Welcome to Gaia! ::

[x]

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

Obviously you did do something wrong. You trash talked about her behind her back and when she does something you don't like for a umpteenth time, you want to act like she should have known from the start. and plus if it is common for her to post comments like that, you should have said something back then and not wait to let him snap. Venting your frustrations to each other is not going to help because the person you vented about still doesn't know you have a problem with what they are doing. You could have handled that better and there is nothing at all civil when it comes to talking about someone behind their back.
Lashuri Chan

Obviously you did do something wrong. You trash talked about her behind her back and when she does something you don't like for a umpteenth time, you want to act like she should have known from the start. and plus if it is common for her to post comments like that, you should have said something back then and not wait to let him snap. Venting your frustrations to each other is not going to help because the person you vented about still doesn't know you have a problem with what they are doing. You could have handled that better and there is nothing at all civil when it comes to talking about someone behind their back.

I know it's wrong to talk about someone behind their back. We know it's wrong. But we can't express our feelings accurately in front of other people. We then just decided to share what we think of her. And it's not really trash talking we did, I would usually just share stories of how she treats me. I don't call her bad things like a 'b*tch' or something. Just unnecessary and inappropriate.

And I also told her to stop sometimes, but she doesn't take the hint. My exact words are 'Please stop it, we're not together, it's never going to happen'. I showed her dozens of times that I am already irritated to the point were we ignore her comments about us. It's just that one time that he definitely snapped at her.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/k/a/kawaiiipandamuffiiin.gif?10 ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/k/a/kawaiiipandamuffiiin.gif?10

I know it's wrong to talk about someone behind their back. We know it's wrong. But we can't express our feelings accurately in front of other people. We then just decided to share what we think of her. And it's not really trash talking we did, I would usually just share stories of how she treats me. I don't call her bad things like a 'b*tch' or something. Just unnecessary and inappropriate.

And I also told her to stop sometimes, but she doesn't take the hint. My exact words are 'Please stop it, we're not together, it's never going to happen'. I showed her dozens of times that I am already irritated to the point were we ignore her comments about us. It's just that one time that he definitely snapped at her.

and this is probably why she isn't getting the hint or taking it seriously because you aren't firm about it. Instead of the whole
'oh please stop it because that isn't true," tell her to knock it off and that he is just a really good friend and FYI guys and girls can be friends without having feelings for each other. Just tell her like it is and stop being so.....wimpy about it.

I can understand her logic about the picture too. It was on your wall and you posted the picture so for him to have a problem with it.......it's like well why aren't you saying something?

Like for example if someone told me right now I was being rude on your topic I would get an attitude with them and be confused because this isn't their topic and you didn't tell me I was being rude. So for someone else to have a problem with it makes no sense to me and it isn't their business. That would be between me and you. Like the whole picture/comment thing is between you and her. That was your picture on your wall so if you have a problem with what she saying, you stand up to her and say something about it.
Quit being a fake a** friend and ditch the "treasure acquaintance". It isn't being "civil" when it's actually trash talk. It's being fake. A fake friend who pretends to be friends with somebody when they really aren't.

You are all immature here. You need to grow up and just confront her about how the teasing makes you feel. Obviously you don't like it, WHY didn't you tell her earlier instead of having your best friend snap at her? Quit being such a push over about it.

And if she didn't respect that, why even continue being "friends" then with somebody who disrespects your boundaries? Stop talking to her and make new friends. You and your best friend were also part of the problem.

As for her, she needs to get over it and move on. She's being all irritated over something that is tiny and throws it out of proportion.

Stop using her and being fake just because she's your only friend at school. I can see why you don't have many friends because if they found out how much of a fake you are, I wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore either.

You need to stop being a pushover and stop being friends with her. You are better off without each other.

I'd be mad too if I were her.
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/k/a/kawaiiipandamuffiiin.gif?10 ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/k/a/kawaiiipandamuffiiin.gif?10

and this is probably why she isn't getting the hint or taking it seriously because you aren't firm about it. Instead of the whole
'oh please stop it because that isn't true," tell her to knock it off and that he is just a really good friend and FYI guys and girls can be friends without having feelings for each other. Just tell her like it is and stop being so.....wimpy about it.

I can understand her logic about the picture too. It was on your wall and you posted the picture so for him to have a problem with it.......it's like well why aren't you saying something?

Like for example if someone told me right now I was being rude on your topic I would get an attitude with them and be confused because this isn't their topic and you didn't tell me I was being rude. So for someone else to have a problem with it makes no sense to me and it isn't their business. That would be between me and you. Like the whole picture/comment thing is between you and her. That was your picture on your wall so if you have a problem with what she saying, you stand up to her and say something about it.

Sorry for being wimpy but it;s hard for me to confront people. But as for telling her about how I feel, I already got that down last night when I told her to knock it off and leave him alone. I already said something to her and at least she agreed to never speak to him again. I don't know if she will still speak to me though.

