Welcome to Gaia! ::

that is sad about your friend.

I think you should tell everyone he knew. If they want to go they will. And hopefully they will be mature enough to respect the family. If not I really pity them.
<center>Maybe if they found out he died, they would want to talk with you again, and sort everything out.
I think you should send the invitations in the mail, and not confront them in person or over the phone, since that might bring up conflict, or they might not listen.

I'm really sorry your friend died.
It sounds horrible. cry
Leviticus can shove it
Tell them to stuff it and be respectful. Your friends are ********.

I'm really sorry about your friend.

I agree with this.
fireminion7
Mail them the invites. Along with something that says how you feel bad that your friends arguing and not being able to get past your petty differences caused him to slit his wrists.

In truth, I know your not supposed to say this, but it is all of your faults.

You're cruel. A person doesn't just commite suicide because their friends don't talk to them. It's more. sometimes inballences in their brains seritonin levels or behavioural problems like personality disorders. If he moved north he may not have got enough sunlight (which produced vitamin D a mood booster) to maintain his mood. Suicide is basicly an emotional heart attack, and though we might of been able to do something about it chances were good his mind was set.
kittenfromhell
a friend of mine recently committed sucide. he was 17 years old. He used to live here in florida and had oodles of friends down here, but his parents moved him up north, and he stopped making friends. He was really depressed. On his 17th birthday, his parents sent him down here to visit with all of us in the group. Unfortunatly, not many of us were still friends due to arguments. So when he asked to get all of us together to hang out, he couldn't and had to do seperate things with us, to accomidate our fights. I tried to get the group together one last time for him, but they refused and didn't want to talk to me. The night before he left, he slit his wrists and his brother found him dead in the hotel room. He called me up and told me the news. Now we're faced with the funeral invitations. They ask that I invite those poeple that he was friends with.

my problem is that none of them want to talk to me, and that i'm afraid there will be problems at the wake and burial. How do you think I should handle this?

I too had a close friend commite suicide, and his friends, who only seemed to like him off and on, all turned up to his funeral. Guilt will motivate them. Trust me. As for you and your hurt feelings I suggest you make it very clear, using feeling words like "I feel hurt, and Im angry with this-". Most people will realize they hurt you and try to correct the problem.
Mail them the invites. Along with something that says how you feel bad that your friends arguing and not being able to get past your petty differences caused him to slit his wrists.

In truth, I know your not supposed to say this, but it is all of your faults.
"Mistwolf_Demoness_Kinght"]Well, this is important so tell them all and if they want to come and say goodbye it's their choice. that or just invite the peoplethat were closest to him. And I'm very sorry... I know what it's like to loose someone close to you. Best of luck and my sympathies.

Original Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Send them the invatations. If they have any heart in them at all they will put their differences aside for one day. I'm sorry for your loss.
kittenfromhell
a friend of mine recently committed sucide. he was 17 years old. He used to live here in florida and had oodles of friends down here, but his parents moved him up north, and he stopped making friends. He was really depressed. On his 17th birthday, his parents sent him down here to visit with all of us in the group. Unfortunatly, not many of us were still friends due to arguments. So when he asked to get all of us together to hang out, he couldn't and had to do seperate things with us, to accomidate our fights. I tried to get the group together one last time for him, but they refused and didn't want to talk to me. The night before he left, he slit his wrists and his brother found him dead in the hotel room. He called me up and told me the news. Now we're faced with the funeral invitations. They ask that I invite those poeple that he was friends with.

my problem is that none of them want to talk to me, and that i'm afraid there will be problems at the wake and burial. How do you think I should handle this?

Explain to them to be good and not to screw it up. Explain to them what happened and hopefully they will listen. Other then that I can't help much. Sorry
If you feel that it's what your friend would've wanted, then invite them all. There may be bickering at the funeral, but on the invites say something like " I know we don't get along anymore, but this funeral, it's not about us, it's about him, and I'd rather not make it about us so if you have anything to sayt to me, please try to do so afterwards" Or something to that affect.

nuGen Staff Gaian

200 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Gaian 50
if they have any heart at all, they're realize they were being stupid and will go to his funeral
Well, this is important so tell them all and if they want to come and say goodbye it's their choice. that or just invite the peoplethat were closest to him.
And I'm very sorry... I know what it's like to loose someone close to you. Best of luck and my sympathies.
I would send out the invitations, I guess. Hopefully after this they will be able to reconcile their differences.
My sympathies....
Tell them to stuff it and be respectful. Your friends are ********.

I'm really sorry about your friend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff