Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello,

I'm desperately seeking the answer to the above question. What exactly is the thought process of someone who is consistently confident? Do you often ruminate on things that give you confidence, or are you just living in the moment?

I have this long term issue where I sporadically gain an abundace of confidence which is followed by returning to a state of high anxiety. My conciousness during each period consists of entirely different thought patterns, however, being in one state causes me to forget the thought pattern of the other, it's really confusing.

Both of the modes I feel are extreme. When confident I feel as though I could give a presidential speech and improvise the entire thing, when anxious I feel I'm a basket case.

Thanks for any feedback.

Questionable Prophet

I think to feel confident all the time is an unrealistic goal. Everyone has a moments or periods when they don't feel confident.
I'm usually a confident person, but I feel a bit crappy when I'm heading home from a long day of work in my scrubs on a Saturday night and I see all these girls just rocking it.

For me my confidence came from not caring what other people thought of me.
You've just got to stop associating things like appearance, intelligence, etc, with happiness.
You're not perfect and that's perfectly okay.

One thing that has helped me is to get out of my comfort zone.
Such as wearing clothing that I wasn't sure I could pull off, or a hair style or guessing the answer to a question in class, volunteering to read out loud in spite of my lisp.

The more you do things that make you uncomfortable the more power you'll have, and the more confidence. It gets easier every day.

At least that's the kind of stuff that worked for me. That's not a promise that it will.
No one is always confident, if so they are more often actually arrogant and delusional. Which isnt a good thing.

Ruminating in essence is always a bad thing, you dont do that about positive things, only negative. But you need to look at what is making you anxious. Is it realistic? Are you being rational? Is there other ways of looking at your worries? Are your fears logical?
Good responses. However, when I say consistent I'm more so referring too a day to day basis, rather than every single moment. My current cycle is usually 3 weeks anxiety/2 weeks confidence.

Bashful Bookworm

Fake it till you make it.
That's really all there is to it.

Did you know that smiling, even faking a smile, still releases endorphins and eventually can turn your fake smile into a real smile?

Pretend you're confident.
If you have questions ask.
If you ******** up, apologies.
You look very handsome in you're pic. Why not just use you're looks as a confidence source?

Smoker

Stephnananana

Fake it till you make it.
That's really all there is to it.

Did you know that smiling, even faking a smile, still releases endorphins and eventually can turn your fake smile into a real smile?

Pretend you're confident.
If you have questions ask.
If you ******** up, apologies.

This is what I do. Also, start listing good qualities of yourself in your head when you feel down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff