Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinion of the guys

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 8, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Ok... so a friend just messaged me on AIM (yeah, big surprise seeing as nobody ever messages me). Anyways.... she's like "how are you doing?". I tell her "i'm tired". She tells me "me too. Plus I don't feel good because I started my period today". Then she goes on to give me the details and all of that. I wasn't grossed out or anything. I'm just like "ok.... sorry to hear that".

Now let me explain that I do have a lot of female friends who are perfectly comfortable talking to me about their monthly cycle and even sometimes get into the details of "this is where I was at when it started" or something like that. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm quite flattered that I have so many female friends who would share something like that with me....

My question for the guys is, do you have a lot of female friends who talk to you about their monthly patterns and such? If so, are you the kind of guy who is just grossed out by it or are you just cool with it? I'm just curious where other guys stand....
Huh, I wish I had more guy friends like you. Most of mine freak out whenever I say that I have cramps. stare
lol. well trust me, there prolly more details they dont tell you....
silverchair
lol. well trust me, there prolly more details they dont tell you....

probably.... but i hear plenty.... i just feel good i can be there to listen to those friends rant and rave and complain or whatever....
Ahem. Well, the last time I checked I was a girl, but hey, I feel like i should be able to come in here if I want to come in here or not.

I think that most guys I know don't mind it so much. For most it is in one ear out the other, and hey you all should feel flattered that we are that comfortable sharing that kind of information with you people.

Thank God I don't have to deal with mine, seeing as how I am on Depro.

And last but not least, it should not come as a surprise to you that someone messaged you. YOU never message people anymore either. It is a two way street smile
I have a lot of female friends like that too. It doesn't really bother me but then again out of all of their male friends I'm told that I'm the most reserved so... sweatdrop

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have a few aquaintances that tell me stuff like that. I don't mind it, either.
Dude i know exactly how you feel.I've gone to stores to get tampons for friends of mine.
I just tell my boyfriend about all that stuff. But he's not freaked out about it. In fact he feels sorry for me, and is EXTRA nice. And he's already super nice as it is. So I feel like a queen for those 3 days
s'okay, I don't mind them.
All my friends that are girls do the same thing but really I dont really care when they tell me.
Danzen
Dude i know exactly how you feel.I've gone to stores to get tampons for friends of mine.

I've never had to go to the store for a friend before. They've never asked me to do that. I'm sure one day, I'll have to do that, and I don't think I'll mind doing it... :-\
Most, heck, all, the guys I know are grossed out about it. >.>; If a girl starts talking about it, they're like, "OMG NARSTY!!!!11oneoneone!!1" I don't get it. :/ It's a natural part of life, isn't it?
FIREnICE203
My question for the guys is, do you have a lot of female friends who talk to you about their monthly patterns and such? If so, are you the kind of guy who is just grossed out by it or are you just cool with it? I'm just curious where other guys stand....
*shrug* I hear about it every now and then. Usually in the context of "These cramps suck" or something like that. Honestly, I'm perfectly comfortable with a girl telling me about this kind of stuff. However, I do think that there is a time and place for everything. Manners and discretion should be the rule as this shouldn't be a dinner topic. 3nodding
Well, as Ruby and trose (and another female as well) posted in here, it's now my turn. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Anyway.. I think it depends on the girl.. :/ I don't mention it too much unless it's like "Are you alright?" "Nooooo... craaaaammmpppppssssss... X.x" So.. Yeah. :/ And I've known a lot of girls who will give me too much information on it.. So it can be awkward for girls, too. I don't care how close a friendship is, I don't need to know about them plugging up leaks in detail.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff