Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm gonna be 17, and not once have I thought about coming out as bisexual until now. One of these days, I'm gonna have to tell my mom because I don't wanna suffocate in..whatever the hell I'm feeling right now. Emotions? It's kind of scary when I think about it, but this Nick News thing came on tv, and these really young kids came out as gay and bi and whatever, and it made me feel a little ashamed about not having that kind of courage to do something like that. The support they got from it was touching, but some people aren't as lucky and get picked on by even their parents for being anything other than straight. I guess that's whats scaring me a little.And thinking back on it, my brother did jokingly suspect me of being gay or bi, he was half right, but I can't imagine what would happen if he knew,too. I really do wanna tell her, not right now anyway, but I wonder how she'll react. My mom's a really nice woman, and all, but that could change after I tell her, or it couldn't..that's scaring me a little,too. = n =;; I mean, it's not like I got a tattoo, or knocked someone up,right?
Honestly, I wouldn't even know how to approach that topic with her. Would it just be all
"Hey mom, I'm bi!"? or ..********, this is flustering me too much.
And that reaction thing I mentioned earlier, god I'm curious to know. Like, what if she freaks out and goes all "Excuse me?" or "What the ******** "Oh,I know" <-- SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL DX Maybe I would try coming out to a close friend first? ..but I can't do that irl as easily as I can online or whatever..ugh

So yeah, a little advice? I know I don't have to worry about this type of thing right now, but I'd rather be prepared for the future, because it's gonna happen... I just don't know how.

Thanks.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Just tell her.

Vicious Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
GrandZeinny
Just tell her.

That made me feel a little more uneasy,actually
^^;

Van Cane's Princess

Ruthless Vampire

9,450 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Try an ice breaker, like, the legalization of gay marriage in multiple states, say you feel its great that gay people are able to have some more equality or something, and gauge your mothers reaction on it. Slowly work your way into coming out of the closet so to say. Make up a friend who is uncomfortable about coming out to their parents, and see her reaction, then come out to her once you feel comfortable enough in her answers.

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mr Kisteri
I'm gonna be 17, and not once have I thought about coming out as bisexual until now. One of these days, I'm gonna have to tell my mom because I don't wanna suffocate in..whatever the hell I'm feeling right now. Emotions? It's kind of scary when I think about it, but this Nick News thing came on tv, and these really young kids came out as gay and bi and whatever, and it made me feel a little ashamed about not having that kind of courage to do something like that. The support they got from it was touching, but some people aren't as lucky and get picked on by even their parents for being anything other than straight. I guess that's whats scaring me a little.And thinking back on it, my brother did jokingly suspect me of being gay or bi, he was half right, but I can't imagine what would happen if he knew,too. I really do wanna tell her, not right now anyway, but I wonder how she'll react. My mom's a really nice woman, and all, but that could change after I tell her, or it couldn't..that's scaring me a little,too. = n =;; I mean, it's not like I got a tattoo, or knocked someone up,right?
Honestly, I wouldn't even know how to approach that topic with her. Would it just be all
"Hey mom, I'm bi!"? or ..********, this is flustering me too much.
And that reaction thing I mentioned earlier, god I'm curious to know. Like, what if she freaks out and goes all "Excuse me?" or "What the ******** "Oh,I know" <-- SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL DX Maybe I would try coming out to a close friend first? ..but I can't do that irl as easily as I can online or whatever..ugh

So yeah, a little advice? I know I don't have to worry about this type of thing right now, but I'd rather be prepared for the future, because it's gonna happen... I just don't know how.

Thanks.

You know your parents best. If you think the reaction will be bad, feel free to withhold it (unless you don't want to). You could always introduce it after something else. When I bought a rifle, the first thing I told her when I saw her was that I joined the Marines. She went crazy. When I told her I was kidding and had actually bought a gun, she didn't care.

Do whatever makes you feel best at the end of the day

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Mr Kisteri
GrandZeinny
Just tell her.

That made me feel a little more uneasy,actually
^^;

Stop being ballless and just tell her you tool. If she gives you s**t about it, slap her in the boobs so hard that they fall off.
If you dont know her stance on these things, it is better to figure that out first. especially as a minor and while you are living at home, dont come out unless you are sure it is okay.

Many people find it easier to come out to friends first, as parents may not be as supportive, but still the same thing applies, dont come out to someone who you dont know well enough to kinda anticpate the reaction for.

Vicious Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Wow, thanks everyone ^^ I'll try these slowly while time goes by until I get my own place, and am ready

Bashful Bookworm

The way I see it is I'm not coming out to my parents until I have a girlfriend that I want to bring home for Christmas dinner.

If you're unsure how she's going to react, talk to her about something gay and ask her opinions on it.
The uprising of them, gay pride parades, Ellen.
If she reacts positively, tell her if you want to.
If she doesn't, then maybe wait until you move out.

As for how to tell them, I believe directly is best.
It's going to be awkward whatever way you do it, so just do it like a bandaid and make it quick.

Ice-Cold Firestarter

I think you should come out to your close friends first, they are the people who know you best, and are less likely to get the "OMFG, you're bi?!?!" reaction and disgusted looks you don't want.
In my personal experience, I semi-came out o; I told my close friend-once-best friend (not because of my sexual orientation). She's the only person in real life that knows that I'm bi. On the internet, I freely

Chatty Smoker

I would sit her down and just tell her you've had these feelings for a while now and thought she should know about them. Or you can wait until you get a boyfriend and break the news then.

Spoopy Kitten

I think its odd for someone to come out to their parents randomly, even though i did the same. Honestly, id wait until you have a boyfriend. Then if someone in your family says something like "When will i meet your girlfriend?" you can be like "You can meet him tonight at dinner"

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
why does your mom need to know?

Vicious Sex Symbol

12,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
1aphy