As for her comment. What you said is true but HE was in the picture and she was teasing HIM too. So of course he is in this too and that he has the right to stand up for himself.

In your case, if ever you are being rude here and someone interrupts you then they definitely have no right to do that because I did not post about the person who interrupted. That's just how I saw it.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan

Sorry for being wimpy but it;s hard for me to confront people. But as for telling her about how I feel, I already got that down last night when I told her to knock it off and leave him alone. I already said something to her and at least she agreed to never speak to him again. I don't know if she will still speak to me though.

As for her comment. What you said is true but HE was in the picture and she was teasing HIM too. So of course he is in this too and that he has the right to stand up for himself.

In your case, if ever you are being rude here and someone interrupts you then they definitely have no right to do that because I did not post about the person who interrupted. That's just how I saw it.

Don't apologize to me, it's not my situation, it's yours. I don't think she needs to stop speaking to him but rather not make those comments. Sounds like though she was speaking out of anger. Like if he is the one who has a problem with her then she just won't talk to him.

And who cares if he was in the picture. YOU uploaded it to YOUR wall. KNOWING she says things like that. and if all she said was oh you two are in your bedroom I know what's up, then you two are overly sensitive and once again it just goes to show you telling her how you feel isn't going to do much unless you get firm with her if you really don't like those comments. Instead of letting him reply, you should have said something. That was another chance at telling her to stop being there is nothing with friends of the opposite sex being in the same room.
StreetchIck123
Quit being a fake a** friend and ditch the "treasure acquaintance". It isn't being "civil" when it's actually trash talk. It's being fake. A fake friend who pretends to be friends with somebody when they really aren't.

You are all immature here. You need to grow up and just confront her about how the teasing makes you feel. Obviously you don't like it, WHY didn't you tell her earlier instead of having your best friend snap at her? Quit being such a push over about it.

And if she didn't respect that, why even continue being "friends" then with somebody who disrespects your boundaries? Stop talking to her and make new friends. You and your best friend were also part of the problem.

As for her, she needs to get over it and move on. She's being all irritated over something that is tiny and throws it out of proportion.

Stop using her and being fake just because she's your only friend at school. I can see why you don't have many friends because if they found out how much of a fake you are, I wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore either.

You need to stop being a pushover and stop being friends with her. You are better off without each other.

I'd be mad too if I were her.

Yes I admit being fake to her, if that's what you call it. But I genuinely like her as a 'friend'. I enjoy her company and we agree with things most of the time. I like her but she does things that make me uncomfortable and mad sometimes. Surely you have friends r acquaintances that has annoying habbits or does irritating things to you but you let it pass because you kind of like them? :/

I am not using her, if that's your concern. Yes, I befriended her because she is the only one who talks to me at school, but that did not mean I had the intent of using her. We just happen to hang out with each other a lot until it formed into this acquaintanceship or friendship.

I don't have friends because I'm afraid of other people. I'm not really a social butterfly.

Also, I did tell her that before. We had confronted each other about it. I already found out my problem from another commenter here. I wasn't firm enough that it did not convince her.
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan

Don't apologize to me, it's not my situation, it's yours. I don't think she needs to stop speaking to him but rather not make those comments. Sounds like though she was speaking out of anger. Like if he is the one who has a problem with her then she just won't talk to him.

And who cares if he was in the picture. YOU uploaded it to YOUR wall. KNOWING she says things like that. and if all she said was oh you two are in your bedroom I know what's up, then you two are overly sensitive and once again it just goes to show you telling her how you feel isn't going to do much unless you get firm with her if you really don't like those comments. Instead of letting him reply, you should have said something. That was another chance at telling her to stop being there is nothing with friends of the opposite sex being in the same room.

They haven't talked yet. I was the one talking to her last night, he hasn't responded since that reply back to her. I was the one who confronted her about it.

I know that, I know I have to suck it up if I want to post a picture of us then deal with her comments. But I also can't control what my friend will reply to her. So if ever she is mad at me then I will not get her logic because I did not do anything to her.

Is it bad being sensitive when everyone we ever meet teases us together? Even my classmates who haven't met my bestfriend teases us. All because they saw a picture of us together with her comments on it. You get defensive after a while. We know we are also at fault here, I acknowledge that. It's just not fair because we are not the ones who started it nor did we ask for this.

Backstabbing is bad, keeping opinions to yourself and not confronting others about it is bad. But we were just minding our own business at first. We're no better and you may call us [especially me] horrible people, but we never wanted this. I did not mean to get her or my friend upset. Even if there are things I disliked about her and I know I have been a bad fake friend to her, I still liked her. This friend is not someone I hang out with just because, we made a bond too, it's just that there are a couple of things that I don't like about her. Don't you have friends like that?

My real concern here is, I don't want to lose her.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan

They haven't talked yet. I was the one talking to her last night, he hasn't responded since that reply back to her. I was the one who confronted her about it.

I know that, I know I have to suck it up if I want to post a picture of us then deal with her comments. But I also can't control what my friend will reply to her. So if ever she is mad at me then I will not get her logic because I did not do anything to her.

Is it bad being sensitive when everyone we ever meet teases us together? Even my classmates who haven't met my bestfriend teases us. All because they saw a picture of us together with her comments on it. You get defensive after a while. We know we are also at fault here, I acknowledge that. It's just not fair because we are not the ones who started it nor did we ask for this.

Backstabbing is bad, keeping opinions to yourself and not confronting others about it is bad. But we were just minding our own business at first. We're no better and you may call us [especially me] horrible people, but we never wanted this. I did not mean to get her or my friend upset. Even if there are things I disliked about her and I know I have been a bad fake friend to her, I still liked her. This friend is not someone I hang out with just because, we made a bond too, it's just that there are a couple of things that I don't like about her. Don't you have friends like that?

Oh my bad, I was under the impression you and your friend were still in your room when you uploaded the picture and she sid something. You know you can set it so certain people can see what you post right? But then that just goes back to stop being her friend if you don't like her comments or set her straight with the opposite sex thing.

I don't get why you would be sensitive and get mad over it. I have had it happen to me many time back in school. When I walked with my guy friend people would ask if we were dating and we said no. And people said we should date. We never took it seriously or got mad about it. It's just a narrowed minded view people have. Oh two people of the opposite sex are walking together? They must be dating and if not, they should. Who the ******** cares?

I never said you were a horrible person. Just because you talk about someone behind their back doesn't make your all of a sudden horrible. It just makes you look two faced and a coward if you can;t say those words to her face.

Actually I used to have a friend that and I dropped her last year.

I do suggest that you three get together and attempt to work it out. Maybe this can be salvaged. Don't ambush her, but you and your friend tell her that what she says bother you both and you want her stop but at the same time it shouldn't have to result in her not talking to him. Surely they can get along and maybe the three if you can all hang out. I mean if she is a good person like you say then she should be one of those people who will listen and take into consideration what you say. But like another user said if she still does it.......how close can you two really be? It's like she knows and doesn't care. You shouldn't have to really tell her over three times that those comments bother you.
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan

Oh my bad, I was under the impression you and your friend were still in your room when you uploaded the picture and she sid something. You know you can set it so certain people can see what you post right? But then that just goes back to stop being her friend if you don't like her comments or set her straight with the opposite sex thing.

I don't get why you would be sensitive and get mad over it. I have had it happen to me many time back in school. When I walked with my guy friend people would ask if we were dating and we said no. And people said we should date. We never took it seriously or got mad about it. It's just a narrowed minded view people have. Oh two people of the opposite sex are walking together? They must be dating and if not, they should. Who the ******** cares?

I never said you were a horrible person. Just because you talk about someone behind their back doesn't make your all of a sudden horrible. It just makes you look two faced and a coward if you can;t say those words to her face.

I do suggest that you three get together and attempt to work it out. Maybe this can be salvaged. Don't ambush her, but you and your friend tell her that what she says bother you both and you want her stop but at the same time it shouldn't have to result in her not talking to him. Surely they can get along and maybe the three if you can all hang out. I mean if she is a good person like you say then she should be one of those people who will listen and take into consideration what you say. But like another user said if she still does it.......how close can you two really be? It's like she knows and doesn't care. You shouldn't have to really tell her over three times that those comments bother you.

Oh no, he left before I posted it. Sorry I did not make it clear ^^;

Well, It actually did not bother me usually. That was why I wasn't firm with her, I passed it off as a harmless joke. It's just that it gets old, and I did not like how everyone does this to us. Every time I imply that I am with him or was hanging out with him, she and others will tease me. It gets old and starts being irritating, especially when they tease you in a bad time.

Well I realized that I was being a fake friend to her. That is why I was a horrible person. I hated fake friends to the point that I realize now that I am one of them. I did care and like that girl and we usually work out those differences we had and not just tolerate them. It may not be much as far as friends goes, but we are still friends. I acknowledge the coward part, but I can't really tell her those thing like 'Stop being too frank with me' or 'Stop being so sarcastic all the time! I am asking you a serious question'. I can't do it sad not yet, at least.

I am actually talking to her right now. She is convinced she won't talk to him anymore but I said to her this:

'I don't want you guys to fight. I know he also did something bad and it's not fair for you. Let me talk to him and convince him to talk to you'.

for now, she hasn't replied.
See it isnt her fault. It is yours. You didnt tell her at any point that it bothered you, as saying you arent together isnt the same as saying that it is annoying and to stop...then he got unreasonably mad at her. How else would she react besides be upset that she got yelled at for somethign she thought was okay? She cant read your mind, she wouldnt ever know it was annoying unless you told her. Instead of just doing that and avoiding this stupid drama, you talked behind her back while being nice to her face because you can use her. She isnt even really your friend as you admit, you only talk to her because of what she can do for you. Which does make you horrible.

Tell the bestie to stop being a stupid a**, apolgoize on his behalf to the girl. She will likely stop now that he got on her a** about it, although really it isnt somethign to get angry about. Chances are she will get over it and not be so mad that she wont be your friend, but maybe she will be smart enough to realize that you are a shitty friend and drop you soon enough.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan
kimbap-chan
Lashuri Chan

Oh no, he left before I posted it. Sorry I did not make it clear ^^;

Well, It actually did not bother me usually. That was why I wasn't firm with her, I passed it off as a harmless joke. It's just that it gets old, and I did not like how everyone does this to us. Every time I imply that I am with him or was hanging out with him, she and others will tease me. It gets old and starts being irritating, especially when they tease you in a bad time.

Well I realized that I was being a fake friend to her. That is why I was a horrible person. I hated fake friends to the point that I realize now that I am one of them. I did care and like that girl and we usually work out those differences we had and not just tolerate them. It may not be much as far as friends goes, but we are still friends. I acknowledge the coward part, but I can't really tell her those thing like 'Stop being too frank with me' or 'Stop being so sarcastic all the time! I am asking you a serious question'. I can't do it sad not yet, at least.

I am actually talking to her right now. She is convinced she won't talk to him anymore but I said to her this:

'I don't want you guys to fight. I know he also did something bad and it's not fair for you. Let me talk to him and convince him to talk to you'.

for now, she hasn't replied.

I get that jokes and teasing can be annoying if someone does it constantly. I have dealt with that in my family, just not with strangers because I couldn't care less. I guess there is just something about a girl and guy hanging out all the time that just......gets people talking and teasing and it can be annoying because not all guy and girl friendships turn into relationships and it just seems like the people you hang with just don't grasp that. so the best you can do is ignore them or get a little bitchy with it and have an attitude. I mean after a while of telling someone the same thing over and over, sometimes you do have to be rude about it for the point to get across.

Well.....honestly.....you can't really say you didn't ask for it if you're not going to tell her off. If you're going to keep acting like a timid victim and not tell her off or in a firm tone to stop then you might as well deal with it.

If she doesn't want to talk to him, then don't try to get him to talk to her. don't force her to do something she doesn't want to do. If anything being behind the computer should give you a little courage to get her to see how those comments make you feel and why he snapped all of a sudden.
legnanellaf5
See it isnt her fault. It is yours. You didnt tell her at any point that it bothered you, as saying you arent together isnt the same as saying that it is annoying and to stop...then he got unreasonably mad at her. How else would she react besides be upset that she got yelled at for somethign she thought was okay? She cant read your mind, she wouldnt ever know it was annoying unless you told her. Instead of just doing that and avoiding this stupid drama, you talked behind her back while being nice to her face because you can use her. She isnt even really your friend as you admit, you only talk to her because of what she can do for you. Which does make you horrible.

Tell the bestie to stop being a stupid a**, apolgoize on his behalf to the girl. She will likely stop now that he got on her a** about it, although really it isnt somethign to get angry about. Chances are she will get over it and not be so mad that she wont be your friend, but maybe she will be smart enough to realize that you are a shitty friend and drop you soon enough.

two people have already made me realize how much of a fake friend and a horrible person I am, I get it. But I am not using her just because she helps me out. We were in the same school, we hang out and talk a lot to the point where we became friends. That's it. There are things I don't like about her, but not everyone is perfect or incredibly bestie-material. We have out differences, I am also surely not a perfect friend for her but we get by. I still acknowledge her as an acquaintance and a friend.

Yes, it is my fault, I was also made to realize that. I am trying to talk to her right now and I am also trying to convince him to talk to her at least. I don't want to end up losing any of my friends.

Fine... thankyou for calling me a shitty friend. I know backstabbing is bad, I was in both sides of the coin. I can't stop it because he is the only one I entrust my feelings and opinions to, and when I feel frustrated and upset, I tell him what I feel. It just so happens some of the topics were of her and how she rubs onto me badly sometimes. We usually mind our on business and I am not always nice to her. When I am mad, i show that I am mad. There are just some things I cannot tell her.

Quotable Conventioneer

11,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
It sounds to me like there is mutual blame here, mostly because of a lack of communication between you. (Her not understanding that it bothers you and you not making it clear to her, as well as talking behind her back.) I have a friend sort of like this, but she's never made comments like that. (Mostly because there was never any opportunity for it, but still.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff