Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ever since my first years of high school, around the time of my period, or AFTER my period, large, hard bumps filled with pus almost always seemed to develop in my pubic area. I'm at a loss at why exactly they appear, but I know that it can't be an STD, considering the fact that I am a virgin and had not been having sexual contact at that time (my early middle school years were my "discovery" years.)

The bumps usually range to medium and large, and when they are touched, they become quite sore. Recently, I actually tried to burst one and I was able to push the core of the bump out. My bump seemed to gradually dry up and become smaller after a couple of hours.

Does anyone here know exactly what this is? And if not, should I take a trip to the gynecologist?
i would go to a gynecologist, just so that you can be sure that you accurately find out what it is
doctor now.
I would probably go get it checked out. But, it could just be like...a pimple. You know, they happen in the oddest places. :/

Fashionable Vampire

6,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Noodle Hierarchy
I would probably go get it checked out. But, it could just be like...a pimple. You know, they happen in the oddest places. :/
they can happen anywhere that there is a clogged pore. and you have pores everywhere on your body.
wokfie2
i would go to a gynecologist, just so that you can be sure that you accurately find out what it is

That's beginning to sound like a great idea. I'm sick and tired of not knowing what's going on with my body.
I'd definitely get that checked out. I'm really not sure what it could be.
Possibly just really bad ingrown hairs. But Gaia is not a substitute for a doctor. You'll have to go.
Sephina
Noodle Hierarchy
they can happen anywhere that there is a clogged pore. and you have pores everywhere on your body.

For the most part, I'm afraid that I've somehow contracted something from my sister, because from what I can remember, she had some issues with something also, but I don't know remember exactly what it was. I think that using the same towel, or maybe sitting on the toilet in public areas or at home had something to do with this, but at the same time, as you said, pimples are capable of appearing all over the body.

Either puberty is making me go completely haywire, or something more complicated is happening.
SaviorRedux
I'd definitely get that checked out. I'm really not sure what it could be.
Possibly just really bad ingrown hairs. But Gaia is not a substitute for a doctor. You'll have to go.

Funny how you just mention ingrown hairs. Usually, the bumps start as hard knots underneath my skin. And then they usually either burst on their on, if not always emitting pus. The latest one that appeared seemed to be quite hard yesterday, and showed no signs of bursting. But today, when I was using the bathroom, I noticed that it had begun to release pus.
Sounds just like pubic acne to me, but make that gynecologist appointment to be sure.

If I'm right, then you might be able to speed the damn things along through their cycle with a washcloth wet with very hot water or a hot bath.
Also, um. If you happen to bike on a regular basis or participate in another activity where you get very sweaty while your underwear is getting ground into your crotch, get in the habit of washing that area and putting on clean underwear directly afterwards. If you're not doing that already.
Freaking crotch zits. stare
do you shave down there? If so it could be ingrown hairs, i get them often

if not, its probably just acne
the pubic region is sweaty area
pores are clogged very easily

edit: Pubic acne is very painful
its due to the sensitive location
also when i had it i noticed the zits were hard and large
seems to me like this is your problem

all in all i dont think have have anything to worry about
if it gets too bad go to the doctor
he'll either diagnose you or prescribe some acne medication

Another thing that might help keep that area dry is pantyliners. Not pads, but the normal ones - they soak up sweat (and other fluids) and keep that area nice and dry.

I occasionally get zits down there (or rather, I used to until I started using pantyliners) and yes they start off as hard little balls, then they eventually come to the surface and break.

But seriously, seriously, seriously, go see your gyno. You might have something that isn't treatable via simple hygiene measures, and you'll want to get it fixed right away.
DUH
i didn't read your OP properly

"Ever since my first years of high school, around the time of my period, or AFTER my period"

its simple, your issue directly stems to your period!
your hormones are going crazy.
i used to get terrible acne when i whenever my period grew near

its just adolescence, you have no reason to worry
<3

BUT as i mentioned. If it really bothers you that bad im sure your doctor will prescribe you some acne medication
It sounds like some kind of acne, as everyone else has been guessing. The gynecologist will be able to tell you for sure.

Also, it is entirely possible to catch STDs from public toilets and things, honestly. It's never happened to me, but it almost did. I went into the bathroom of my college and was about to sit down on the toilet when I noticed little things jumping all around and I looked a bit closer and they were ******** CRABS all over the toilet seat. I don't normally use public toilets any more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff