Welcome to Gaia! ::

In the past weeks, I've been trying to get close to my crush.
I confirmed that I officially scared the hell out of him when I finally got the courage to add him on Facebook and he completely ignored it. Not to be a stalker but to make sure I wasn't being paranoid I saw that he has had activity and saw my friend request and ignored it.

At school, I feel like he's been intentionally not hanging out with his friends because I'm friends with them. So there's this system kinda, where he can hang out with one group and this other group. And whenever I'm with one group, he's at the other, and so on. At first I thought it was just coincidence but now I'm convinced.

Also, I have a feeling he knows that I like him because everyone is being so freaking painfully obvious about it.

One friend of mine, jumps at every opportunity to say hi to him JUST BECAUSE I'M THERE.
Yesterday their conversation went like this.

My friend: "HIII!"
Him: "Hi!"
My friend: "(me) is good today!!"

WHAT. First of all, he didn't even ask what I was doing. What was even more embarrassing is that I was right there and I could've talked to him myself, and I couldn't look at them so I just turned away. I wish I saw his reaction. Oh well, it was probably a bad one.

Also, his friends totally want us together so they said they would help me. According to them they would talk to him last night, so I guess it can't be more obvious now.

So yeah, my friends are just calling me paranoid, but I think not at this point.

Am I being paranoid? (keep pursuing!) Should I officially just back the hell up and leave him alone? (move on.....)

OG Cutie-Pie

To be honest, it does sound like he's attempting to politely distance himself from you.

But the only way to know for sure is to ask.
Perstaria
To be honest, it does sound like he's attempting to politely distance himself from you.

But the only way to know for sure is to ask.

Sorry, I wanna sure I get this right...
Ask... ask what he thinks of me? Ask if he likes me? Ask if he's avoiding me? gonk
Obviously I want this to work... and I'd be sad if we can't even be friends.
Ask if he's avoiding you. Cause it sounds to me like he's trying to put distance between the two of you without flat out saying "Stay the hell away from me! I'm not interested!"

Familiar Citizen

just ask him. He may distance himself from you because he's not interested, or he may be confused and unsure of his own feelings and need space. Or it could indeed be coincidence when he chooses to hang out with the other group (or have nothing to do with you per se but since you're there to add another person to the present group he wouldn't feel bad leaving for the other group for the time being). Or he may not be avoiding you and you're looking too far into things.

I think that it's time that you just talk to him. Tell him you like him, and ask him out. If he doesn't feel the same, that's okay. But then things will be out, you would have had your chance and if things don't work out you have a more solid base to move on from.
Sounds like immature bullshit. Also... Facebook... How do you kids use it?
[Castration Pop]
Sounds like immature bullshit. Also... Facebook... How do you kids use it?

Its simple really, pretend to be extroverted and popular, add the entire school and maybe a few strangers here and there. Then when somebody who was added says hi they go and ignore them because their introversion does give them the capacity to truly be friendly with others.
This reminded me of a situation with this girl. After I met her, I developed a crush on her; therefore I tried adding her, and with that I sent a friendly message. She ignored my request for a month before I canceled the request, meanwhile she was continuing to add other random people. Thought she was trying to play hard to get, so I tried to ask her for a date and was told she was busy on that day and in a woman's dictionary busy means no. She seemed interested for a while in keeping me as a friend, but I gave her a taste of her own medicine by avoiding/ignoring her in real life. b***h...to this day we haven't exchanged a single word since January.
At Dusk And Forever
This reminded me of a situation with this girl. After I met her, I developed a crush on her; therefore I tried adding her, and with that I sent a friendly message. She ignored my request for a month before I canceled the request, meanwhile she was continuing to add other random people. Thought she was trying to play hard to get, so I tried to ask her for a date and was told she was busy on that day and in a woman's dictionary busy means no. She seemed interested for a while in keeping me as a friend, but I gave her a taste of her own medicine by avoiding/ignoring her in real life. b***h...to this day we haven't exchanged a single word since January.

I'm really sorry about that. I just canceled the friend request today, haha. My friend said to send it again, but... for what? So he can ignore it again? I don't even understand why you wouldn't add me!

My situation is odd because he is possibly one of the sweetest boys ever, so why would he be doing this? I mean, that's the reason I like him, because he's so nice. I don't wanna say I was wrong because.. he might not be intentionally ignoring me, right? It's crazy because I like him so much.

And thanks for the replies everyone. I think I might confront him soon. Not on Monday, but maybe at the end of the week, like Thursday. I'll see how this goes.

Lonely Noob

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Sounds like middle school stuff.

Dapper Millionaire

Just go to him and ask him what his deal is and ask him why he's avoiding you.
Za The SITUASIAN
Sounds like middle school stuff.

Sorry, does my part sound immature? sweatdrop
It's true I've never gone out with anyone so I'm a complete noob about this stuff!
also we're in high school

Gawker

I don't think you scared him off by adding him on Facebook. If you're friends in real life, how would he feel awkward about being friends on Facebook?

I think someone's just spilled the beans and he's trying to distance to not risk potentially leading you on. But just talk to him about it to be on the safe side. Let him know how you feel, but let him know you understand completely if he's not interested and you don't want it to interfere with your friendship.
Rhouis
I don't think you scared him off by adding him on Facebook. If you're friends in real life, how would he feel awkward about being friends on Facebook?

I think someone's just spilled the beans and he's trying to distance to not risk potentially leading you on. But just talk to him about it to be on the safe side. Let him know how you feel, but let him know you understand completely if he's not interested and you don't want it to interfere with your friendship.

We're not really friends is the thing. Just barely. We know each other through classes but like I said it's been hard to talk to him...

Someone telling him is a very likely possibility, since so many people know. gonk
I have to say this was very useful, though devastating. Sigh. Thanks for the help.

Gawker

starsparkling
Rhouis

We're not really friends is the thing. Just barely. We know each other through classes but like I said it's been hard to talk to him...

Someone telling him is a very likely possibility, since so many people know. gonk
I have to say this was very useful, though devastating. Sigh. Thanks for the help.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces