Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jazz the Fighter
Honestly, it sounds A LOT like you're waiting for your OB/GYN to echo back whatever you believe is wrong with yourself, and your OB/GYN isn't going to go along with the self-diagnosis game. If you TRULY feel like this person isn't trying their best to help you, then you have every right to switch, but if I'm right with my assumption, then you need to give this OB/GYN an honest shot instead of assuming you're right and they're wrong because you googled a few things.

Also, I'm not sure where you got the idea that women can't have "unusual" body hair. Women have hair all over their bodies. Now, if you have a complete rug of hair on your belly then that's probably a hormone issue and should be treated appropriately, and in that case your OB/GYN is a joke for not realizing that, but if it's just a little bit of hair that you have to tend to every now and then... THAT'S NORMAL!! You just don't hear about it because most women basically turn themselves into flawless dolls to appease society, and they don't want to talk about their belly hairs. Hell, judging by the fact that you don't think a little belly hair is normal, it's apparent you should just let the professionals do their work and rip up your WebMD degree.
The new OB agrees with me that I should look into PCOS as well as other fertility and hormone related things due to my menstruation and pregnancy difficulties; he told me that the lump is just an inflamed lymph node and that it should be harmless, but that for my peace of mind I can have it surgically removed if I really want. I have decided I am going to monitor it, and as long as it does not get bigger or start to hurt with pressure over the next few months, to simply let it be. I think my mind was just saying "it's not a cyst" and I really didn't feel right with that diagnosis. He also was saying not to keep using the antibiotics, that I DO NOT have BV, and he doesn't understand why she was prescribing it unecessarily.
SammyKijak

If you want to be tested for something, anything you should be able to ask your doctor or be able find someone who will. That's the whole point of healthcare. If it's not covered you may have to pay a fee but it saves you a lot of issues that can come with self-diagnosis if you're worries aren't substantiated.

Questionable Prophet

I'm sorry about your two miscarriages.
I hope your new doctor can figure out what is going on with you.

Doctor Google is the shittiest doctor in the world and will just make you paranoid.
If you're concerned about something always go get a second opinion.
If you feel like your doctor doesn't care, go get a different doctor.

You do sound a bit like a hypochondriac, no offense intended, vigilance is important.
I'm a hypochondriac by proxy about my cat's health, so I understand.

Stay away from google.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I am so sorry that you had a really shitty OBGYN, and that you have had two miscarriages while still young. I'm also glad that you went to another one who seems to actually know what he's doing. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what's wrong. I will say this though: if you don't have something like a beard growing on your face, you probably don't have PCOS. I had a friend during my brief stint at college who has it and she did have a bit of a beard going on, but I never really judged her for that.

Also, don't use Google to self-diagnose diseases. I can honestly say from experience that while I have used Google for such, it was only to figure out how the hell I got that sudden rash all over my body. Only thing I trust the Internet in terms of diagnosing, because pictures. I have something to compare it to. I also use it for figuring out what kind of bug bit me sometimes too. Basically, if it's not a skin condition, don't use it, and even then exercise caution.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff