Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm going to get a tattoo. I'd just like to know ahead of time...

How much does it hurt?

I have an okay pain threshold, I'd just like to know. I've heard many people say it doesn't hurt that much, and some people say that it hurts worse than anything in the world, so...o_O Yeah. Help?
I GOT A TATOO AND IT HURTS SO BAD
THEY SUCK
It depends on your tolerance to pain. If you don't like pain, it's going to hurt real bad.
It depends on where you get it as to where it hurts, it also depends on your tolerance to pain and what needles they're using. Usually the outline hurts more than filling in because its a different needle and you haven't numbed to the pain yet.

I have one on my shoulderblade, I didn't think it hurt at all.
Can anyone give a pain comparison....?

I'm pretty much average when it comes to pain tolerance.
unknwndreamer
It depends on where you get it as to where it hurts, it also depends on your tolerance to pain and what needles they're using. Usually the outline hurts more than filling in because its a different needle and you haven't numbed to the pain yet.

I have one on my shoulderblade, I didn't think it hurt at all.

Thank you ^^
c o m a w h i t e

Well, what kind of comparison do you need? You're having a needle being stuck into your body, I think that's explanation enough.
c o m a w h i t e

It's different for everyone. It also depends where you get it, if its a boney place (feet, wrists, ankles, knees, spine, etc) expect a good amount of pain. Places with more meat are less likely to hurt. I'm told the stomach is quite painful as is the back of legs and the underneath of your arms. Though those were told to me.
I find that the shading hurts me worse than the outline does because so much more time is spent on that patch that the skin kind of gets raw.
As others have said, it mostly depends on placement. If it's put over muscle it could hurt like hell. One on my forearm, I barely felt and the one on my leg made me utter quite the chain of obscenities.
It depends a lot on where it is - it will hurt more if it's over a bone. The tattoo I got on my thigh didn't hurt at all (I actually enjoyed the feeling) though I do have a fairly high pain tolerance anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff