Welcome to Gaia! ::

ahh i know what you mean. I'm 16 and got a few like white kinda looking ones on my breasts too. My mother just said to keep putting lotion and such on them and any other areas you get them. All it is really is stretching of the skin. and Lotion helps skin stretch a bit so, just keep applying it I suppose. I have and so far its working! (:

4,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I got stretch marks when I was pretty young; like around 13 years old. I asked my doctor about them, and she said that is has to do with your type of skin or something. Evidently my skin isn't elasticy enough, and since I've grown a lot in the past few years (at least 2 feet, I'm now about 5'9" [and a girl<dur>]), that caused stretch marks all over my legs. I just use the Palmer's cocoa butter and it seems to make them fade quite well. Hope this helps smile
lemun chan
bio oil
where i can i get this?
and how long did it take for results?

I used bio oil. It did help the scar on my nose fade, but I wasn't commited enough to put it on my stretch marks twice a day. So I'm not sure if it will work on them or not.
Someone has prolly already posted this, but I'm not reading it.
I've heard cocoa butter massaged into the stretchy-marked skin lessens the redness of them.
this might be embrassing but im younger than u and i have a lot of stretch marks on my hips. u should try using Bio oil or something like that. mine r kinda going away. it won't go away completely but it will fade alot so it won't be so noticeable. hope it goes away. smile
BIO OIL, BIO OIL, BIO OIL. this stuff is amazing, i swear by it!
Try Bio Oil or Vitamin E. I heard Bio Oil works better, though.
Are they still pinkish? Because that's when they're easiest to get rid of. Just take some cocoa butter and slather them up xD lolol

But if they have already turned the paler color of your skin thenn you're pretty much stuck with them D:
Covet Shadowstalker
Dust.And.Echoes.
Covet Shadowstalker
You're pretty much stuck with them I'm afraid. I've got quite a few on the usual areas (breasts, bum, hips etc.) Since they started appearing I've been using a couple of products. One is BioOil and the other is that Palmers Stretch mark cream (both are meant for pregnant women) but they both work really well in preventing anymore from appearing smile

Actually, you can't prevent them either. Its genetic. Either you get them or you don't.

So I got a crap load from putting on some weight, then as I've put on some more weight I got more... You're telling me my fat a** is genetic? razz

yes, yes i am

Anxious Lunatic

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I'm pretty sure you're stuck with them. You can fade them but not permanently get rid of them.
You can always try covering them up with something like Dermablend.
I'm going to suggest some light exfoliating in the shower,you can use a dry brush/sea sponge or use an exfoliating scrub,make sure it's natural though don't want to add nasties to the area you want to look better. Try one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--d_n073pc,she has another one too but their both good,i have tried them and they help reduce my scars as well as acne ones. Also use a nice natural cream for your skin, i use MooGoo skin milk cream which is loaded with good stuff and no bad things,other cream like egyptian magic are good. I heard bio oil has Paraffin Oil which is bad for your skin so avoid any things like that or any mineral oil

7,075 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Stretch marks, once you got them, will only fade some, but won't disappear completely.

You can help make them fade by gently exfoliating your skin, and then aplying a lotion or cream that will hydrate and nourish your skin. Shea butter is good, if it contains vitamin E, even better.

Stretch marks are scars that appear when your body expands, for a reason or another, and your skin is not elastic enough. The elasticity of the skin depends a lot on how much your body produces elastin and collagen.

I am not quite sure about elastin, but I know vitamin C helps with the production of collagen, so if you have a vitamin C deficiency, your body will have a hard time producing enough collagen for your skin and other tissues.

So, diet with vitamin C is good, not just for preventing a cold.
stretch marks don't go away, its damaged skin, just like a regular scar. They fade but no creams will completely get rid of them.

2,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I remember when I was a kid my parents were in a club, and we all went to some weird grotto and there was some kind of mud, and the people said that this mud was beneficient for the skin, but I don't remember where it was o r how it was called.

Lotions containing cocoa butter are rumored to not only help reduce stretch marks, but to help prevent them entirely. Any cream or oil that is made specifically for the prevention or treatment of stretch marks will help keep your skin healthy and elastic. If you are pregnant or breast feeding consult your doctor first as lotions can contain ingredients that may be passed to your unborn baby or into breast milk.

Altough you still can wait. Like all scars, it will fade slowly with time.
You can ask to your doctor prescriction.
VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT to don't use tretinoin treatments if you are pregnant.

The tanning is supposed to be a good treatment for minor stretch marks.

Information sources :

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-stretch-marks/
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-best-way-to-get-rid-of-stretch-marks.htm

Wikihow Is always a good source of simple steps to follow :
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Stretch-Marks

But it is very important to please read the information correctly to don't do any mistakes.

Precious Pyromaniac

I have two horizontal stretch marks on my stomach. But it's because when I'm sitting or crouched over. They actually get lighter if I have been walking around for a while. One is just about my belly-button and then the other is about an inch on top of the first one xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff