Welcome to Gaia! ::

Basically, he's not into them hardcore, but he's been smoking pot every so often and getting drunk whenever his parents have parties.
Anyway, some girl he knows (who's pretty into the whole drug thing) gave him something called Poppers today. It's a non-toxic non-addictive (ironic seeing how most drugs are addictive and toxic...) drug that's taken by inhaling. It lasts for about 2-5 minutes and it causes your muscles to relax and makes you hyper, as well as gives you the typical drug high where everything looks "trippy".

Getting to the point, he only had 2 chances at it today but both times he was walking sideways, really hyper, and his arms flew around like Jack Sparrow's did in PotC. (He also denied that he was walking funny, claiming he was walking in a straight line. If I hadn't grabbed him, he probably would've tripped over something or gotten hit by a car!) Funny, yes, but on a more serious note, what do I do? He knows how I feel about drugs. We're both Christians, and I've never touched drugs or alcohol in my life. Basically, if either of our parents found out....my mom would never let me see him again and his mom would ground him for life.

NOTE: I want advice. Not critiscism, which includes anything along the lines of "dumping his druggie a**". If you could tell me a bit more about the stuff that'd be great too. For example, some negative side effects or something.
maybe u should dump him ~><~
luvJC4eversoul
maybe u should dump him ~><~

stare Thanks...glad to see you can read.
sit him down and tell him how much you care for him and that he shouldn't ruin his life with drugs. Let him know you care and are willing to help him.
Well, if you don't like him for doing this I think you should really have a talk with him about the whole situation. Really make it clear that you don't want him doing drugs. If you really have a problem with it and can't be with him because of it, maybe you should leave? If you can handle it, then just let him know how you feel about it and let it go. If you have a problem with it but you don't want to lose him, maybe you should just live with it?

My opinion.
have you tried talking to him. he may not realize how much the drug issue means to you. don't assume anything, seriously. see what he says.

does his doing pot bother you either? this would also be something to bring up too
Tell him that it really bothers you that he is using drugs and getting drunk. If he doesn't want to change because of you then their is nothing else that you can do.
Chaos.USoA
Tell him that it really bothers you that he is using drugs and getting drunk. If he doesn't want to change because of you then their is nothing else that you can do.

Kinda sounds like the whole "If you really loved me you'd...." thing. Only this is a lot better than pressuring him into sex smile

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yeah, i think its best to show him how much the stuff hes doing is hurtng you inside. If he still does it afterwards...then you might have to dump him. At that point, you should be able to see which is more important to him.
I think he may have a serious problem. But the others are right, all you can do is tell him how much it would mean to you for him to stop and that you really don't like that he uses drugs. You can suggest that he get help, and find out information about rehab programs for him. But, ultimately, the desire to stop has to come from him. It won't last if he doesn't want to change for himself. Hopefully, you talking with him about your concerns will knock some sense into him and make him realize that it's a very dangerous path he's going down, but if it doesn't, there's nothing more you can do. Then it's up to you to decide if you can stand to stay with him and watch him go down that path if he doesn't want to change. Good luck.
Koiyuki
Yeah, i think its best to show him how much the stuff hes doing is hurtng you inside. If he still does it afterwards...then you might have to dump him. At that point, you should be able to see which is more important to him.

I just finished talking to one of our mutual friends and she's really worried about him too. Neither of us really had any idea up until today. But she said that she's pretty upset about the whole thing too.

I'm also trying to be pretty lenient, as it's our first year in high school and most people want to try that anyway. But that's only because I don't want to sound like his mom or grandmother or something.
<center> Well, maybe look up the drugs? You might find some negative effects?

As long as he doesn't do drugs around you, I dont see the problem. If it bothers you, just talk to him. Talk to him about how doing drugs bothers you and explain that if anyone found out you wouldn't be able to see him anymore. If he still doesn't stop and it still concerns you, maybe you should leave? You and him should probally just sit down and have a nice, long chat about it.</center>
Anytime a substance creates an adverse mental affect such as "trippyness" it's toxic.
ainotenchi
I just finished talking to one of our mutual friends and she's really worried about him too. Neither of us really had any idea up until today. But she said that she's pretty upset about the whole thing too.

I'm also trying to be pretty lenient, as it's our first year in high school and most people want to try that anyway. But that's only because I don't want to sound like his mom or grandmother or something.

While it's natural to want to try things when you get into high school and college, this is how serious problems begin. If he comes to depend on drugs to feel up when he's depressed, it will become even harder for him to stop. Or he may never be able to stop, if he becomes really dependent and addicted to it. It's best to try to help him to stop now before it gets to a point where he can't stop.
Thanks for all the positive advice and encouragement. I've been a total head case lately and now I find out today that he's been hiding things from me.

It's bad enough that I have to make sure my friend doesn't use his knife on himself, so I can hardly deal with this as well.

Keep it coming!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces