Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alrighty. I have two tattoos: a fairly good sized tribal design on my lower back, and a small symbol on my calf(which I got 2 weeks ago). The lower back tattoo was done about 8 months ago. It's still very raised up(but smooth, it's definately healed). Does this happen for many people? I'm pretty sure the artist went too deep, but I'm not sure. The one on my calf is doing fine.
I haven't gotten any tattoos yet (I'm a wuss.. >.> wink But I'd say you might want to call the place where you got it done and ask them.
I never had that problem. Mine usually went back into my skin around a week or so after I had them done, shortly after the scabbing healed over.

You might want to go to the person who did it for you, and ask if it is alright, and have them look at it for sure.

Neosporin is one of the best things to use to heal it, I am not sure if you used that or not, or if it can affect how it heals.
I don't like know good luck on finding help
Well...I've never had a tattoo, but my friend has, and this never happened to him, I don't think. If you're unsure about it, see the guy who did it, or go to the doctor.
Kupi-Chan
I haven't gotten any tattoos yet (I'm a wuss.. >.> wink But I'd say you might want to call the place where you got it done and ask them.

That does absolutely no good. How are they to remember if they went too deep on a tattoo they did 8 months ago? And, if they do recall, do you honestly think that they would be able to tell if they did indeed go to deep, or if they would even admit to it?

Get it checked out professionally if you are really worried about it healing.
I'm not really worried of it healing, I know for a fact that it's healed. I really think that he went too deep and now it's scarred. *sigh* Guess there's nothing to really do. I'm going to try putting vitamin E on it, I heard that helps with scarring. I used PolyTopic to heal it. I used Tattoo Goo to heal my second tattoo, and that stuff is AMAZING. I would reccomend it to anyone.
Mad Calico Anne
Kupi-Chan

That does absolutely no good. How are they to remember if they went too deep on a tattoo they did 8 months ago? And, if they do recall, do you honestly think that they would be able to tell if they did indeed go to deep, or if they would even admit to it?

They would know the symptoms. stare They would know if what they were explaining about was normal or not.
Kupi-Chan
Mad Calico Anne
Kupi-Chan

They would know the symptoms. stare They would know if what they were explaining about was normal or not.

Yes, there is no need to be an a** to Kupi. Honestly, she said what she thought would work, and that is going to them. :\ And she said she didn't know cus she had not gotten one, so you can hardly jump on her, cus she did not say she was the expert at it. And if they don't admit to it, well then he is just stuck isn't he? What good does your advice do, you don't give any recommendations on what to do, you just cut someone else down :\
GardenOfGray
Alrighty. I have two tattoos: a fairly good sized tribal design on my lower back, and a small symbol on my calf(which I got 2 weeks ago). The lower back tattoo was done about 8 months ago. It's still very raised up(but smooth, it's definately healed). Does this happen for many people? I'm pretty sure the artist went too deep, but I'm not sure. The one on my calf is doing fine.
it could be just because of where it is, cuz my cousin has on that covers his whole back, and he's had it for about 1 year already and it still looks brand new. but he has on on the top part of his hand that he has had for about the sme amount of time and it's perfectly fine.

Proxy Pieslinger

12,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
well you may be alergic to the type of ink he used. or the method he did was flawed and has caused some swelling.

go to a doctor at least.
what color is it?

i know the lighter colors take much longer to heal (friend of mine got a white tatoo liek a year ago and its still raised up a bit)

though you might be right tehy may have gone deep.

for the record i have one tatoo looking to get another
i have two tats of my own and they were back to normal after a few weeks... you may want to go back to the artist and ask if it looks like it healed up right.
Yeah you should call the place and ask him what you should do about it.
The whole tattoo is black, and as I understood, you had to go deeper in order to get black ink to stay properly.

Anyways, I checked with my doctor and pretty much my whole tattoo is one big scar. It makes sense because getting the tattoo was absolute TORTURE, it hurt more than anything I've ever felt(but my 2nd tattoo felt like next to nothing). I'm going to try vitamin e to get the scar to go down a little bit but I guess that's about all I can do. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff