Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm really not a fan of small talk or petty pointless chatter.

I know i should be warm and nice and social, but i cant help it. I'm so jaded by people in general. The things they usually talk about are so depthless. The way my gender succumbs to stereotyping and petty girly s**t is so depressing. Im so ******** disillusioned. I go to parties because i get invited but to be honest i dont know why. Most people everywhere are so unintelligent and shallow. I have nothing in common with anybody.

Why do i even bother? Should i abandon everyone and go live in a cave?? I REALLY ******** want to. Im sick of everyone. I dont care if i never get married or have children. (yes im a girl)

Everyone in my town can ******** bite me. stressed
I guess a cave is your only option. I personally love small talk. But then again, I don't really talk about anything particular. I just say the first stupid thing that comes to my mind, but it's usually at the expense of someone else, so hilarity ensues.
Cpt Lonestar
I guess a cave is your only option. I personally love small talk. But then again, I don't really talk about anything particular. I just say the first stupid thing that comes to my mind, but it's usually at the expense of someone else, so hilarity ensues.

Small talk is only good if it involves such hilarity. Its losing its sparkle to me though. Im giving up. Im moving into a cave. Im never coming out. ******** everyone
Don't worry!! Assuming you're in high school, when you go to college you meet much less shallow people with similar interests.

When I went to an art summer program full of people (and they were high school age actually), just the fact that I went to a different setting with a community of people with similar interests made me much happier with socializing. I don't know why, considering it's the same age group, but they just seemed so much more mature than what I'm used to.

I was so depressed when I got back, "home" seemed so dull. First day of school, I looked around, and everyone seemed like stupid, trend-following preps/jocks...and the few artsy people there are still kinda immature.

I feel like life is boring now too, and while socializing is the only thing that could get me out of the house to do something, it just doesn't appeal that much to me either. Oh, and small talk sucks period. I like to cut it short. That's normal to not like it.
You sound a lot like me, only I wouldn't go so far as to say I should "abandon everyone and go live in a cave." I love my family and the few good friends I have too much. Anyway, I hate socializing too, and I find small talk rather awkward. However, I don't really let it bother me. So, I'm not a social butterfly. Who cares? I'm happy with the way I am, and if others don't then that's their problem. You shouldn't let others get to you. Also, I wouldn't give up on people so easily. I understand how socializing can be annoying, but if you find someone with a strong common interest, then it becomes more fun. Unfortunately, I don't have that much advice about how one discovers such a person. I've always been a, to use the cliche, go-with-the-flow type when it comes to such things. But, if you're interested in taking a more active role, then try looking into a school (I'm assuming you're still in school . . .) club or organization. Also, when talking to another person, try skipping the small talk to truly get to know them. Ask them about their opinions, hobbies, and interests, and you may just find someone to call a friend.
now that i think about it...i have the same problem...but most things a do weird other ppl out so it's better that i dont socialize stare

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
You can be describing me!!! There are soo many shallow people at my school and sometimes it gets soo bad that I just want to go kill myself to find a better place. *not suggesting that you go do that though* "adults" tell me that the "real world" is like that and that I have to learn to live with it. I say ******** that. The world can change and we're the people to do that. 3nodding I'll talk to you and not do the small-chat crap. I promise. Want to be friends?
KABOSH ace
Don't worry!! Assuming you're in high school, when you go to college you meet much less shallow people with similar interests.

When I went to an art summer program full of people (and they were high school age actually), just the fact that I went to a different setting with a community of people with similar interests made me much happier with socializing. I don't know why, considering it's the same age group, but they just seemed so much more mature than what I'm used to.

I was so depressed when I got back, "home" seemed so dull. First day of school, I looked around, and everyone seemed like stupid, trend-following preps/jocks...and the few artsy people there are still kinda immature.

I feel like life is boring now too, and while socializing is the only thing that could get me out of the house to do something, it just doesn't appeal that much to me either. Oh, and small talk sucks period. I like to cut it short. That's normal to not like it.

People keep 'worring about me'.

I know i should socialize and network. But doing that is so depressing... I guess im damned if i do and damned if i dont. I guess hoping for genuiune, interesting people is too much to ask.
Autumn Lullaby
You sound a lot like me, only I wouldn't go so far as to say I should "abandon everyone and go live in a cave." I love my family and the few good friends I have too much. Anyway, I hate socializing too, and I find small talk rather awkward. However, I don't really let it bother me. So, I'm not a social butterfly. Who cares? I'm happy with the way I am, and if others don't then that's their problem. You shouldn't let others get to you. Also, I wouldn't give up on people so easily. I understand how socializing can be annoying, but if you find someone with a strong common interest, then it becomes more fun. Unfortunately, I don't have that much advice about how one discovers such a person. I've always been a, to use the cliche, go-with-the-flow type when it comes to such things. But, if you're interested in taking a more active role, then try looking into a school (I'm assuming you're still in school . . .) club or organization. Also, when talking to another person, try skipping the small talk to truly get to know them. Ask them about their opinions, hobbies, and interests, and you may just find someone to call a friend.

Thanks i feel a little less hopeless now. A little ray of light is poking through.. Just a little.........I need to find those people. They have to be out there somewhere. I dont REALLY want to be alone. If i can find just one person. ONE PERSON I can identify with maybe the world will be a little less cold.

Although i dont want to invest all my hopes in one person either.. Still it would be sooo nice.
i mean inherently i know know that.. its just so hard to remember. im so cynical these days.
Trust me, one good friend can make a big difference. It's much better to have a few people you are genuinely close with than to be Miss Popular, whose so-called "friends" are really just good acquaintances. I have trouble getting to know others too since I'm really introverted and dislike socializing as a general rule. I'm sorry I can't give better advice on how to find such a person. It's really not my forte, and I believe these sorts of things are better left to naturally develop. Though, that doesn't mean you can't help it grow, or even take an active role into meeting others. Just don't force yourself to be something you're not simply to please others. Real friendships never form from such behavior, and you'll only make yourself unhappy.
I don't like socializing either. Everyone I meet is either a complete retard, or is too worried about their appearances. Sure, some of the guys I hang out with are nice to talk to when it comes to games, but they act like circusfreaks when they're being normal. They will whistle to random people, they will try to act cool in front of other people, and they will call other women 'hot' and they'd 'tap that' even if they have a girlfriend.

Yeah I have a hard time finding people I can really relate to, especially if it's just around in my city. I can never find anything that these people have in common with me. So I just never bother to really befriend anyone when I can already tell we wouldn't be good friends.

I also hate small talk. Fricking hate it. It's so ******** pointless. Don't you ******** DARE and ask me 'How are you?' when I will just tell you I hate being asked that, because they don't mean it, and no one wants to explain what's up with them anyway, so they just answer 'fine/good' anyway! So what's the point? Either talk to me if you have a reason to, or ******** off.

But, believe me, there are people like you out there. Just now I was on the phone with my boyfriend, who was complaining to me how he hates everyone in the world for being so normal, retarded, stupid and ignorant. He says I'm the only one he really likes and can relate to. Everyone else he meets are just stupid people he doesn't want to associate with.

It's just where you have to look. I've met plenty of people on the internet that don't make me want to strangle them. I like talking to them, and being their friends (it's how I met my boyfriend, just talking on the internet).

I feel there's no one in my city that I would like, which is why I like the internet so much. I'm bound to find at least someone who thinks like me, right? I'm betting it would be the same for you. Try to just talk more on the internet with random people. You can ignore the people who do not interest you, and you can keep on talking to the people who do seem interesting.

Uhh basically, you're not alone.
NET WT 30 OZ
i mean inherently i know know that.. its just so hard to remember. im so cynical these days.

THATS the problem right there. I had such an easier time talking to people when I gave up the whole "I'm so dark and rebellious and that makes me cool" and stuff. Pink is right. We're retarded. And it's fun as hell. Stop caring so much and enjoy yourselves, you only live once. Have a little fun with life.
You have the Right to your Opinion...

I can relate
I talk more to the friends I have on the internet than the friends I have at school which aren't that many

Quote:
I also hate small talk. Fricking hate it.

I hate it when people don't make a decent conversation to be friendly but I'll start it off like 'So, what do you want to talk about' That way, the discussion is open for any topic that may be brought up and if they have nothing to say I'll just drop it altogether

Quote:
It's so ******** pointless. I hate being asked that, because they don't mean it,

Although people seem like that, atleast they're trying to start one instead of being anti-social

Quote:
And no one wants to explain what's up with them anyway, so they just answer 'fine/good' anyway! So what's the point?

I admit I won't go into a deep conversation to intentionally bore them to death if I know the person well enough I'll explain my problem if I have one, and ask for their advice if it needs any If not, I'll drop it

...I have the Opportunity to Ignore it
livingfairie
You have the Right to your Opinion...

I can relate
I talk more to the friends I have on the internet than the friends I have at school which aren't that many

Quote:
I also hate small talk. Fricking hate it.

I hate it when people don't make a decent conversation to be friendly but I'll start it off like 'So, what do you want to talk about' That way, the discussion is open for any topic that may be brought up and if they have nothing to say I'll just drop it altogether

Quote:
It's so ******** pointless. I hate being asked that, because they don't mean it,

Although people seem like that, atleast they're trying to start one instead of being anti-social

Quote:
And no one wants to explain what's up with them anyway, so they just answer 'fine/good' anyway! So what's the point?

I admit I won't go into a deep conversation to intentionally bore them to death if I know the person well enough I'll explain my problem if I have one, and ask for their advice if it needs any If not, I'll drop it

...I have the Opportunity to Ignore it

Asking "How are you?" or "What's up?" Really has no meaning. Because they'll just answer "I'm fine/I'm good." and THEN they start the actual conversation. Might as well skip it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff