Welcome to Gaia! ::

this is saddening that i'm actually posting in a forum for advice, but i'm hoping someone will know what to do :3
my head's spinning, i feel like i'm going totally insane. i've been dating this guy, david, for eight months now, but the past few weeks we've been so on and off (it's all down to me being unsure, nothing to do with him) and i've been crushing on my friend, dom, for the longest time.. and then he goes and kisses me today just as i thought things with david were sorting themselves out ):

i don't know if it means anything at all to him, and if it does, what it meant.. but i was shaking for hours afterwards and could not concentrate on a damn thing.

i just have no idea what to do :3
any ideas..?
If you're unsure about being with you're boyfriend, then break it off and take a break. You will hit that point sometimes but if you're crushing on another guy for a long time, and he finally kisses you and it makes you shake, then maybe it's an idea that you're more interested in him. Text him, call him, facebook him, but ask him why he kissed you and what he felt. but johnny depp has a quote and it's somewhere along the lines of, if you're in love with a person, and you fall in love with another person and you can't pick, then go with the second one because if you were truly in love with the first you wouldn't have loved the second.
Well you should step back and look at it from a third person view. Obviously, your feelings for David are vanishing. It's not your fault, eventually you might get tired of a person. Especially if you guys don't focus on keeping this spontaneous. Personally I think, you need a break from David. Maybe some space will determine if you really do like him or if your over him and you should go after the new guy. Try, getting your feelings in order, really sit down and think. " What's best for me." In this situations you should think, " Me, Myself and I."
PrincessHimeSara
If you're unsure about being with you're boyfriend, then break it off and take a break. You will hit that point sometimes but if you're crushing on another guy for a long time, and he finally kisses you and it makes you shake, then maybe it's an idea that you're more interested in him. Text him, call him, facebook him, but ask him why he kissed you and what he felt. but johnny depp has a quote and it's somewhere along the lines of, if you're in love with a person, and you fall in love with another person and you can't pick, then go with the second one because if you were truly in love with the first you wouldn't have loved the second.

"Zane the Mystic"
Well you should step back and look at it from a third person view. Obviously, your feelings for David are vanishing. It's not your fault, eventually you might get tired of a person. Especially if you guys don't focus on keeping this spontaneous. Personally I think, you need a break from David. Maybe some space will determine if you really do like him or if your over him and you should go after the new guy. Try, getting your feelings in order, really sit down and think. " What's best for me." In this situations you should think, " Me, Myself and I."

that's kinda a beautiful quote :3 (princesshimesara)
thank you for the advice,
i've tried going on a break before.. but we always keep seeing each other, so it just falls apart and suddenly we're back together again.
and when i think about what's best for me it seems to be david, we have a steady relationship and i doubt that dom would ever be able to cope with that, especially considering he's going off to university this september ):

but i'm going to be seeing dom on wednesday so i'll ask all of the above mentioned questions fo'sho :3

thanks again (: <3
i agree with zane, i wish you well in whichever relationship you choose, but just because dom is going to college doesn't put him out of the running, i shouldn't think. sometimes distances makes the heart grow fonder (?) lol

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Well we cant tell you if you really like dom or you are just trying it put your emotions elsewhere because you arent getting what you want from david.

But the kiss is more of a concern. From what it sounds like you liked the kiss and let him, and you were oaky with it. And it doesnt matter what on and off part you are on, that is an issue. Because it is clear that dom likes you, but it isnt clear if you like him back. If you want to work things out with david, you need to set him straight and make it clear you and hima re just friends.
No need to rush these decisions! Tell David that Dom kissed you, and that it was random, unexpected and it really made you confused. You can ask for a break, to get your thoughts back together and think then. If David really cares about you, he'll understand that it's a really confusing series of events and give you the space you need. If you want to talk to Dom, tell him that you're on a break from David, but not because you want to be with him, but because you need time to think things through and get things straight.

PM or quote me if you wanna talk.
Aquarius Luck
No need to rush these decisions! Tell David that Dom kissed you, and that it was random, unexpected and it really made you confused. You can ask for a break, to get your thoughts back together and think then. If David really cares about you, he'll understand that it's a really confusing series of events and give you the space you need. If you want to talk to Dom, tell him that you're on a break from David, but not because you want to be with him, but because you need time to think things through and get things straight.

you're lovely! :3
that's probably a good idea, just poo'ing it a little about speaking to him about it, last time he found out me and dom were just cuddling he went apeshit ):
Shards of Sanity
Aquarius Luck

you're lovely! :3
that's probably a good idea, just poo'ing it a little about speaking to him about it, last time he found out me and dom were just cuddling he went apeshit ):

Yeah, boys are sensitive! Sometimes it's hard for boyfriends to understand why you have guy friends. But if Dom were a girl, it'd totally be okay to cuddle!

If he goes crazy, then take that into account. Why would you want to be with someone who goes crazy because DOM kissed YOU. Not the other way around. You had no control over it, it just happened. If David can't understand that, or refuses too, then take that into consideration.
Boys aren't insensitive, we just see things in a very straight forward manner. An explanation for that worry is pure guy logic: Boys in general often don't have a lot of friends who are girls(unless they are gay), and at best very good acquaintances. So when they see their girl with another guy having a particularly warm discussion it is worrying.

Tipsy Prophet

May I just say that the "you never loved the first person" quote is utter bullshit. It takes no account for the complexities of human emotions and is looking at things like a 9 year old. If all you ever needed was one person in your life, you'd only have one friend at a time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff