was this church built on? Is it ok for me to take birthcontrol - even for JUST hormonal reasons? If god loves all of his children then why can't he love ALL of the ones he made? Why do I have to talk to a human when I can just sit quietly and think to god? If god talks to me am I considered crazy right off the bat? if so... does that mean god is crazy for talking to me? Why does the christian faith hate homosexuals?, in a way they are a form of natural selection to keep humans from overpopulating and destroying ourselves.

o.O

3.) if you really wanna go to a youth group find out if there's a UU church near you. Unitarian Universalists accept all faiths and ideas (well except ones that cause harm to other living humans). Heh it's why I'm spiritual I'm born raised Catholic, Unitarian Universalist, and questing wiccan

4.) lastly, they can never force you to do something that you don't want to do. The conquistadors are no longer around and the Lord & Lady will always have your side ^-^
Just because others are telling you that your beliefs are wrong doesn't make them wrong. There is no one correct religion, so you should just choose what you want to believe/not believe in. Simple as that.
black_rabbit9
hi, ive been a wiccan for a year now, and since my boyfriend has been taking me to his christian youth group. ive been feelig pressured to become a christian.....they keep telling me that my beliefs are wrong and stuff. plus i herd my boyfriend and his friends have recently been baptised and i feel unusually hurt about that.
and i just don't know what to do. should i just give in to these people and give up on my beliefs?
i just feel so lost....

don't let any one suck you into Chirstanity or any religion choose your own path. (the first post where it didn't end in "or you'll end up like me" I posted in a long time)
Im chrisitian but im gonna say dont make them guilt you into being christian, as much as im chrisitian, i still have my doubt about it. Considering that they all went and told me my Japanese Family (all shinto) are going to hell aslong with my mother and grandmother so im basiccally pissed at that. Be what you wann be thats my advice.
He shouldn't be pressuring you do that for any reason. Free country, remember? They are not showing respect in regards to your beliefs, and that is even more unfair considering you have been courteous to their faith. Ultimatly the choice should be yours. Note yours, not someone elses. There is nothing wrong with whatever you choose, as long as you are being true to yourself. If you really do want to become a Christian, great, but if not, don't let them force you.
And if they are pressuring you, they're not your friends.
Minervalis
1.) Tell them all the "truths" they've been fed are all lies and that they are actually celebrating pagan holidays ^-^ WEE!... i think I've kinda pissed my mom off on that one - heh only one child got confirmed out of 3... the other is an atheist and I'm... well just spiritual. ^-^ and a practicing druidess ^-^

Y'know what today is? (er, nevermind, it's past 1AM here...know what yesterday was?)

Act Happy Day
Aries Begins
Memory Day
National Dance Day
Naw-Ruz (Baha'i New Year)
UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination
Wellderly Day
Johann Sebastian Bach's Birthday
Canberra Day (Australia)
New Years Day (India)
Noruz (Nauroze) [Iranian/Persian New Year]
Independence Day (Namibia)
Human Rights Day (South Africa)

Which one was first? Cuz, y'know, whichever one was FIRST is the REAL one, and we should tell anyone who's celebrating Bach's Birthday that HAHAHA omgzor, u r celebraitin leik a diffrunt holdiay!

http://www.holidays.net/dailys.htm

Seriously, if I'm celebrating a certain holiday, even if it was at one point another holiday and was transformed by Christians of old, I'm STILL celebrating a certain thing that wasn't pagan.

Quote:
2.)Stop going to those damned youth groups!!! simple... my mom made me go to 2 different churches. the first one on my first day had a speaker that basically said we all were living in sin and that "all those who aren't christian are going to burn in hell" yes he actually said that... to highschoolers!!! gonk And the second o.O well let's just say I didn't follow through with it. I didn't inhale. infact I threw the cup of kool aid back at them and asked questions that they didn't like to think about.
good one, Why do christians celebrate the easter bunny? and why do christians decorate a tree? and why do christians celebrate halloween? oh oh oh! and who's land was this church built on? Is it ok for me to take birthcontrol - even for JUST hormonal reasons? If god loves all of his children then why can't he love ALL of the ones he made? Why do I have to talk to a human when I can just sit quietly and think to god? If god talks to me am I considered crazy right off the bat? if so... does that mean god is crazy for talking to me? Why does the christian faith hate homosexuals?, in a way they are a form of natural selection to keep humans from overpopulating and destroying ourselves.

o.O

Most Christians that I know don't celebrate easter bunnies. The only reason we decorate a tree is tradition, and most of our ornaments are religious. Birth control is a strange issue, and I don't know enough about treatment re: hormonal imbalances to know whether there are other options, and I'm certainly more in favor of birth control than of abortion... He loves ALL, that's one of those crazy misconceptions about the whole "Hell" thing. Do you have to talk to a human? (Are you talking about Confessions, like stereotypical Catholic talk-to-the-priest-in-a-box thing?) Christians probably wouldn't consider you crazy, unless God said something like "Hey, Gouda is evil, you shall only eat Cheddar! Mwahaha!" Some Christians may hate homosexuals, the faith itself does not; many believe the faith says homosexuality is a SIN, in which case, that does not mean it's any worse than adultery, lying, stealing, cheating, etc (the moral of the story? Some Christians do silly things, and you shouldn't necessarily take their actions/claims as true Christianity).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff