Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Pirate

Arietta
thanks for telling me that smile i never really thought that the (especially neon) ones could be poisonous... Plus the rubber will be safe incase I don't clean it thoroughly/properly

Oh totally, there is no governing body to check the health safety/content of sex toys. Slap a "novelty only" somewhere on the packaging and you are legally covered.

The vimeo below is an interview/narrative with the owner of smitten kitten about toxic sex toys.

http://vimeo.com/40545180#

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sermanther
Pfft. I wouldn't get toys if I lived under my parents' roof unless they're very open-minded, but that's not common. I'd be afraid of them finding it because you know how mothers are invading and cleaning your room. Well, at least mine. Use your hands or find something you can "play" with safely.
I had toys under my parents roof since I was about 16 or 17. I had an ex buy me stuff and then I bought stuff online when I got old enough and had my current husband buy me stuff. I dont think my parents would have cared it is a normal urge I have caught them both masturbating before(they dont live together).
Arietta
No I'm not a troll.. Just too lazy to ponder around a title.

Anyways LD, serious question here from a somewhat confused/curious young gal. (Question at bottom if ya feel like skippin this). Being my age (16) I have sexual desire. I do not want to fulfill it with a partner because of the 1028373718 risks not to mention the risk of pregnancy :p But it is still there and obviously just 'won't go away'. Anyways because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.. But with toys. D's, vibrators...

But is 16 too young to own a pleasure toy? Like, will fulfilling this urge just create a larger one? Am I too young to even be thinking about sex? :/

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong area... Isn't really a life issue but I'm seeking serious answers/advice. Merci smile

In most states, you can't go to an 'adult toy store' until you are 18 (though I do know they sell some vibrators, things of that sort at Spencer's, lol) but no, I do not think that you're too young to own that kind of 'toy'. Coming from a 20-something who used to work at said type of novelty store, those toys can be a girl's best friend, and there is no shame in using one for your own satisfaction, ESPECIALLY because you are obviously mature enough to make the decision about not having sex with a partner because of all the inherent risks, you are certainly age-wise not too young to be thinking about sex. Masturbating is natural, and there is nothing wrong with having a little fun wink I would recommend (if you can get one) getting a small-ish glass vibrator (the Icicles line has a lot of pretty ones that are pretty powerful) with a removable glass sleeve. No, the glass won't break, but I find it very easy to clean, and kind of fun to play with when it's cold xP one with a G-spot curve is nice, but optional.

Hope this helps! 3nodding
Get a wand massager most women I know love them and you can get them without going to an adult store.
A few things to keep in mind that a lot of society will refute.
1. There is no `correct age` to experience sexual desires.
2. There is no `correct age` to self satisfy those urges.
3. There is no `correct age` to start using sex toys.
4. This is not shameful; just about everybody does it sometime between birth and death.

My advice; research the specific make of the toy to ensure that you are properly cleaning it. Beyond that, have fun!

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Arietta
No I'm not a troll.. Just too lazy to ponder around a title.

Anyways LD, serious question here from a somewhat confused/curious young gal. (Question at bottom if ya feel like skippin this). Being my age (16) I have sexual desire. I do not want to fulfill it with a partner because of the 1028373718 risks not to mention the risk of pregnancy :p But it is still there and obviously just 'won't go away'. Anyways because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.. But with toys. D's, vibrators...

But is 16 too young to own a pleasure toy? Like, will fulfilling this urge just create a larger one? Am I too young to even be thinking about sex? :/

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong area... Isn't really a life issue but I'm seeking serious answers/advice. Merci smile

when you are ready, you are ready. age does not dictate this, its a hormonal thing. Ehhh...toys? why not. Everyone masturbates at one time or another although there are some women that have a harder time with sex and can not orgasm......thats another story.

gramps

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces