Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recomend seeing a school psychologist or conslor have them talk to your parents if they think you have a problem. Most likely they will recomend or offer you to some psychological clinics that are generally cheaper than most. There is help out there that isn't too expensive also check to see if your parents have insurance because it is possible that a percentage of the cost might be covered.
well i'm seeing a shrink but i wrote a book of death peotry so if you like your depression then just don't speek to no
one and keep your head down

Crumbly Snacker

It's good to talk about it. It someitmes makes the feelings go away andhelps you feel better. That's what I did. My friends didn't believe me... but my mom knew it was serious. She helped me a lot and I find it hard ot tlak to her. Sometimes it helps to tlak toparents... but that's just me.
hmm.... personally i can't stand shrinks of any sort, all they seem to do is annoy the hell outta me domokun ...... cos they're so damn fake!!!
If you've felt depressed without any normaly saddening circumstances (death, break-up, favorite band broke up) for over 2 weeks at a time, you might have clinical depression. See a psycologist to be properly diagnosed. If money is an issue, or your parents are apethetic, you can contact a school conselor and see if she can find a rescourse to help make payments, or convince your parents. Some state healthcare plans cover mental health visits. Good luck, and try to find something positive to keep your spirits up.
distort
how can i go see the docter (depression) with parents who cant afford it/dont belive me and i have trouble talking to. i dont even know the source of my depression so what could i tell them?

i want to get rid of my deppresion but so much more of me wants to stay lonely and sad (it is kinda of a good feeling)

please help

If you enjoy being depressed somewhat, then you must be seeking attention. If so, you might have more serious issues than depression. (I'm being serious.)
Depression rules! *makes devil horns sign*
i had depression...try take up art...vent out your emotions, other than that start walking f or the same reason and take a positivethinking class i did that i was fine
why would anyone want to be sad?

I went though depression a while ago and i hated it the sooner I got over it the better. i denied it most of the time trying to convience myself that I was happy. at anyrate happy is dfinatly better then beind depressed. the only reason i can think of to stay depressed is to get attention but that is really stupid you can still get atention when you are in a good mood and the best part is the attention you get when you are happy is legitamit not just some body pretending to care about you so that you dont kill yourself.
yeah i woudl much rater have attetion that was honost.
distort
how can i go see the docter (depression) with parents who cant afford it/dont belive me and i have trouble talking to. i dont even know the source of my depression so what could i tell them?

i want to get rid of my deppresion but so much more of me wants to stay lonely and sad (it is kinda of a good feeling)

please help

I don't know why you are depressed, but you should wake up. Join me and my depression. I have been depressed for quiet some time. Funny thing is that I can't buy medicine, I've been thinking about buying PROZAC, because my last girlfriend took some and she was depressed too I guess. SO if you are depressed you can talk to me because I am also depressed and a DEPRESSED person should know who they are talking to. Also don't be depressed so often because your life is not the only thing that is hell you know. I knew a girl who got raped and no one did anything about it. I HATE HATE HATE to post this here on GAIA and let the freaking world know but then again I do not want to see anyone depressed. I know that that person must be really sad but is strong to continue, but it is just an example and I hate using it because she is a friend of mine.

To relieve yourself of this depression, hear some GOOD MUSIC, you know what i'm talking about. I bet you listen to ROCK...AND TRUST ME I LISTEN TO HARDCORE ROCK SOMETIMES. I LOVE KORN and when I listen to them sometimes my mood changes. So try to listen to Dashboard Confessional or some other band that sings good songs like Brand New.

Then get up and be happy and be HAPPY for yourself only. Think about it...later on try to live up to your dream. When you do this you will be succesful and YOU will laugh and mock other people because you will have what YOU wanted and not many people have that.

I hope you make it. I wish you the best.
Goodluck.
I say you should talk to people... you can pm if you like. Talking to people os good and ill listen and not judge or give an oppion. It useless and innifficent to be depressed. You dont work hard enough when your depressed.
Honestly, when I play my horribly depressed "OMG this world sucks" card, I always get the phone numbers, I guess there is something about a depressed artistic geek type that people love..
thank you for all your help

and i'll be shure to take up more art/writeing/talking
you just need to find someone you can relate and talk to. My sister went and saw a counsellour about her depression and she felt a lot better and she also became less violent and angry... she also started to make more friends.
i take zoloft. it seems to be working over the past few years, but i still get depressed every now and then. nothing can truely make it go away, or maybe it's just me that's stuck with it all my life?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff