Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Info.

My friend told me an important detail. He told me that Bob (The love interest) have a split personality. As I do more research, I found out he have DID or Multiple personality disorder. I was talking to my friends how he acts. They said, "He layers himself in masks," and he even admits that he have a split personality. I brought up the subject to him and he is denying everything. He says that he acts normal and I'm just over thinking it. He even say that the 'fight' that we had, was him just messing with us. If that was the case, he stressed out my friend who was trying to help him to the fullest and I went on a worrying rampage. However I been getting a different story from others. They like to explain it in....insanity. so what to do?

Original Post

This is very confusing..
-
I been having a problem. My friend (Call him Bob) and I liked each other for a year. Our relationship developed very slowly. We couldn't go out due to my mother. That's not the problem.
It started after my sweet 16. We finally had our first kiss. I was very happy. However when I saw him at school on Monday, he ran away from me. As the days go by, he became more distant to me which hurts my feelings. I was worrying to the point that I gained stomach aches, headaches and even chest pains. I was working on getting over my past relationship to be with him so I was already stressing out. So I kept on questioning myself if he still likes me which made me gone insane.
At the time, he had been hanging out with my best friend. (Let call her Pan.) Pan had been my best friends since pre-K. They gotten REALLY close in the past two months which I don't mind. But I notice... he looked so much happier with her and hugged her but refused to hug me. She saw him more than I do throughout the day. I gotten scares since I thought he was going to like her soon. He even sent me a text saying, "Perfect kiss moment," While she was clinging to his arms. Even at the play, they were cuddling. I have to put out, Pan have a boyfriend. They kept on telling me that they are just bro and sis. I was still worrying tho (My anxiety.) I believed them.
Two nights ago, my friend helped me why he had been acting this way to me. He got so confused. He told me what he said. 1.) If I don't see him on a daily basics, he start to lose contact with me. 2.) He doesn't want to hurt me and him. 3.) He is heart broken over his ex. For 2 and 3 I understand why he doesn't want to be in a relationship but 1. I tried texting him every day. I bring food to him and I tried to invite him everywhere. I even quit track just to spend more time with him. He always said that he is busy but Pan said that he text her everyday and do a bunch of rps. He barely texts me!
We finally got to talk. It ended up...1.) He still likes me. 2.) He have to find his true self. 3.) He shares his insanity with Pan. 4.) It looks like he wants to be with me so he say to wait. 5.) He is in conflict with himself. 6.) He still cares.
I really like him and I'm willing to wait. Even when he says don't help, I still help or tried to. I worry and care too much for him. He is my first real crush and now he took my first kiss. I don't know what to do at this point. What do you think about this?
He doenst have DID. Really people who have DID dont really know they are turning into their alter (that is something they need to work with a therapist for), and it isnt a 'mask' but a separate personality. Usually with a separate name, can be a different age, etc. Bob being a d**k isnt a 'split personality', its him being a d**k to you.

Give up on him already, you are wasting so much energy on this guy who actually cares so little about you.

Shy Wife

I'm sorry, I'm going to be a d**k.

It sounds like Bob stopped liking you and is now grasping about for any reason to discontinue what you two had without seeming like "The d**k". If you end it then he's off the hook, right? Either way, he doesn't seem interested in you anymore, and while that's hard to understand and hurts you should move on. He's causing way more harm then good, and judging by your post it hurts quite a bit.

There are better, bigger, and nicer fish in the sea.
Go get them.

Kitten

He has nothing wrong with him, he's playing you like violin all over the place. Drop him, he doesn't like you but lost. Likes your friend but wants to keep you around for funsey's because knows you really do like him and will let him do the s**t he does because you do, and you will do what he wants you to do when he wants it.

Leave the dog and continue to fix yourself on your own instead of relying on someone else to heal the heartache from the last relationship.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Take it from someone who actually has DID, that's not how a person really acts.As everyone else said he has nothing wrong with him. He's just playing you

Golden Gekko

I actually had a guy I was with who tried to pull some personality disorder based of the story that he had a twin in the womb that died, so he got that personality as well. (or something along those lines). I never really saw this in play when we hung out. He usually used it to explain his sudden change in attitude when he was texting me. I personally think he used it as a cover up to ask for n***s and stuff like that.

But to get back to your point. If he does actually have a personality disorder (or technically considered a disassociative disorder), than you might not want to get invovled with that since he's refusing he has it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff