Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know how to explain it..

I am a female.
My boyfriend and I have known each other about 10 years, since we were young..
We were off and on at that time, then I moved for 4 out of that 10 years, but kept in touch.
I ended up moving back and we ran into each other sometime after graduation.
We hit it off real well, and ended up being in a relationship together.
He is in the Navy, and has been deployed for about 7 months last year.
We remained pretty strong.
And this month, he's taking a trip here to me, and we're getting married.
I can't wait.

However we've been fighting a lot lately, I don't know why, but we seem to fight over nothing it seems. We almost never fight when we're together. We think it's the distance.

However, yesterday I don't know why, but I must've said something wrong (he doesn't tell me why).
And it set him off so bad that he changed the status on facebook to single, and deleted it as well.
Wondering why, I texted and called him, only to get a "Don't text me, Don't call me."
I stayed up till about 4am, calling and texting. He ignored it all.

Today I got a text saying "I miss you babe"
I told him "Why did you break up with me?"
"I never said it was over"

We ended up talking and he apologized for how he handled things last night..then aparently, what set him off was the fact that when we were talking, something I said triggered an argument and that when he said he needed to go take a break, I asked why??
How confusing.

So anyway,
We fixed everything...

But suddenly...I just don't even want to talk to him..I feel like complete crap! And I don't really have any feelings about it...

It's hard to explain.

What exactly am I feeling?
I guess I'm just sort of..speechless..or dumb-founded...but why?

I love this man with all my heart and I know I want it to work out..

Dapper Millionaire

You might be subconsciously second-guessing your relationship with this guy. When is the last time you two have seen each other in person? I know distance can be a huge issue and spur a lot of arguments, I've had the same problem before. And when you're apart, how often do you talk to each other on the phone? If its pretty often, maybe cutting down the phone time, so you can have your space and maybe you won't argue as often?
If you love him, try and work it out. It doesn't seem like you two have some major issues from what I gathered, just distance is making you both frustrated and angry, and you take it out on each other.

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Perhaps you are over thinking it. My husband and I when separated for long periods of time (he was in the navy too) tend to get pig headed at both ends. One will take something the wrong way and the other will be too stubborn to step down. It happens sometimes. Perhaps you just nee dot not think about it. You don't have to desire to talk to him all the time. It is not a requirement.
weeneez
You might be subconsciously second-guessing your relationship with this guy. When is the last time you two have seen each other in person? I know distance can be a huge issue and spur a lot of arguments, I've had the same problem before. And when you're apart, how often do you talk to each other on the phone? If its pretty often, maybe cutting down the phone time, so you can have your space and maybe you won't argue as often?
If you love him, try and work it out. It doesn't seem like you two have some major issues from what I gathered, just distance is making you both frustrated and angry, and you take it out on each other.
The last time I saw him was when he was on a short leave..December 28th-January 1st ,of this year..
We don't talk much on the phone..usually only when it's an emergency (aka a fight) due to the cost of minutes since he lost his sprint phone.

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
To be honest, I get the same way with my boyfriend of 3 years. Sometimes he just randomly gets mad and says the awfullest things to me. He ignores me, but then when he does talk to me he acts as if nothing happened and I have no reason to be upset- and that pisses me off so bad. I don't want to talk to him or anything because frankly they don't deserve to be talked to.

The reason you don't want to talk to him is because his apology isn't enough. There was no reason for him to be mad at you and you aren't going to feel better until you know he realizes that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff