Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
So there is this Muslim guy in my class who is trying to convert me into Islam. I want him to leave me alone. I don't bother him with books like "The God Delusion" so why does he have to annoy me with the Qur'an. Hey Muslims of Gaia how do I get this douche bag off my back without hurting his feelings.

Update:

02/11/13

I was at class today and successfully avoided him. I pretty much snubbed him. He wont be talking to me.

Hilarious Prophet

Ignore his feelings because this people pleasing isn't gonna get him off of your tail.
Say everything you just said.

Hilarious Prophet

Fermionic
What he said here was too soft, he can do better.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Fermionic

He seems like one of those temperamental arab types that could explode at any moment. Ha. That was funny, racist, and kinda true.
There are three routes I can fathom. Go on to the next one if you are unsuccessful.
1. Politely remind him that you are not trying to force any beliefs whatsoever down his throat, and request the same respect.
2. Hand him one scientific paper every time he hands you a leaflet advertising his religion.
3. Very abruptly explain the concept of burden of proof. This is a really simple concept. If someone tells you that there is a 700,000 pound doughnut on the the moon in a welded-shut box made of titanium the size of a cigarette pack, sitting on the ground, protected by a ring of invisible fire, it is not your responsibility to prove that it is in fact there, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. It is default to not believe in lunar doughnuts that are not sized proportionately to their weight until it is otherwise proven.

Hilarious Prophet

Lord Boethiah
Fermionic

He seems like one of those temperamental arab types that could explode at any moment. Ha. That was funny, racist, and kinda true.
Let him blow.
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic

Unless you have a stated goal, that word is less appropriate than alternatives would be.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
forever_fears
There are three routes I can fathom. Go on to the next one if you are unsuccessful.
1. Politely remind him that you are not trying to force any beliefs whatsoever down his throat, and request the same respect.
2. Hand him one scientific paper every time he hands you a leaflet advertising his religion.
3. Very abruptly explain the concept of burden of proof. This is a really simple concept. If someone tells you that there is a 700,000 pound doughnut on the the moon in a welded-shut box made of titanium the size of a cigarette pack, sitting on the ground, protected by a ring of invisible fire, it is not your responsibility to prove that it is in fact there, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. It is default to not believe in lunar doughnuts that are not sized proportionately to their weight until it is otherwise proven.

Thanks. This stuff I can actually use.
Lord Boethiah
Fermionic

It was only the second of those things.

Witty Sex Symbol

9,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Fermionic
Lord Boethiah
Fermionic

Oh come on now where is your sense of humor. The only kinda true part is that he seems like someone who would lose his temper just by how I've seen him talk. The rest was just me being cheeky.

Hilarious Prophet

Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic

Unless you have a stated goal, that word is less appropriate than alternatives would be.
The goal is explicit and use of alternatives isn't necessary.
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic

It is anything but. It leaves one to either question your understanding of words, or your intelligence in general.
Lord Boethiah
Fermionic
Lord Boethiah
Fermionic

Oh come on now where is your sense of humor. The only kinda true part is that he seems like someone who would lose his temper just by how I've seen him talk. The rest was just me being cheeky.

My sense of humour doesn't extend to poor jokes on predictable and cliché topics.

Hilarious Prophet

Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic
Jacque De Molay
Fermionic

It is anything but. It leaves one to either question your understanding of words, or your intelligence in general.
A religious zealot would stop trying to reason with if counter-rhetoric by nature lacks reason.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff