Welcome to Gaia! ::

sexuality

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on July 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 >

i just recently came out with the realization of being bi. but in my life my friends seemed to be okay with it but i dont think they "except" it. i mean they act lke they understand but i seriously doubt i do. any advice?
sorry the poll was messed up. gay is also an option
compulsive
i just recently came out with the realization of being bi. but in my life my friends seemed to be okay with it but i dont think they "except" it. i mean they act lke they understand but i seriously doubt i do. any advice?

Give em some space and if they act like jerks tell em to shove it
Hey, you'll probably get better answers to this in Life Issues. Ask a mod to move it there.

My advice -- a lot of people think it's weird. Look up a list of famous gays/lesbians/bisexuals, and name some pepole they might like.
Real friends accept you for who you are...yadda yadda yadda....
Advice: Add Gay/Lesbian, transgendered/sexual (and Other) to your poll list..

Uhh.. other advice: What's done is done.. all you can really do is see of they come around or decide to abandon you.. if it really worries you see why they don't accept (not except) it, and if you can try to 'show them the light' or truth or whatever (Ex. if they somehow got the notion that bisexual people.. uhhh... eat green monkeys, prepare contraditory scientific evidence) ((joke))
domokun

best of luck!
Well I mean you reall y can;t do anything about it. They may or may not exept it. And if they don;t then they will just have to deal with it .
compulsive

I'm bi as well. You're always going to meet people who won't accept you for your sex preferance. Try and educate them and if their still not comfortable with it then see if they'll meet you half way. Don't flaunt it and maybe they'll be more supportive. My parents weren't very supportive of me so I moved out.
Don't feel you need to change your personality to act more bi, make sure that your friends realize that you wanted to be truthful with them, and are still the persom they are friends with. If they totally blow you off, then go find some new friends. You can also try to convince them to go to gay-straight alliance meetings, if your school has them. I know that so many times, bi people get swept to the side in gay friendly groups and organizations, becuase people want to understand sexuality as an either or. Good Luck with it all.

5,100 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
simple don't wave it in their face, don't hide it, just live your life as you did before you found you were bi and everyone will be fall in place and probably be at ease once they see the "old" you and that you didn't transform into some scary beast from planet 9.
all these are true but the simple fact is that these people i have grown to love. i grew up with these people. call me weak but i would my pychologically crushed if they really did reject me for it. then for that maybe its me. maybe i should develope tougher skin. but your absolutely right if they cant except me then they arent real friends any way
i know what it's like to have people freak out b/c you're bi.. i'm the same way.. and most of my friends have finally come to accept it, a few of the other girls in my "group" are even going bi now, and all their boyfriends blame it on me
If your friends can't accept you for who you are, then they were never your friends and you should just move on.
compulsive

my girlfriends bi... God i love her..hehe
Jaithien
simple don't wave it in their face, don't hide it, just live your life as you did before you found you were bi and everyone will be fall in place and probably be at ease once they see the "old" you and that you didn't transform into some scary beast from planet 9.

lol i appreciate the humor. and all the post. which sprung up about 5 seconds after i created it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff