Welcome to Gaia! ::

this is a mule account.
Me and my boyrfriend (I'm 20, virgin while he's 23, non-virgin) we've been together for 1 years and 3months and I feel like I'm ready to give it up to him but the only problem I have is I'm quite unsure how to protect myself, I was told to use Plan B which I assume is pills but unsure which pills they are I've spoken to my trusted friend and she said it's best for both of us to use something to protect so me with pills and him with condom.

Questions:
so, 1. What pills is my friend talking about?
2. Do we both have to use protection cause I am scared of taking the pills?
3. What steps do I have to follow through after taking them?

Tipsy Sophomore

Good education on this stuff is really really important so I'm so glad you thought to ask for help before doing anything!

As for your questions:

1. Plan B is a pill you take the morning after having sex. It's called "plan B" because it's sort of a last cautionary attempt. You have to take it within 3 days of having sex and it has about a 90% chance of prevent pregnancy! It isn't, however, recommended as use for a regular contraceptive! It is, however, available over the counter in most places (in the states at least).
There's also the off chance that your friend is talking about birth control pills. These pills you have to get through a doctor and from a pharmacy but they are oh so effective! You have to take them once a day at about the same time and they'll keep you from impregnation. They're also really nice because they help with cramps and other period symptoms! Some brands are so effective that you don't even have to suffer through a period monthly!

2. In my opinion, you should always always always use a condom. Those are about 98 percent effective! Most people just use a condom and nothing else. Birth control pills are usually used for people who prefer the feel of not using a condom and plan B is usually used when some sort of accident occurs - whether it be a broken condom or some sort of premature ejaculation.Like I said, usually a condom is enough. You can get them at the store for just a few bucks and the boxes usually come with 3 (unless you get a BIG box).

3. If you take plan B, just make sure to take it as soon as possible after having sex! That'll further increase its effectiveness!

I hope I helped and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions! Be safe, okay? emotion_bigheart

Invisible Fatcat

15,575 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Plan B is a pill you take after sex if his semen has gotten into you. It like force starts your period. You shouldnt take these excessively.

Birth control is what you should be taking. You have to go to a doctor for that.

Condoms are pretty safe but they can rip. Ive been using them for 4 years and they've only tore on us once.

The best way if for both to use protection, but condoms have worked pretty well. If you're extra worried use condoms and have him pull out when his orgasming.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kimutot
this is a mule account.
Me and my boyrfriend (I'm 20, virgin while he's 23, non-virgin) we've been together for 1 years and 3months and I feel like I'm ready to give it up to him but the only problem I have is I'm quite unsure how to protect myself, I was told to use Plan B which I assume is pills but unsure which pills they are I've spoken to my trusted friend and she said it's best for both of us to use something to protect so me with pills and him with condom.

Questions:
so, 1. What pills is my friend talking about?

Don't use Plan B except in emergencies, it's not healthy to take more than one in 6 months. For regular birth control protection- you have your choice of a monthly depo shot, implanon which is like a match stick they put in your arm, birth control pills that you take everyday at the same hour, an IUB, and some other methods. And of course condoms which also prevent STDs. The pull out method can be effective, but not advised without a proper birth control method such as pills. You can overkill your protection by using a combination of these methods.

Get over your fear of taking pils, they're small and easy to swallow.

For condoms or general sex, get a water based lubricant from a sex shop. Friction and dryness can cause a condom to break, and sex to be painful.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ninja kyuubi13
Plan B is a pill you take after sex if his semen has gotten into you. It like force starts your period. You shouldnt take these excessively.

Birth control is what you should be taking. You have to go to a doctor for that.

Condoms are pretty safe but they can rip. Ive been using them for 4 years and they've only tore on us once.

The best way if for both to use protection, but condoms have worked pretty well. If you're extra worried use condoms and have him pull out when his orgasming.

Not when, before he ejaculates.
Ninja kyuubi13
Lilith_Lilium

quackerz96

thank you for answering.
from what I read a condom is a must, but pills are optional or are they a must ?
and I'm getting told that I have to wait after I have sex I take the pills?

Quote:
For regular birth control protection- you have your choice of a monthly depo shot, implanon which is like a match stick they put in your arm, birth control pills that you take everyday at the same hour, an IUB, and some other methods.

In this quote the one I have bolded, isn't this the same thing as a Plan B pills?
Plan B is like omg I ******** up and had sex let me try to not get pregnant stuff. It isnt birth control. Birth control and plan B have similar hormones, but do NOT try to use plan B as birth control. Its not worth it. You can get plan B pills anywhere that has a pharmacy, it should be over the counter, but you need a perscription for the bc pill.

Dont be scard of taking the pills, and even if you wanted to only use 1, I would say pills over condoms. Always. The pill is more reliable, it is also safer. Ultimately YOU get pregnant, not the dude so YOU have to make sure that you take the steps to not get pregnant, which means you cant rely on your guy to always use a condom. Not to mention if he tries to not use a condom it gets even riskier. The condom is NOT 98% effective, it is actually far less for typical usage. its more likr 75-80. Pill typical usage percentage is far higher at 90s. So, do both to be sure, but pill if you just want to do one.

Just go to the doctor, get him to get tested since he had sex before, and you ask for bc pills and they should explain the pill and other methods like iud and shot if you want to go that way too.

Shy Wife

First, do research.

Don't rely on Gaia to tell you how to protect yourself. Sure, it's a start, and good to get all advice, but also look things up. There's MANY ways to ensure you don't get pregnant. There's cups you can put in you, pills (such as birth control), patches, etc etc.

Research is your friend.

Plan B should NOT be used constantly. If should be a back up plan, incase your original choice of birth control messes up, or you mess up. Plan B isn't harmful, but it also isn't good for you, either. It isn't something that should always be used.

Plan B is basically a pill that makes it so you shouldn't get pregnant. There's times it doesn't work. But after you've had sex you can take it. It basically cleans you out. Just like with birth control, it doesn't always work 100%.

Do your research. Condoms are cool and all, but don't just make him use them and then you do nothing. What if it breaks? That happens quite a bit, and then whoops. Kids. Make him wear one, and you do whatever you need to (whether it be birth control, the patch, or other s**t). Personally, Plan B also doesn't feel so great for me. I was physically ill for a day when I took it. Worst.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kimutot
Ninja kyuubi13
Lilith_Lilium

quackerz96

thank you for answering.
from what I read a condom is a must, but pills are optional or are they a must ?
and I'm getting told that I have to wait after I have sex I take the pills?

Quote:
For regular birth control protection- you have your choice of a monthly depo shot, implanon which is like a match stick they put in your arm, birth control pills that you take everyday at the same hour, an IUB, and some other methods.

In this quote the one I have bolded, isn't this the same thing as a Plan B pills?

Condoms are a must when it comes to the prevention nd spread of STDs, you can do without and use other birth control methods if you both are clear of STDs which can only be determined by an STD test. Condoms and birth cintrol pills are both the standard method of preventing pregnancy.

No, whoever is telling you that you must wait until after sex to take the pill doesn't know what he or she is talking about and is confused with Plan B, which is emergency contraception that you take immediately. Plan B is not for regular use.

It takes a week for birth control pills to become effective, during this time you either wear condoms or abstain from intercourse.

No. Plan B is one emergency birth control pill that you take after an accident where there's a chance you got ejaculated inside unprotected such when a condom breaks or you get raped.
Birth controll pills are pills you take every day to prevent pregnancy, this is what people mean when talking about the pill. They cannot be used as emergency contraception.
1. What pills is my friend talking about?
firstly, i would not use Plan B as your main form of birth control. it is used as emergency contraception. taken within 3 days after conception, it can prevent pregnancy. those can be found over the counter, without a prescription. Plan B: One Step
your friend is more likely talking about regular birth control that you take everyday/everymonth/every few months. however, there are several different types of birth control, all which should be researched to see what would best work for you.
Birth Control Methods

not necessarily, but it will raise the protection rate if you are both using some form of prevention. however, condoms are quite trustworthy (although they can break) and also using spermicide could help as well. and ALWAYS used water-based lubes with condoms, NOT oil. most people just use condoms anyways.

it depends what kind of birth control you go with.

maybe you can make an appointment with your doctor and talk about your options? he/she will have the knowledge to help you make the best decision.
Plan B is something that you should only take in an emergency, such as if you have sex and you're not taking birth control and didn't use a condom, or if the condom broke. It is not good to take a plan B more than once within 6 months. Go make an appointment with your doctor to talk about birth control options to go on, and please use condoms as well as birth control. Mind you that birth control takes a week to work, so if you have sex within that week, make sure that you're using condoms.

Invisible Fatcat

15,575 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lilith_Lilium
Ninja kyuubi13

Not when, before he ejaculates.

Oh yes before emotion_facepalm sorry I should have re-read what I wrote
It's awesome that you're taking the time to become more educated. Plan B is NOT the same as regular birth control.

Plan B is an emergency contraceptive IF the condom broke or if you believe your birth control failed (you believe you weren't taking it correctly). These pills are NOT to be used often.

Birth control pills or other methods are what you SHOULD be taking. Like nuvaring, IUD, the shot, regular pills.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/birth-control
Pull out method is not a good birth control method, but it is more helpful WITH the use of hormonal birth control. Don't do it without proper contraceptive because it's risky.

Spoopy Kitten

Best to look into female birth control first. They have patches, pills, shots, implants, inserts, ect. Talk to your doctor about them

Make your boyfriend wear a condom. If it doesnt break and c** doesnt spill out, its 100% effective against pregnancy

Plan B is the day after pill. If what ive read is right about it, it really wrecks havoc onto your body. Im talking about cramps, bleeding, headaches, body aches, nausea - everything. Only get this if you arnt using a condom and/or BC
I'm sure she meant birth control pills, not Plan B, that is if you have an oopsies and need to stop an egg from fertilizing, and your body really doesn't like it very much haha. I really suggest you look into different options, some people really hate taking the pill or really any kind of artificial hormones. There are shots, condoms, spermicides, inserts, etc. You should definitely research what you think is best for you, most require a visit to the doctor. Birth control PLUS condoms would definitely protect you, but honestly just birth control and pulling out should work very well, too. I mean nothing is 100% but I would trust the BC pills to work well enough with pull out to not worry about the condoms, but of course if you don't mind them then use everything you can, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff