Welcome to Gaia! ::

belgium_waffles's Significant Otter

Tiruru
2Pirate Bunny
Tiruru
2Pirate Bunny
I highly recommend using Khan Academy for online help. It is a great site with really good videos. The people who make the videos are really great about showing all of their steps in the work. I know that always help me.

I also recommend learning how to read a text book. I know that sounds really difficult, but it is all about critical reading. It just takes a little time and effort. I recommend taking notes while reading, it really works well.

Also go over all of the notes you took inn the day, and rewrite them. It makes the ideas stick.

Finally learn the basics! Once you have those down, everything else is easier.

That's why. I suck at Math and physics because I'm being left behind in class. I don't think I can watch online because I get distracted by the internet. How to get over distraction when watching on the internet some videos?

I want to get help to my teachers, but I only have 20 minutes free time after classes. I don't have enough time, plus my school driver will get angry at me if he didn't see me waiting outside school. The rewriting tip sounds like a good idea. I'll try it out.

I'm the same when it comes to being distracted. This is what I do: Watch one video from Khan Academy ( Usually 12-18 minutes). Then I give myself 10ish minutes on whatever other site. Then I go back to watching another Khan Academy video. This way I don't get so bored!

The rewriting works for me. I'll try your idea out. Thank you for helping. <3

Can you guys tell me your study habits? It might help me out.

I'm glad I could help. I honestly just read a lot. I started rewriting my notes in high school, and it's stuck all the way through college. I am a math a physics major, so I understand how hard those subjects are.

I like to do easy practice problems to help me understand an idea, and then work up from there. I also have a really awesome homework buddy. We do most of the assignments together. Finally, I work during the summer. I'll be taking electrodynamics in the fall, so I've been reading the book this summer. There is a lot I don't understand, but it helps to get exposed to the information early. Then you understand it better later.

Fashionable Gaian

School is actually giving us a bunch of homework on purpose to get ready for college. Our school typically gives a lot of homework to students, but we are the graduating batch so we need to get used to this workload. I talked to my history teacher if he can give me suggestions about adjusting in my new school. He gave me suggestions,(he is also an algebra teacher). We have a test in Math tomorrow, it's easy, but a part of me is saying that I don't get it yet. Urgh.

I don't know if I can survive high school.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff