Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Nymph

15,100 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
If that is cheating than I am definitely being a cheater.

Sorry, had to get that out of the way.

The girl sounds like she's a dumbass. All you were doing was consoling a friend, not trying to sleep with him. If she can't tell between consoling and cheating than she doesn't, exactly, deserve to have a S.O

All you need to do, though, is try explaining it again and if that doesn't work have the friend you were consoling tell her.

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Hugging isn't cheating...Unless you and your boyfriend agreed hugging is cheating.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Not cheating.... But maybe talk to the br anyways so he doesnt get a messed up version of the story from someone else XD

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
TasteofEnvy
Okay SO idk I'm mainly typing this out of anger and emotional confusion.
I have a boyfriend of 3 1/2 years. He's the love of my life and I wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt him. I'm happy with him and don't see myself being with everyone else. I know he feels the same way (or at least he tells me he does haha).
I have lots of friends of both sexes overall, though at college (which is where I am now) it's a majority guys while back at home it's a majority girls.
So earlier today I was hanging with my friends right? It was five boys and two girls, hanging out in one of the dorms (it's like two rooms attached). Anyway, I noticed my friend Kev was really really sad, so I pulled him aside and asked if he wanted to talk. We sat down on his bed and he chatted away about some girl issues he's been having. Then he started to cry, and I did what I thought any friend would do... hug him and hold him while he calms down. Well during this time Ashe (the other girl) came over, saw us, and made a face. Eventually things calmed down and we went back over to the others to continue watching anime....
So later Ashe comes up to me and starts accusing me of cheating on my boyfriend. I was infuriated because I'm against cheating completely. I asked her why she was saying that, and she said that sitting on another guys bed counts as cheating... -_- .... and the fact I was holding him made it worse. I tried to explain to her that I was comforting him and she said that was no excuse?
Idk. It just really pissed me off. Is she being ridiculous or is she right? It didn't get to me at first, but now it is.
I'm a very physical person when it comes to my friends: hugs are constantly given, especially when a friend is sad. And, honestly, I didn't even think much about us sitting on the bed. To me, it was just sitting on a place that wasn't the floor. And I know Kev isn't interested in me, nor am I with him. So... idk I don't see how it's really cheating?
My bf would get a little overprotective if he saw it, but I know overall he'd understand b/c he knows how I am with my friends.
I know I should only care what my bf thinks and what we both feel is okay
Idk i guess this was more of a rant it's just rly bugging me now.

I would simply tell your friend that she misread what was going on and needs to back off. Let her now that you have discussed it with your bf and u two are all good with it. Tell her that she should have ASKED you what was going on instead of throwing around accusations.

Sparkling Victory

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hero 100
She's overreacting. Just explain to everyone that you were trying to comfort your friend and she misunderstood the situation.

Chatty Smoker

It's not cheating. I think she's being ridiculous. Just ignore it. It's not her relationship or her business anyway.

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I don't consider that cheating. That is just consoling a friend.

All I can advise is that you establish the boundaries of your guys' relationship. What is cheating and what is not.

Don't hide this from your boyfriend because a successful relationship needs open communication and trust.

As for your friend, as a lot of Gaians have said, she seems to have her own issues and projecting some of her feelings it sounds like. She could of also misunderstood the situation as a possibility.
Talk to your friend. If she refuses to talk and starts spreading gossip, that is fault on her for lack of responsibility and maturity.

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
That's not even cheating, you're fine. Seems to me like your friend Ashe likes to start drama

Blessed Worshipper

She is right. Why would you sit on a bed with another guy? And then hug him..

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
all the vvay turnt up
She is right. Why would you sit on a bed with another guy? And then hug him..

Because in their dorm they have no couch to sit on. You have a choice of either the floor or shitty desk chairs (which couldn't be used anyway b/c they are covered in all their junk). All of our friends who actually live on campus (Ashe does not) actually sit on each others beds all the time. We treat them more like couches than anything, with often four or more people at a time (like when we watch anime or play video games).
And who doesn't hug a friend who is sad?

Invisible Lunatic

Tell her to butt out and mind her own damn business.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Sopiyu
HAHAHAHA "sitting on someone's bed is cheating"
is ur friend 9 wow

Uh, yeah, this. It's natural to want to listen to a friend in need, or to hug a loved one who is down. I think your best bet would be to phase Ashe out of your life, honestly. She sounds immature, and like the kind of person who likes to cause drama. You don't want that, nor do you want to constantly feel judged for being a supportive friend. So get Ashe away from you, and keep on keepin' on.
Yeah that's not cheating, it sounds like whoever that girl was with probably told her that was cheating when they were going out and now she has it engraved in her mind.

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
That's definitely not cheating. I would do the same if a friend of mines (male/female) broke down. She's just overreacting to the situation.

Demonic Ladykiller

12,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Make new friends. Dump your boyfriend if he doesn't trust you. Move on. Seriously, you don't need people like that in your life. If he believes you, good. But your friend has no idea of what cheating really is. When I was cheated on and had to get STD tested, that's cheating. Sitting on someones bed and comforting them LIKE FRIENDS SHOULD, and has no sexual content, dear lord. What is that girls problem?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff