Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dreamer

No I'm not a troll.. Just too lazy to ponder around a title.

Anyways LD, serious question here from a somewhat confused/curious young gal. (Question at bottom if ya feel like skippin this). Being my age (16) I have sexual desire. I do not want to fulfill it with a partner because of the 1028373718 risks not to mention the risk of pregnancy :p But it is still there and obviously just 'won't go away'. Anyways because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.. But with toys. D's, vibrators...

But is 16 too young to own a pleasure toy? Like, will fulfilling this urge just create a larger one? Am I too young to even be thinking about sex? :/

Ps sorry if this is in the wrong area... Isn't really a life issue but I'm seeking serious answers/advice. Merci smile
Honestly Not really. I have plenty of friends who use toys to feed that craving pleasure. And if you still think it's not such a good idea, think of your choices. Sex which comes with many unwanted possibilities (Such as a child) or a innocent pleasure tool, it would feed all the sexual tension you crave, and you won't want to have sex when you're with him until you know for a fact you're ready.

2,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
You masturbate normally already, right? A vibrator is a good supplement, why not? You can go somewhere like Spencer's and get a cheap bullet vibrator for like 15 bucks. Nobody cares and they won't check for your age. You can do the same for a d***o, if you want.

Do what you want. There isn't a universally accepted age for masturbation or anything. It's only a problem once it starts interfering with your day to day life or you start feeling like things are getting out of control.
Is 16 too young? My knee-jerk reaction is yes!... but... then I think about when I was 16 and it's pretty obvious for most people that by 16 the urges are there. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with self pleasuring - it really beats the alternative of going out to find someone to do it for you without the proper precautions and all the risks involved. However, be aware that if you want to buy what are termed 'marital aids' or 'adult toys' you're going to probably have to have an adult buy them for you. No Adult store will allow people under 18 to enter (at least not in my state). If your parents are at all open minded I'd suggest talking to them about it. If they're not, self pleasuring doesn't necessarily need items to be pleasurable. If my 16 year old said she wanted such an item I have to admit I wouldn't be happy - but if she came to me at 17 and said she wanted one and told me the reasons I'd probably say ok - because lets face it - it's better than her coming home with an std or pregnant. If it's on your mind a lot though you probably should talk to your parents about it.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
I think that you are way too young to own a toy. Mostly because of the obvious parental issues. I highly doubt you want to deal with THAT being found out. Also I think that there is a reason they are in 18+ stores.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Put plainly, there's no legal age for sexually maturing.

Toys are made to satisfy the needs of sexually mature people, not people of a certain age.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
angel_259236102
I think that you are way too young to own a toy. Mostly because of the obvious parental issues. I highly doubt you want to deal with THAT being found out. Also I think that there is a reason they are in 18+ stores.
The OP didn't even mention hiding these things from her parents.

Even if she did, as a parent of a 16yr old girl, you'd have to be pretty dense to be surprised by this, seriously.

Hardcore Noob

14,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You're not too young to masturbate or own a toy, IMO. And I think it's the responsible thing to do rather than having sex. It's good that you actually recognize that sex would be irresponsible and super risky at your age. Plus guys can be so immature and inconsiderate. I'm all for a toy as an alternative.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Brazekool
angel_259236102

Even if she did, as a parent of a 16yr old girl, you'd have to be pretty dense to be surprised by this, seriously.

So what if she didnt? I DID. Thats the point of bringing it up. Duh.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
angel_259236102
Brazekool
angel_259236102

So what if she didnt? I DID. Thats the point of bringing it up. Duh.
Oh it's an awareness thing I see.
Like "Be aware that if you have a possession your parents may find it". Cool.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
Arietta
"because of this I've thought about trying masturbation.."
User Image
Have you masturbated at all before? If you haven't I highly suggest you do that first.
Not just once or twice, but to get the hang of it. You seem to be asking about
penetrative toys in particular, so just a note.. most girls don't orgasm with just penetration.
So figure out how your body works first and then look into toys when you've 'mastered' that.

Honestly, there's no age to start masturbating. I started at 5 or 6. Maybe younger. User Image
I don't think you're too young. When I was 16 I got a vibrator. (Granted, it wasn't really supposed to be a vibrator...just a thing I took out of a massage pillow, but it worked great.)

As long as masturbation is not an addiction, it has many physical and emotional benefits. Copied from here:

-Masturbation helps prevent cervical infections and helps relieve urinary tract infections. While it’s general knowledge that regular masturbation can reduce the risk of prostate cancer in men, studies are showing that female masturbation can also provide protection against cervical infections because when women masturbate, the orgasm “tents” or opens the cervix.

-In her book Sex: A Natural History, Joann Ellison Rodgers describes how the process of tenting stretches and pulls the mucous within the cervix, allowing for a rise in acidity in the cervical fluid. This increases “friendly” bacteria and allows more fluid to move from the cervix into the v****a. When“old” fluid moves from the tented cervix, it not only lubricates the v****a, but also flushes out unfriendly organisms that can cause infections.

-Many women with urinary tract infections report the desire to masturbate when they feel a UTI coming on, and for a good reason: masturbating helps relieve pain and it flushes the old bacteria from the cervix. It’s the body’s way of getting the bacteria out.

-Masturbation is associated with improved cardiovascular health and lower risk of type-2 diabetes. In a number of studies, women who experienced more orgasms, and overall greater frequency and satisfaction with sex — whether with a partner or not — were shown to have greater resistance to coronary heart disease (CHD) and type-2 diabetes.

-Masturbation can help work against insomnia naturally, through hormonal and tension release. Many women masturbate as a means to wind down after a hectic day or to fall asleep at night, but they often don’t know that there’s a hormonal reason why it works. Dopamine, or the “feel-good” hormone, is on the rise during the anticipation of a sexual climax. After the climax, the calming hormones oxytocin and endorphins are released, making us feel the warm afterglow that helps us sleep.

-Orgasm increases pelvic floor strength. There are so many benefits to having a healthy pelvic floor. In the “plateau” stage of orgasm, the pelvic floor gets a real workout. The clitoris surges with increased blood pressure. Muscle tone, heart rate, and respirations increase. The uterus “lifts” off the pelvic floor, increasing pelvic muscle tension. This strengthens the entire region, as well as your sexual satisfaction.

-Improves our mood. Masturbation helps relieve depressive emotions. As we become aroused, the hormone levels of dopamine and epinephrine soar in our bodies. Both of these hormones are mood-boosters. Many studies show that women who report personal satisfaction with their sex lives live a better quality of life overall.

-Relieves stress. In her book For Yourself, noted sex therapist Lonnie Barbach explains that the stress resulting from avoiding sex can create the kind of body imbalances we mentioned earlier. She writes that masturbation can help relieve emotional stress by taking time for ourselves, amidst the demands of home, family, and work.

-Strengthens our relationship with ourselves. When we know, love, and nurture ourselves on emotional and physical levels, we gain confidence and grow through self-awareness. Being able to recognize, articulate, and experience what brings pleasure is a powerful step toward fulfillment.

-Strengthens sexual relationship with partner. Many couples have different sexual drives and needs. Masturbation is one way to meet personal needs not met by a partner. It can be shared with a partner. Witnessing a partner masturbate can teach us what methods our partners use so we can learn what they enjoy. It can also open the lines of communication between partners who otherwise might be assuming that the “routine” is still working.

Vibrators would probably be easier for you to come by considering your age. The smaller types are sometimes sold in the same places that sell condoms, like grocery stores and gas stations. If you find those to be age-restricted, there are also lots of pseudo-vibrators that aren't necessarily marketed as sex toys but can be just as effective.

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
No it's not "too young" to use a toy, but I don't know if you will be able to buy one at your age. The sex toy store where I live requires you to be of age to enter the store. Maybe you could ask an older friend to buy one for you? Or buy one for yourself if that is not a problem where you live.

Dapper Explorer

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Loiterer 100
your about 2 years to young to go to those type of stores but you may be able to get one from a store called Spencer's. They sell a whole bunch of other items too. If you do go for one, don't go really big and wide with your first one. You can hurt yourself.
Nothing wrong with getting a toy if it makes you happy. You may have some trouble buying one, as most websites and stores require you to be 18+. I actually had a friend who's mom worked at an adult toy store who was always offering to buy my friends and I toys because she didn't want us just going out and sleeping with random guys.

You can maybe try somewhere like Amazon, or if you have an older friend or sibling, they can get you one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff