Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Genius

Lovely title, eh?

So, a bit of background. I am a messy, unorganized person. I know it, I embrace it. I leave crap sitting in my room for weeks (food, drinks, trash, etc.). Today, the inevitable happened; I accidentally drank from an old glass of iced tea. I got the moutful, realized what I did, and spat it out promptly. Rinsed out my mouth, brushed my teeth, did the whole nine yards, I'm pretty sure I didn't get the chance to swallow much of it.

And there was a truckload of mold in the glass when I looked. Ugh.

So, here is/are my question(s);

.Is this mold danegrous?
.Have any of you accidentally drank mold ridden iced tea (I'm sure many people have)? If so, what happened?
.Should I be concerned for my health?

Yes, I went on Google. Many (if not all) of the articles said nothing would happen save for an upset stomach. I just want opinions.
I never drank mold so I don't know what will happen to you. I do know that mold in houses can cause allergies. Depends on the type though I believe.

Anyway, if you start experiencing any strange symptoms, the best thing to do is to call a doctor.
Whoa, that super-sucks, OP. I'm really allergic to mold, so I'd pretty much die if I did that. I hope you're okay, though.

Was the mold black, green, or white?

Magnetic Genius

Clockwork Lime
Whoa, that super-sucks, OP. I'm really allergic to mold, so I'd pretty much die if I did that. I hope you're okay, though.

Was the mold black, green, or white?

White-ish.

This also happened maybe about 20 minutes ago at least. xD I think something would have shown up by now.

But, for the sake of details, I don't think I'm allergic to mold. I'm horribly asthmatic, which I was worried might play a factor, but I've been fine.
User Image
Ɉɩʂɒϯʂυ Ӄəϯʂυəӄɩ

" Ͼ σ ɭ ɗ as the winter is ɭ σ ɳ ʛ "

- - - - -

God, if I counted all the times I've ever done that.. You'd think I'd learn by now, but noooo..

Anyway, I think you'll be fine if you didn't drink the whole mess of stuff. xD

- - - - -
honestly you'll be fine think of it like drinking solid penicillin XD

(heya jisa i stalked you)

SonicsHole's Wife

User Image
I'd be more concerned about being... you know, less disgusting
sheesh you're opening yourself up to respiratory infections and skin problems
and cancer.
Because EVERYTHING causes cancer >_>

Magnetic Genius

I'm not as gross as I made myself seem. xD I'm just ungodly lazy. If I had a large trashcan and a dishwasher in here, my room'd be sparkling.

I already have respiratory problems. ;D Can't get much worse than asthma to the point where if I so much as mildly panic, I have an attack.

SonicsHole's Wife

Magmatic
I'm not as gross as I made myself seem. xD I'm just ungodly lazy. If I had a large trashcan and a dishwasher in here, my room'd be sparkling.

I already have respiratory problems. ;D Can't get much worse than asthma to the point where if I so much as mildly panic, I have an attack.

I used to be really gross especially as a 'young teen' just put a bag in your room and remember to take the dishes to the kitchen? you don't wanna wake up with a rat on your face :C
I got pink eye because my tear ducts were clogged, besides having the most dark and humid room in the house, I wasn't cleaning it so it was also the dustiest
I had to put lime juice in my eyes, cleared the pink eye within minutes, and it's nice waking up without my eyes 'glued' together with goop and not being able to breath because of the dust allergies, after that I hopefully learned my lesson >_>
How does Ice Tea mold?
Ugh, that sucks majorly. It doesn't sound like you actually consumed any mold, since you spit it out. Mold is actually dangerous as an infection, but I doubt the mold in your ice tea can infect you. Though, I'm not even close to an expert on the matter. I'd only worry about a few respiratory problems and/or an upset stomach. If you start getting symptoms or feel that something is wrong, you should go see a doctor.
Well if worst comes to worst, you'll get food poisoning, that's a given. Go to the hospital if you do though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff