Welcome to Gaia! ::

t was back in August that I started talking to this girl. It was around the start of august and we were really hitting it off. Then near the end of August she got weird all of the sudden and told me that she was going through things, but she liked me. She made me a deal (it was a rather long message) here is the quote.

"ok so, I'm going to be completely honest with you. I think you're cute, cool, and so on, but I have some ill timed garbage happening right now. As you said this morning I seemed off. I'm way stressed out and just realized that I have quite a situation on my hands. Nothing I can't handle, just something that no one else needs to be involved in. So how about I make you a deal.

I like you. And I don't want poor timing to **** anything up. I am more than likely going to be moody and drab for a few months. So how about we keep getting to know each other and be friends until I sort things out. That way neither of us jump into something and regret it because I'm a *****. In a few months, after I sort this all out and we get to know each other as friends we take it from there and see where things go? that way we don't screw up what could be at very least a good friendship. Sound ok?"

So I agreed. I tried talking to her every now an then in September but she wouldn't respond a lot or at all. Then she just plain forgot and stopped talking to me. Last week I tried to talk to her a bit via texting and got no response. I don't know what I did wrong or what I should do.
Stop making things more difficult than they are.

If she was truly interested in a relationship with you, she would make time to talk to you. It takes ten seconds to send a text that says, "I'm thinking about you." She wants to be friends when it's convenient for her. Relationships don't happen that way. See things for what they are.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well, it happened in August and you tried talking to her in September after she said she would need a few months. Give her some time & space. It could be a LOAD of things as to why she's not talking to you at the moment.

Either she's not sure how she feels about you, or maybe she has family/work/school stuff going on.

I remember when I was stressed over school & work, and I didn't talk to a single soul for a year. I mean, it doesn't hurt asking what she's up to and letting her know you'll be there, but let her talk to you on her time. If she get's back to you...

Hxllesthetic's Honey Bun

Married Waffles

16,675 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • There are two sides... 50
You shouldn't have to wait too long, one thing I know of a relationship is always its the emotions, if you are just the nice type then and she said she liked you, well if nothing happened yet since September then try making her a little jealous, spent some time with other girls, if she really wants you she'll be jealous because your spending your time with other girls and not her. Its also like this the more apart you are from each other the more you two want each other, but it also has a down side the more time apart the more the thought apart is easier to find someone else.
There is always an up and down side to anything.
Maybe her phone was broken and she needed to get a new one and lost your number.
She said she didn't want to ruin a good friendship, and when it comes to friendship with girls, face it once in the friend zone it's the end of the might have been future.
But look up kid, it's nothing to trouble yourself over, girls are indecieve when it's about love or relation, it's easy to a guy because we go after what we want and fight for it.
(Sorry for that ladies, but it's a pain to see a girl cry about when you can't find a nice guy who would do anything for you, especially if that man is in your friend zone, it's just plain stupid)

Fashionable Capitalist

I'm not sure what you don't understand. She was very clear, I think.

Give her space. If you keep pestering her, maybe she'll rethink her liking of you.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
I dont think there was anyhtign you did wrong, she just said I dont want to date you, left it open for another time then didnt want to.
All the advice you need has already been said. Give her the space she told you she'd need . You DID agree to that.

Lonely Phantom

9,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Let it go man.... just let it go. Girls like that are trouble. You dont want the ones who are messed up and want to handle all their problems by their lonesome. You want the one who has problems to talk to you, and trust you.

This just smells bad.

Gawker

As most have said, give her space. She said she needed a few months. It's only October now. She'll come to you when/if she's ready.

Dapper Millionaire

You're pestering her by texting her too much right now, give her her space. Let her come to you when she feels ready. She already said she didn't want to screw anything up by letting you get close/involved while she's going through some things, but you're trying to anyway.
Been good lately. I do have to deal with her when she comes into the store. I am just casual and playful. Nothing big or intrusive. She seems to smile and joke around with me.

Wish there was a more definite answer to any of this...
There's nothing more you can do. Just wait it out and see what happens. If a few months pass and she hasn't gotten back to you try making one last effort to reach her. If no response then you have your answer.
Lil Bobeena
There's nothing more you can do. Just wait it out and see what happens. If a few months pass and she hasn't gotten back to you try making one last effort to reach her. If no response then you have your answer.

I see her at work and for the past two weeks I just treat her like a friend. Not intrusive but playful. I get her smiling and I don't text or talk to her outside of work. She smilies and laughs so maybe that is all I can do.

but why would a woman do this? And not like just be honest with me? Espcially since I told her I am pretty much straight forward and don't like to be strung around.
stoicpaladin
Lil Bobeena

I see her at work and for the past two weeks I just treat her like a friend. Not intrusive but playful. I get her smiling and I don't text or talk to her outside of work. She smilies and laughs so maybe that is all I can do.

but why would a woman do this? And not like just be honest with me? Espcially since I told her I am pretty much straight forward and don't like to be strung around.

She is being honest with you. You're the one complicating things. She said she'd need a few months, you've only given her a month.
Calm down. Just because she's being friendly when she sees you doesn't mean she's stringing you along.
xDark_Realityx
stoicpaladin
Lil Bobeena

She is being honest with you. You're the one complicating things. She said she'd need a few months, you've only given her a month.
Calm down. Just because she's being friendly when she sees you doesn't mean she's stringing you along.

I know...

Look the good news is I have found some stuff that surfaced from my past and Monday I am going to to be seeing someone for some professional help. It's nothing crazy... just stuff that makes relationships a little crazy for me sometimes. So I am trying razz Maybe this little wait is good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff