Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Smoker

A friend of a friend was a sugar baby, who told my friend about it, who signed up on a site and told me about it. She hasn't met anyone yet though, but HER friend has had ones before who she didn't sleep with, just went on dates with and got paid for.

I was also reading an article in a magazine about it, and how risky it can be. Has anyone done it first hand? I wouldn't be able to have sex for anything like that for money (which will probably make it hard to find a sugar daddy I guess), but I think I'm fairly attractive and fun to be with. It would be interesting to meet a nice guy who would actually pay for my time, though they probably would want more after a while...

I'm also worried about someone I know finding me on one of those sites. I could just say "Oh, a friend told me to sign up." or whatever I guess. I suppose I shouldn't have any shame about it if I do it an actually enjoy it, right?

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Find another way to make money. All you need is 1 guy with issues who thinks because he paid to date you, he controls you.. and you could end up dead. And no matter what you tell people, when they find out, and they will find out if it's online, you'll always have that stigma over your head. Doesn't mean you were a street walker, but nobody is gonna think "oh she gets paid to go on dates with guys." stare

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Genkai taught me well
Find another way to make money. All you need is 1 guy with issues who thinks because he paid to date you, he controls you.. and you could end up dead. And no matter what you tell people, when they find out, and they will find out if it's online, you'll always have that stigma over your head. Doesn't mean you were a street walker, but nobody is gonna think "oh she gets paid to go on dates with guys." stare

I agree with this, but it's probably because I've seen a lot of serial killer movies that start out like this.
1) Are you fully aware of every risk factor?

2) Aryou thaty esperate for attention from guys?

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Little Dead Soldier
Genkai taught me well

I agree with this, but it's probably because I've seen a lot of serial killer movies that start out like this.
The movies don't even come close to what happens in real life.

Green Smoker

User Image

if you want to be a call girl, do it safely. move to nevada and live in a brothel.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Genkai taught me well
Find another way to make money. All you need is 1 guy with issues who thinks because he paid to date you, he controls you.. and you could end up dead.

That's kind of the risk with ANY person you date that buys you dinner or gets you a gift...

Peculiar Doll

br0wneyed-babe
Has anyone done it first hand?
I've done this for the BBW market. I never had sex with clients and I turned down those who wanted sex. My clients wanted a girl to give money to/spoil, so I sent them pictures of things I'd bought with their money, or with things they'd bought for me. We'd go out for lunch together, or on a 'date', and that was that. No sex, no kissing, just fun. It's selling your time, not your body. There is absolutely nothing wrong with selling either as long as it is consensual for all involved.

You have to set up safe calls. Plural.
You have to make sure it all happens in a public place - no going to their homes, no inviting them to your place, no hotel rooms. Public places.
It helps to have someone safe at the same venue in case something goes wrong.

They enjoy spending their money on girls - whichever type is their preference. They like to see girls having fun with their money. You don't need to have sex with them or feel pressured into doing anything you don't want to do.

Genius

9,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Court of Owls
Genkai taught me well
Find another way to make money. All you need is 1 guy with issues who thinks because he paid to date you, he controls you.. and you could end up dead.

That's kind of the risk with ANY person you date that buys you dinner or gets you a gift...
I feel like blind dates with strangers that find you on a shady website will carry a much more significant risk of violent assault than just a regular date between 2 people who met in much different circumstances.
Genkai taught me well

You should look up sugar baby stories/experiences. Some are actually pretty nice. The few stories I've read are actually post-sugar babies that now have a family and kids and a job.
No sugar baby will ever meet a guy they just met. They usually talk to him for a couple of months to develop a "relationship". First through a chat site, then text and then maybe the phone. When they first meet, it's usually at a public place. Likewise, there's a few sugar daddies out there that do not want the "relationship" to be all about money.
If the sugar daddy becomes too clingy and tries to control you, you get out of there, delete all contacts of him, and find another sugar daddy.

Bashful Bookworm

If you want to be someones sugar baby make sure you talk with them before hand before going out with them. Treat it like online dating.
Get to know their morals, lay down ground rules (like weather or not sex is an option) and get to know them as well.
If anything seems fishy to you, cut contact with them.
and when you do go to meet up, make it somewhere public, tell a close friend / family member, and do this for a while until you believe you can trust them.
Get a normal job, and get paid for your hard work. It's too dangerous and risky but that's my opinion.
To be honest, I've actually signed up with one of those sites before and I have to say beware of them. I agree with what the other folks are saying about guys thinking that they can control you because they're paying for you but another reason is that these sites are gyps and can be difficult to cancel with them. One of the dead giveaways is the photos of the men on these sites, how they're candid shots and very perfect and professional looking; it's a scam and not worth the trouble. Also, don't bother with craigslist. I've been through desperate times in my life and I understand how it's easy to fall into something for the sake of easy money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff