Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Hunter

Okay I'm going to make this quick. First of all, I have a long history with anxiety.

For the past month or so I think I've been developing Separation anxiety. When I'm by myself, I'll get anxious and nauseous, and I worry that something bad will happen. A lot of the time I get this feeling at night when everyone is asleep, and I often worry myself into panic attacks and throwing up in the middle of the night. What I worry most about is that something will happen to me and no one will be around to help me. I'm a hypochondriac, and I constantly worry that I'll develop a horrible health problem. I've gone to therapy about this and I'm in the stage where I know nothing is wrong with me, but I still worry about it.

I'm 22, I still live with my parents, but I can take care of myself for the most part. My parents just left for their anniversary and they won't be be back until tomorrow, and I have two friends and my sister at home with me, but I'm already feeling anxious and sick and I just want to cry. I know They'll be fine and I know I'll be fine, but I can't help feeling this way.

I feel this way with my fiance as well. He lives with his parents and goes to work on the weekdays, so I don't really get to see him until the weekends, but I always end up making him spend the night or I spend the night at his house, because I can't really sleep unless I know he's with me. When I get sick in the middle of the night I usually call him and since he can't drive he's walked to my house at 1am before because I'm afraid that I'll throw up so much I pass out or get dehydrated(has almost happened several times).

I hate feeling like this because it makes me feel like a burden and it's hard for me to do things while I'm feeling this anxious. I'm under hardly any stress right now, so I have no idea why this just popped up.

I've talked to my boyfriend about it and he understands, and I've kind of touched on it with my parents, but all I told them is that I've been having anxiety issues. My mom helped me to get another appointment with my therapist and I'll be seeing her on the 24th, cuse it's been like almost two years since I've seen her.

My question is, how do I cope with this? How can I stop feeling this way?
Therapy will likely give you a lot og ideas, but you do need to stop calling your guy and making him come over (or going over to him) when you are in your own head. You need to not enable your fears and make it worse, but instead conquer them. Busy yourself so youa rent focusing on the what ifs, learn to deal with sleeping on your own. You cant latch yourself onto your fiance for all your life.

Demonic Hunter

legnanellaf5
Therapy will likely give you a lot og ideas, but you do need to stop calling your guy and making him come over (or going over to him) when you are in your own head. You need to not enable your fears and make it worse, but instead conquer them. Busy yourself so youa rent focusing on the what ifs, learn to deal with sleeping on your own. You cant latch yourself onto your fiance for all your life.
Well I only really call him over when I'm currently in the act of being sick. Other then that I try to calm down by myself. I get worried that I'll pass out on the bathroom floor, because that's almost happened before and it would be technically considered an emergency.. And that's usually on the weekends.
Mari Kyomo
legnanellaf5
Well I only really call him over when I'm currently in the act of being sick. Other then that I try to calm down by myself. I get worried that I'll pass out on the bathroom floor, because that's almost happened before and it would be technically considered an emergency.. And that's usually on the weekends.

But your boyfriend isnt the first person you call for that, since you could call the hispital if you are really worried about your health, and if you just need a person there...you did say you have siblings. That and you are overs at eachother's houses really enables this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff