Welcome to Gaia! ::

My friend is depressed and has stopped eating and talking for three days. I've tried to get her to eat, but she doesn't talk. She stopped talking. The only time she talks is on Instant Messanger. I'm trying to get her to eat something, but she just keeps telling me "I don't feel like it."

The reason she's depressed is because bullies have abused her all her life... It has gotten worse over the years, but somehow she's pulled through. She was always happy around people. But everyone brakes down eventually...

I don't know what to do to help her. This is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I'm scared; there's a limited amount of days that someone can go without food or water. I don't want her to die... crying
Well, keep trying to talk to her. Ask her to hang out at your house and order her favorite pizza and things like that. Spend time with her in places where she'll want to eat- movies, things like that.
I'd say tell your parents or her parents. They're the ones who can get her to a doctor and keep her away from bullies.
Tell her parents. Make them get her help.
SillyLittleEmoChild
I'd say tell your parents or her parents. They're the ones who can get her to a doctor and keep her away from bullies.
Thanks for the advice. smile
Tell her that if she cares about how you feel then she might eat around you. Make her feel safe and wanted. Do you know why she stopped eating and talking. i also agree with take her to places where she will want to eat and or order her favorite food make her see that you really care E- mail me if you need to talk.
Kamini Kitten
Tell her that if she cares about how you feel then she might eat around you. Make her feel safe and wanted. Do you know why she stopped eating and talking. i also agree with take her to places where she will want to eat and or order her favorite food make her see that you really care E- mail me if you need to talk.

Wow Kamini Kitten. You are all over the place! 3nodding
Take a self defence class with her. My sister and mother took Krav Magra which is Israeli Street fighting and my sister hasn't gotten bullied for years.

It also helps if you're not too strong inside too. I took my ex to karate for a year.

Just being there for her can be an excuse to use.
Best Option: Keep doing what your doing. My friend has had similar issues, and he pulled through. Be there for her, even if they say they don't want you to be with them. Express YOUR concern, tell them that YOU care. Friends are very important and you need to be there for them.

My Usual Option: Kick the bullies asses. (I box, so it isn't that hard. xd ) And still be there for them.

Wrost Option: Give up on them.

THE CRAZY JOKER: DIZTURBED HAS GIVEN ADIVCE TO YOU! YOU MAY FEEL HONOURED NOW!
Show her that you care. I've dealt with my fair share of bullies and, if sexual harrasment is involved, it is not a pretty thing. This may have negative effects on her self esteem, especially if she is overweight. Talk to her parents. They NEED to know about this, it is imperitive to her health. They may be able to help her. She may become angry at you, but it IS for the best, TRUST ME. Been there, done that.
Tell her parents right away. But, don't worry about her wasting away because of her lack of food. People can survive atleast 3 months without eating. It won't be good but still they can. *when she's sleeping over or something... Put something Really good in her mouth so she tastes it. Then she will eat it.
I don't have problems with bullies, bullies have problems with me. They bug me or my friends and in school I say something to make them look stupid, out of school I do whatever seems nessacary. So far I havn't had to do more than literally kick one in the a**.

I've never been in the kind of slump your friend is in, and my friends don't stay that way for long because I make jokes so they forget the harassment almost immediately.

But telling someone about the problem is probably a good thing. If you arn't sure how to help, maybe someone else can.
i know what it's like to be bullied all your life. my own cousins tell me how much of a "freak" and "whore" i am every day when ever they can find me...all of their friends have memorized my face and scream out the names infront of my only friend....he looks down at me alot for taking the abuse. some times it doesn't matter if you tell your parents, they don't care...like my dad.....he's treated me like crap ever since my mom devorced him and left. i've delt with abuse for 15 years, and i still break down, my friend worries that i will become cold and unresponcive to love and affection....the only time my dad cared was when i snapped and almost killed rob (my dear cousin*twitches*). he said that because i spoke back to them, i degrated myself...he yelled at me untill midnight that night, telling me how it's my fault that i'm called names and how it's my fault that i break down and cry too hard to breathe....and how i need help...he needs help, let me tell you something... your friend needs to be with you, show her that you care for her, and that she means the world to you...hearing that from my friends would make me happy.
Mm...counselor? They don't do much, but after hearing they talk for awhile, things will start sinking in. Explain to her that what she is doing is dangerous and she needs to be strong. As for her being abuse, tell a grow up. No one should have to deal with it, alone. Remind her about the people who care about her, and loves her. Like you. ^__^

I hope everything works out.
You should tell someone older such as her parents and a self defense class would be a good idea too. If I was you I'd buy her lots of gifts, take her to her favorite places. If she was my best friend, and nothing worked, I would shove the food down her throat, I don't give if people think I'm being too rough, friendship like the friendship you two have is too precious to lose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff