Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

I am not suicidal but I'm definitely feeling the sting of depression. Also, I'm married so this isn't anything to do with relationships.

You see, I really enjoy music and collecting both cassettes and vinyl. In fact, as you can see, I run a small blog online that is starting to have some success. However, I really have no close friends to share that aspect of my life with. And, since its such a huge part of my life - I really have a desire to share this with someone or to talk about it or hang out. I feel like there is less and value in my life - like my efforts are worthless.

My wife is fantastic but shes just not into what I am as much, which is fine. I just which I could find the right way to find the right people and connect properly. Sadly I just can't.

Tipsy Prophet

Hang out in record stores and get friendly with people? Maybe the staff? If you really hit it off with someone there, maybe exchange phone numbers and hang out. Or you can at least hang out there and chat about the common interest.

Restoring Spirit

Making friends isn't the easiest of tasks but it can be worth it!
You're already on Gaia, why not make some friends with shared interests here?
Though there is no guarantee that having people to share what's going on in your life
will make you feel like your efforts aren't worthless. Remind yourself why you are doing it
all. Be it for your wife and family or for yourself. Your passion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff