Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
I have a serious obsession with aliens, that I believe is a problem. It all started with this crazy, super real vivid nightmare I had a couple of years ago...still remember nearly every detail of it. It's a lot to type so I won't say the dream, unless somebody asks.

I like go through phases with this...in which I'm freaking out the entire time. First it;ll start with the dreams, then I'll end up doing endless research, then I end up super paranoid, and then it just goes away. I don't know it's weird..I don't really feel comfortable posting this but since nobody really knows who I am..I'm posting it because I feel the need to talk to somebody about this.

I don't even know what to say about it. I get super scared, anxious. Have considered talking to my therapist who I haven't talked to in years about it...but she'll just think I'm crazy, like I'm sure you guys do.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
        I'm still scared of human-shaped shadows on my wall at night because, when I was really little, I'd have this reoccurring nightmare where there were shadows of the Egyptian deities marching on my walls around the room, and then when I pulled back the covers there were beetles all in the bed. These dreams were so vivid I would actually 'catch' some of the bugs and put them under glasses in my room; when I woke up in the morning there were glasses turned over, but no bugs.

That was likeā€¦ 15 years ago, about? And I still remember it, clear as day. So unless we're both crazy, this is not a reason to think you've gone mad.

If it bothers you this much I would definitely recommend talking to your therapist about it.

A) You pay her, so it doesn't matter if she thinks you're crazy (unless she thinks you're going to hurt somebody)
        B) if she's a therapist and she's not absolutely brand new I can guarantee that she's seen weirder. People are effected by their dreams in really intense ways all the time. She'll probably think it's actually an external factor causing the nightmares/anxiety, and she went to school to learn how to find out what those factors are and address them. The dream is probably like a "costume" for whatever the real problem is, and once you address the source of the anxiety behind the dream-facade the dreams, and anxieties, should go away.

Good luck, and I wish you well!

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image

I don't think you are crazy. Sometimes the most normal things can suddenly seem terrible if the mood strikes a person. And alens, while currently unlikely, are a possible real life threat, so it's not like you are afraid of them for no reason.

You can talk to us, Gaians love to listen though are sometimes jerks, but I really think you should go ahead and contact your therapist. They never think you are crazy and usually have good advice.

User Image

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I understand.
I have my moods too. Just keep yourself busy.

Party Member

User Image

if your therapist "just thinks you're crazy" she probably sucks at her job, since she's supposed to help you with mental health issues. get a different one.

Dreams are the hearts way of telling us things we don't want to hear, in your case you soul mate is alien to your country.

Party Member

Inamatus Requiem
Dreams are the hearts way of telling us things we don't want to hear, in your case you soul mate is alien to your country.
User Image

rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas