So, a bit of background. I am a messy, unorganized person. I know it, I embrace it. I leave crap sitting in my room for weeks (food, drinks, trash, etc.). Today, the inevitable happened; I accidentally drank from an old glass of iced tea. I got the moutful, realized what I did, and spat it out promptly. Rinsed out my mouth, brushed my teeth, did the whole nine yards, I'm pretty sure I didn't get the chance to swallow much of it.
And there was a truckload of mold in the glass when I looked. Ugh.
So, here is/are my question(s);
.Is this mold danegrous?
.Have any of you accidentally drank mold ridden iced tea (I'm sure many people have)? If so, what happened?
.Should I be concerned for my health?
Yes, I went on Google. Many (if not all) of the articles said nothing would happen save for an upset stomach. I just want opinions.
I'm not as gross as I made myself seem. xD I'm just ungodly lazy. If I had a large trashcan and a dishwasher in here, my room'd be sparkling.
I already have respiratory problems. ;D Can't get much worse than asthma to the point where if I so much as mildly panic, I have an attack.
I used to be really gross especially as a 'young teen' just put a bag in your room and remember to take the dishes to the kitchen? you don't wanna wake up with a rat on your face :C
I got pink eye because my tear ducts were clogged, besides having the most dark and humid room in the house, I wasn't cleaning it so it was also the dustiest
I had to put lime juice in my eyes, cleared the pink eye within minutes, and it's nice waking up without my eyes 'glued' together with goop and not being able to breath because of the dust allergies, after that I hopefully learned my lesson >_>
Ugh, that sucks majorly. It doesn't sound like you actually consumed any mold, since you spit it out. Mold is actually dangerous as an infection, but I doubt the mold in your ice tea can infect you. Though, I'm not even close to an expert on the matter. I'd only worry about a few respiratory problems and/or an upset stomach. If you start getting symptoms or feel that something is wrong, you should go see a doctor.